Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Titan Made of Steel (Breathes Fire)  (Read 5950 times)

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Titan Made of Steel (Breathes Fire)
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 05:45:07 pm »

The elves just sieged me. They were even riding mounts. Really badass siege party.
Ofcourse, this all mean't nothing as my Titan just breathed fire all over them and smashed a bunch of them too bits.
I've named it Urik, the Guardian of the Magmaforges. >:3

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 05:51:42 pm »

Spell your name, LONETOPHAT in a food stockpile consisting of wooden booze barrels, and place the last few, inside the range of your titan.  Then light it up.  HA!  That'd make for a great video.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »

Doubt he has the time to set up a cave in unless he has a drawbridge. Another way would be to channel down your main corridor so that he can't get past (you'll be stuck inside the fortress but better that than the beast getting in), and then with the same dwarf (who will be stuck down there, mind you) do the same behind him (that way he's stuck between two pitfalls). Then either pelt him with bolts until he finally dies, or do something else fun with him (cave something onto him, dig out another entrance to the fortress and wall off that old one with the titan, whatever).
If the titan is made of steel, it cannot be killed by bolts. I remember creating a grand master crossbowman/archer in the arena who shot a bronze colossus endlessly with adamantine bolts. The colossus was so damaged and destroyed that there wasn't a single part of it that wasn't red or yellow, and it kept pulling out the bolts. It never died. God only knows how many stacks of 100 bolts that dwarf shot that colossus with.
Well, there's the problem. Bluemetal bolts are less than effective.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 12:59:05 am »

I do too. Can FB's come down with syndromes?

I doubt the demons could really do ANYTHING to it. Even if they web and disable it, their claws won't be able to breach its hide.

In v31 (DF2010), FBs could get syndromes, but had special protection against their own syndrome.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 12:48:56 pm »

Doubt he has the time to set up a cave in unless he has a drawbridge. Another way would be to channel down your main corridor so that he can't get past (you'll be stuck inside the fortress but better that than the beast getting in), and then with the same dwarf (who will be stuck down there, mind you) do the same behind him (that way he's stuck between two pitfalls). Then either pelt him with bolts until he finally dies, or do something else fun with him (cave something onto him, dig out another entrance to the fortress and wall off that old one with the titan, whatever).
If the titan is made of steel, it cannot be killed by bolts. I remember creating a grand master crossbowman/archer in the arena who shot a bronze colossus endlessly with adamantine bolts. The colossus was so damaged and destroyed that there wasn't a single part of it that wasn't red or yellow, and it kept pulling out the bolts. It never died. God only knows how many stacks of 100 bolts that dwarf shot that colossus with.
Well, there's the problem. Bluemetal bolts are less than effective.

I wonder then. Should I be using steel?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 01:17:13 pm »

Or silver, or copper.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 02:02:04 pm »

You NEED TO RECORD A THING about it fighting the circus, and post it.

In Armok's corner, weighing in at one hundred and sixty-five tons, is the unstoppable, all-powerful, inVINcible..... STEEEEEEL TITAAAAAAAN!!!

*cheer*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Innn the Slade corner, its the epitomy of evil, the masters of disaster and the lords of chaos! The inexhaustable.... CLOWNNNNNN CARRRRRRRR!!!

*booooo*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then they fight and someone wins and we all learn a valuable lesson, but nobody pays attention becuase we all just came to see a steel-forged metal death-engine fight satan.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 06:39:14 pm »

This is an engraving of Cacame Awemedinade riding a fire-breathing steel titan into battle against clowns.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 06:40:13 pm »

This is an engraving of Cacame Awemedinade riding a fire-breathing steel titan into battle against clowns.

(Someone should draw this.  Better yet, Toady should have this made into a T-shirt.)
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 06:40:37 pm »

Peanut Butter Jelly robot VS The Balrog of Morgoth

This, I must see.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 07:45:38 pm »

Quote from: dunamisdeos

Then they fight and someone wins and we all learn a valuable lesson, but nobody pays attention becuase we all just came to see a steel-forged metal death-engine fight satan.

I'm highly tempted to sig this.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 09:04:39 pm »

Or silver, or copper.

Adamantine bolts are the most effective, they are light and are strong with edged attacks, bolts use the edge attack. Thus, copper and silver are sub-par bolt metals. I've done tests with slade bolts, and a huge downside was that the slade bolt firing dwarves fired many times slower then the lighter bolt counterparts.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 12:58:45 am »

My understanding is that a crossbow bolt's effectiveness depends greatly on the density of the material it's made of. That's why we use(d?) lead in our bullets instead of a lighter metal.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 05:11:34 am »

sigged

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 10:10:06 am »

Yes, candycotton bolts are absolutely abysmal and quite often don't even pierce clothing. >_<
Pages: 1 [2] 3