Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 20 best DF stories  (Read 3377 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
20 best DF stories
« on: May 05, 2008, 04:23:00 pm »

Ok, the reason I am posting this is that I'm sick of having stories I follow die on me so I never get to know the end, or ending anticlimactically and leaving me feeling I didn't get the REAL story, I hate it.

Also, I know there are obsessive-compulsive people around here that I can get slaving for me instead of having to look at all of it myself.

Anyways, please do in this thread post links to the 20 best COMPLETELY FINISHED DF stories you know of.

Feel free to post links to more or less than 20 to, or to unfinished stories as long as you make it clear, so this can be a general reference thread.

Thanks.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: 20 best DF stories
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

My story of the swordsman was pretty good, shame noone was interested.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »

i think a far better idea would be to post spoilers for the 20 best stories.  we could each make up a seperate ending and then other people could vote on them.

like, i could say "Mebil and Urist get married and live happily ever after with their 20 children!"

or "a kobold thief sneaks past the defenses and pulls the lever, plummiting the entire fort into the chasm"

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »

Puke, why is posting spoilers a better idea? Wrecking the experience of reading the stories is not a good way of highlighting which stories are good.

Anyway, I can't give you the link at the moment because the search thing doesn't seem to be working but  a good story is One Dwarf Against the World

Its a good story and is quite well written. Alsi, if I remember rightly its that story that made the dwarf name 'Urist' so popular on the forums.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

Armok, find the stories yourself.

[ May 05, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 06:24:00 pm »

Torak & Slappy Moose: You were suposed to post links.

puke: stop spamming.

Bricktop: At last someone sensible, thou I already read One Dwarf Against the World when it was posted, great stuff.

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 06:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>Torak & Slappy Moose: You were suposed to post links.

</STRONG>

As you wish, master.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 07:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bricktop:
<STRONG>Puke, why is posting spoilers a better idea? Wrecking the experience of reading the stories is not a good way of highlighting which stories are good.

Anyway, I can't give you the link at the moment because the search thing doesn't seem to be working but  a good story is One Dwarf Against the World</STRONG>

quote:
Originally posted by puke:
<STRONG>"Mebil and Urist get married and live happily ever after with their 20 children!"</STRONG>

well I thought it was funny, but i guess i actually READ "one dwarf against the world".  

i guess i'll just have to stop spamming this grim and serious compilation of links with my half-hearted attempts at levity.  though i guess if i made at least one person smile and roll their eyes, it was worth getting Armok's felsite thong wadded up.

seriously. ease up.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 09:30:00 pm »

Sorry puke.  :(

I didn't get the joke firs, it's actually funny.
it was just that it was the very first post.

Personally I would purpose: "Urist continues her fort according to plan. just before dyeing of old age after a lifetime of torture Melbid gets thrown into the pits and punished for eternity. Urist gets accepted and becomes the queen of all dwarfs, in her terror regime all are her slaves and great temples are built to worship her. after a while whit the help of artefacts she ascends to godhood and become the goddess of torture and Armoks (my) right hand."
A HAPPY ending.

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 09:48:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>Slappy Moose: You were suposed to post links.</STRONG>

Now look here jackass.

You were too lazy to find some stories yourself. You bitched at us to find you some. I posted a story I made. Now you come back and throw a hissy fit because you wanted a link to the story instead of the story itself!?

And then you call us all "insensible" instead of thanking us for finding stories for you.

Go find your own fucking story.

[ May 05, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 10:10:00 pm »

Woah, woah, woah, calm DOWN, Moose. Yeah, so Armok wasn't being particularly nice. But is that anything to go ape-shit over? I don't think so.

Both of you, try to be a bit more civil.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 08:01:00 am »

This little overreaction of slappy's kinda reminds me of his not nice at all comment a few months back in the suggestion forum.  

To a civil, calm suggestion.

Serial offender anyone?

I actually find this idea of compiling links to interesting stories (with teasers too as puke suggested) a good one, but maybe the wiki would be better for that?  That way, no need to bump or anything.

[ May 06, 2008: Message edited by: Krash ]

MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 08:43:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Krash:
<STRONG>To a civil, calm suggestion.

Serial offender anyone?</STRONG>

There's a difference between a suggestion and someone being a dick about something he wants people to do for him.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 09:33:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>Bricktop: At last someone sensible</STRONG>

That isn't a civil and polite comment, that's being a pompous ass. Instead of thanking me for my contribution to his stupid thread, he called me insensible.

Krash: Armok didn't work at all, he just complained at us to do all the work. He hasn't pitched in at all. The point of a thread is to say or present something, not ask for others to do your bidding, then get all pissy whenever someone actually pitches in but just not the way you wanted people to.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 10:25:00 am »

[shameless selfpromotion] http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=001368
[/shameless selfpromotion]

I thougth it was pretty good, concidering it only lasted half a spring

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: [1] 2