Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Titan Made of Steel (Breathes Fire)  (Read 5942 times)

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Titan Made of Steel (Breathes Fire)
« on: March 18, 2012, 03:17:35 pm »

So my fortress is in year five. I've got 13 axedwarves and 7 marksdwarves. I have a pretty good defensive perimeter set up around the outside of my fortress.
I have traps everywhere, lying in wait. We've been sieged twice before and butchered the attackers out of luck with the traps.
But a Titan made out of steel that breathes fire WAS NOT IN MY PLANS BRO.
It's torched my woodcutters and hunter and nows it's charging my entrance. I've got my guys in their defensive positions armed with steel weps and iron armor.
Will I have a chance? ;-;

EDIT: I could just turtle it out I suppose...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Titan Made of Steel (Breathes Fire)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 03:29:25 pm »

Their bravery will not be forgotten untill the last dwarf is dead. Sounds tough, good luck, you'll need it.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 03:51:47 pm »

If you can turtle that's probably going to be your only chance of avoiding swift fun.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 03:56:23 pm »

Keep us informed of the outcome, I would love to know how this turns out.

Also, Steel, fire...you do have ONE trick...
If oyu could lure it into a corner and trap it in a confined space, It's own fire could kill it  ;D
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 04:06:28 pm »

A bunch of adamantine axes should do the trick. The real problem here is that the only things that are going to be able to hurt this thing is steel and adamantine. You might also try to set up a cave in and crush it, since that should kill it as well.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »

I recommend the cave-in method. Detach the roof of a corridor from the rest of the world and hook the support that's holding it up to a lever. When the titan runs down the corridor, pull the lever.

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 04:23:01 pm »

I crushed it beneath a natural overhang above the entrance to my fort. I only lost four dwarves in the encounter. WOOHOO BITCHES.

Acds

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »

Doubt he has the time to set up a cave in unless he has a drawbridge. Another way would be to channel down your main corridor so that he can't get past (you'll be stuck inside the fortress but better that than the beast getting in), and then with the same dwarf (who will be stuck down there, mind you) do the same behind him (that way he's stuck between two pitfalls). Then either pelt him with bolts until he finally dies, or do something else fun with him (cave something onto him, dig out another entrance to the fortress and wall off that old one with the titan, whatever).

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 04:32:17 pm »

Doubt he has the time to set up a cave in unless he has a drawbridge. Another way would be to channel down your main corridor so that he can't get past (you'll be stuck inside the fortress but better that than the beast getting in), and then with the same dwarf (who will be stuck down there, mind you) do the same behind him (that way he's stuck between two pitfalls). Then either pelt him with bolts until he finally dies, or do something else fun with him (cave something onto him, dig out another entrance to the fortress and wall off that old one with the titan, whatever).

If the titan is made of steel, it cannot be killed by bolts. I remember creating a grand master crossbowman/archer in the arena who shot a bronze colossus endlessly with adamantine bolts. The colossus was so damaged and destroyed that there wasn't a single part of it that wasn't red or yellow, and it kept pulling out the bolts. It never died. God only knows how many stacks of 100 bolts that dwarf shot that colossus with.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »

You have lucked out on one of the greatest Titan's ever concieved. Weaponize it. Otherwise, obsidian/cave in :(

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 05:04:42 pm »

You have lucked out on one of the greatest Titan's ever concieved. Weaponize it. Otherwise, obsidian/cave in :(
The cave in somehow didn't kill it. It's unconscious. I've captured it out front and now I have a steel titan that breathes fire as my entrance guard.
I think I just beat Dwarf Fortress. ;D

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 05:06:02 pm »

LoneTophat was never seen again.

*end credits*

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 05:07:56 pm »

LoneTophat was never seen again.

*end credits*
Aslong as I don't breach the circus I should be just fine. Or any caverns with flying FB's.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 05:12:06 pm »

I totally want to see this thing fight some clowns.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »

I do too. Can FB's come down with syndromes?

I doubt the demons could really do ANYTHING to it. Even if they web and disable it, their claws won't be able to breach its hide.
Pages: [1] 2 3