Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80626 times)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #300 on: August 27, 2012, 01:47:03 am »

I just launch with the Lazy Newb Pack. Installs and uninstalls graphics with a click.

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2012, 12:01:05 pm »

I've already gotten it to display in ASCII (by using lazy newb, even) but the tiles are wrong. I think a picture will help. This is loam:

The silty clay and sandy clay walls below it have the same tiles. Then it comes to black sand:

The problem is that these are the wrong tiles. How do I fix this?
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

NLTM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2012, 01:40:14 pm »

For some reason even when I make light and heavy cloud schematics at the library, the weather factory doesn't let me dilute/condense clouds to be light/heavy. Is there something I'm missing here, or are clouds just borked at the moment?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2012, 12:43:33 am »

'ere the Chias get hungry...

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 30, 2012, 12:31:55 am »

Aw no, Sorcerer is becoming terminally ill with real life again... :[
I was going to start up in Dwarf Fortress again sometime this weekend if this mod had been updated recently but it doesn't look like it has been.

...Maybe if I can scrounge up the remains of what I had been working on all those months ago I could make something nice. Probably nothing pony-related as when I tried modifying the ponies all hell broke loose, but I'll at least salvage my plants since that's all I really know how to mod.

Eh, it's just as well. I'm enjoying my headcanon for My Little Pony more than the canon of the show regardless of my anticipation for season three's arrival next month. If someone could tutor me in how to edit the raws and as to what does what when I have a little more free time on my hands I could give putting that into motion a try.

...Bicorn Ponies, Kelpie Ponies, Dragon's Blood Ponies, Underdark Ponies, Earth Ponies whose ties to nature or lack thereof let them use magic or augment themselves with machinery, and their inclusion in a society that lets them mingle, laugh, play and love with humans, dwarves, elves, and many others. That's just the tip of the iceberg. I can think of this stuff in the blink of an eye but until I can understand the raws like how people like Sorcerer can I will be unable to even implement the slightest bit of what I can imagine.

I owe this inspiration to Sorcerer and My Little Fortress: Fanon is Magic. The two combined are half of what really got me interested in the franchise and in modding Dwarf Fortress beyond just drunk midgets in mail bikinis. Either way thank you Sorcerer, and I hope you can get back into the whole Dwarf Fortress modding scene very soon.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2012, 11:09:39 pm »

Stayin' alive.

Corwynt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 08, 2012, 05:37:47 pm »

Hey, first time posting ever. I'm making a fic by playing through in adventure mode and loging all the events/dialog. Every single pony I've encountered has has amethyst eyes which I find kinda strange, is there a reason for this?
Anyway, keep up the great work!  :D

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 08, 2012, 09:33:03 pm »

Unfortunately, in Dwarf Fortress, castes tend to have the same coloured skin, hair and eyes across the whole entity. Ponies, however, should have a bit of variance thanks to their many castes. Not sure why all ponies would have amethyst eyes.

Corwynt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2012, 09:14:53 am »

While playing again I found more variety but mostly umber coloured eyes, my zebra's eyes were cobalt blue. I'm no expert on how Dwarf Fortress genetics works  :-\

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 10, 2012, 06:36:05 am »

Every once in a while, all of my beginning ponies will all have the exact same eyes, but as more join more variance is observed.

Finnfinn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 11, 2012, 07:15:36 am »

Pegasus ponies don't seem to be able to fly (other than alicorns). They're missing their [FLIER] tag. Are they supposed to be earthbound?
There's no place like !!home!!.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2012, 01:29:24 am »

Pegasus ponies don't seem to be able to fly (other than alicorns). They're missing their [FLIER] tag. Are they supposed to be earthbound?

I wondered why my miners dropped to their deaths...

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2012, 09:33:55 am »

Argh! the post notification thing broke again, sorry guys i was assuming this thread was idling in the depths at the moment..
I have one last push on this project then i have at least a couple of weeks of vacation.. some will inevitably be used to play guild wars 2, but I pinkie pie swear I'll have an updated, non-buggy* version out by the weekend of the 20th at the latest.
I have MOST stuff done, but there are still some remaining issues that i need to double check before i can do a proper release.

* version will most likely not be non-buggy

Corwynt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2012, 12:20:42 am »

Argh! the post notification thing broke again, sorry guys i was assuming this thread was idling in the depths at the moment..
I have one last push on this project then i have at least a couple of weeks of vacation.. some will inevitably be used to play guild wars 2, but I pinkie pie swear I'll have an updated, non-buggy* version out by the weekend of the 20th at the latest.
I have MOST stuff done, but there are still some remaining issues that i need to double check before i can do a proper release.

* version will most likely not be non-buggy

I'm hoping for a list of all the fancy new nice things with the new version  :D

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2012, 03:38:42 am »

Okay, have a few minutes of downtime before the last blind rush to project completion (12 hour days! whooo!)

The bug fix run is MOSTLY done, I've fixed all of the research and schematic stuff, so that should work properly now, tho I might have to look into reducing the worth of the research if it turns out to be too-free money.

There are some issues that may require a bit of a rewrite tho... The apple trees don't work with multiple quality checkers as they keep fighting over loose apples which result in job cancellation spam, I've been thinking about maybe making an apple orchard building instead and making a harvest process like the rainbow refractor works now (only with a bit more automation i guess) It'll still be labor intensive but should give pretty good payoff.

I've made a pass at the creature bodies, changing some names here (front leg to foreleg for instance) as well as add graspers to earth pony hooves, pegasus wings, and added more graspers tied to the unicorn horn. This should give ponies the ability to use the all important shields and crossbows again. The Cutie Mark change is also in so there'll be quite a bit of diversity in ponies now.. with.. what was it.. 133 castes?

One problem I have with DF atm is that a lot of the changes made really counter the canonity of the mod, like the forced clothing for instance, and how some of the systems are tied together, if you have [uses animal products] you get milk and wool, but also leather.. and the concept of ponies running around in cow leather armor is kinda... ick...
I've added things like backpacks and waterskins from cloth and wood.
I could do with some ideas for medium armor that does not involve killing potentially intelligent creatures.

Outside that, i do have grand plans but so far no time to implement them, we'll see when this project is done if i can actually add some of the planned stuff! cross your hooves and stuff!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25