Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: dam kobold  (Read 3177 times)

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
  • ahh, its raining goblin blood.
    • View Profile
dam kobold
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:47:55 pm »

ok, so i set up a good defense to stop them from stealling my stuff (guard dogs) but umm, yea when ever i catch them and sent my military and the dogs after him, he runs and goes like so fast, hes 2X faster than my dog and faster than a deer o.O so is that normal and how do i counteract it?
ahh, its raining goblin blood everwere

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: dam kobold
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 03:38:30 pm »

normal, yes. Fast little buggers. They don't have anything worth chasing though
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 04:36:09 pm »

If you really really want the little kobolds build walls with a gate outside your fortress... when the kobold is spotted close the gate and send your archer types at him.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 04:36:53 pm »

I've usually managed to kill them by having 1 sentry at the main entrance. Presumably, the kobold manages to sneak past him, but it bumps into another dwarf later on. When he tries to run out of the fortress, the sentry stabs him in the eye with an iron spear.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »

Marksdwarfs and big cats. A lever that deconstructs floor grates covering your entrance works for me - though I normally reserve it for trapping sieges

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 04:52:51 pm »

-snip, wrong thread-

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 05:24:30 pm »

found a way, i just extended my walkway, so when he bumps into my guard dogs at the front he will run awary and get caught between the traps i place out (mostly cage)

Myrmec

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing the [z]tock market
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »

kobold thieves have trapavoid don't they?  I've never been able to cage one

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 06:31:12 pm »

kobold thieves have trapavoid don't they?  I've never been able to cage one

Normally yes

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 06:50:44 pm »

I thought this was about a river dam named in honor of kobolds.

Are kobolds trap immune? If you control the access route to your fortput cage / weapon traps somewhat distant from your watch dogs, when the turn and run back towards traps they would, theoretically spring them.

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 07:21:47 pm »

thats what the frekisly long hallway is for... and to trap and people i don't like >.>

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 09:36:54 pm »

Kobolds are treated like creatures sneaking in adventure mode. If they get spotted, they run to a spot that is not in line of sight of the creature that detected them, then will begin sneaking. Ambush skill. As they flee from the spotter, any traps they avoided while sneaking in are now waiting for them. With trapavoid 2, creatures are immune to traps, unless webbing is liberally applied.
 Similar to healthy dwarves avoiding cage and weapon traps. No problems unless they are injured, and try to stagger their way past them
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 10:03:51 pm »

are they immune to atom smash? i have 3 bridges connect to a lever (that is my nobel job to handle) and i can just order him to push it repedily im pretty sure one of them will get him >.<

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 10:11:34 pm »

Yup, you should wind up with a kobold pancake

Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 03:04:52 am »

Kitty penned in a 1x1 activity zone on a pressure plate.  When spooked, plate raises pulling closed the retractable drawbridge.  Until the kitty returns to her pen there is no exit for Mr. Kobold.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.
Pages: [1] 2