Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80649 times)

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2012, 09:45:20 am »

I noticed something that's probably a bug though. The creature_standard file still has the Vanilla-DF unicorns in it. So I had a strange situation where I embarked in a Good biome and there were unintelligent, presumably butcherable unicorns walking around.

I guess those Unicorns are to Ponies what Monkeys are to us.

Horrible Horrible (delicious) bushmeat?

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2012, 12:44:37 pm »

I noticed something that's probably a bug though. The creature_standard file still has the Vanilla-DF unicorns in it. So I had a strange situation where I embarked in a Good biome and there were unintelligent, presumably butcherable unicorns walking around.

I guess those Unicorns are to Ponies what Monkeys are to us.

Horrible Horrible (delicious) bushmeat?

Wonder what monkey taste like... Probably Chicken... Like just about everything else that seems a bit "odd" to eat...
Now i ain't sayin' i'm a gold digger...

But i am sayin' i dig diggin'

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2012, 12:57:19 pm »

I have the weirdest craving for meat right now.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2012, 02:23:55 pm »

Hmmmm, I could have sworn I specifically removed those, along with most of the animalmen... One more for the bug list then.

I was expecting to get some off time in the coming weeks, but we were literally JUST informed of another four week full time ++ project, (ah the wonderful world of software quality assurance!) so as usual, major updates will be lax, tho I am spending time actually planning stuff I just need to get some time to actually implement them.

I'm hoping to release an official version with the new cutie mark system sometime this weekend, then I'll set my focus on making (or stealing!) some changelings and set up some interactions, as it seems alot of people want something to fight :P

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2012, 08:05:08 am »

wings should grasp to, seeing how pegasi seem to be able to lift, hold and manipulative things with there wings (ie. Fluttershy opening a bag with them and a pegasi bench pressing weights with them)
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2012, 08:25:11 am »

Actually Sorcerer, if you copied the whole set of raws that I gave you a while back that means that unicorns and animal men are back ingame (and that vanilla elves are babysnatchers).
I didn't know of the unicorn and animal men removal when I updated the raws so that could explain it.

wings should grasp to, seeing how pegasi seem to be able to lift, hold and manipulative things with there wings (ie. Fluttershy opening a bag with them and a pegasi bench pressing weights with them)

That would give them 5 graspers.
Pegasi would be able to hold 1 weapon and 4 shields...
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 27, 2012, 10:39:37 am »

yeah I actually upgraded my files manually using your instructions, so mine is sans animalmen, but I do recall having to do that at some point previous and I must have missed the unicorn ones..
Anyways, I was going to spend some downtime today updating the gdoc with the new values, and was impressingly shocked to see that you'd already done that! Cheers!
As the caste system is pretty damn structured now, adding castegroups should be a fairly easy task, it's just a matter of keeping organized!

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2012, 06:12:15 am »

Something I brought up before, but I'm thinking that diamond dogs need a bit of an overhaul. Right now they function like kobolds, sneaking in, stealing from the stockpiles when there's no show evidence for them to be thieves. They seem to have the dwarven affinity for wealth, without the morals i.e. they dig their own tunnels, gather their own gems, forge their own armor and weapons, but aren't shy about kidnapping anyone who shows aptitude for hunting gems. Maybe make them a civ with metal armor and spears, the babysnatcher tag, and view slavery and killing animals as acceptable. It'd certainly spice up world gen with diamond dog-pony wars.

Either that or they could take the place of the subterranean animal men with baby snatching, metal armor and spears, and a stockpile of gems.

Edit: ALso what are the dimensions for a forum avatar?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:08:48 am by Indigo_Surprise »

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2012, 10:41:21 am »

Is possible to mix vanillia and mod's stuff? Or at least give pony civilization with possiblity to play Dwarfes? I'm never tried to change something in raws.
 What is the pony size? Dwarfes have 60,000 cm3 [~60 kilos] and I think dwarfes are some bigger/heavier or some lighter than Little Ponies, but i heard about ~200 kilos weight ponies!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:55:48 am by Volfgarix »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 09, 2012, 02:31:05 pm »

Whats the news Sorcerer?

Is possible to mix vanillia and mod's stuff? Or at least give pony civilization with possiblity to play Dwarfes? I'm never tried to change something in raws.
 What is the pony size? Dwarfes have 60,000 cm3 [~60 kilos] and I think dwarfes are some bigger/heavier or some lighter than Little Ponies, but i heard about ~200 kilos weight ponies!

Dwarves are lighter and smaller than ponies, pony sizes are 4000 for newborns, 25000 for young children (age 1-5), 50000 for older children (age 5-12), 100000 for young adults (12-18) and 150000 for grown adults (18+).

The entities and creatures are separate in the mod, if you want vanilla races to return just copy-paste "entity_default" from the vanilla version of the game and dwarves, humans, goblins and elves should reappear in worldgen.
You can also just modify the entity_default file in the mod, whichever works.

Remember to use TAB to choose which civ to play as when embarking.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 09, 2012, 03:28:41 pm »

Whats the news Sorcerer?

Dwarves are lighter and smaller than ponies, pony sizes are 4000 for newborns, 25000 for young children (age 1-5), 50000 for older children (age 5-12), 100000 for young adults (12-18) and 150000 for grown adults (18+).
[...]

Waaaaiiit... I think, these sizes are for normal ponies, our world's ponies, I thought the ponies from My Little Pony are smaller. Where from you gained infomation about their sizes?
 How to kill these hooved, armored, more than double sized than Dwarf Ponies?! Ba! They're bigger than humans!
 On other way... That will be more FUNNY, but I never even didn't have a goblin siege... Whaterver, marksdwarves should be right option.
 Can I get the picture about Pony and Dwarf size comparison?
 And few more questions:
- Is possible to piss off ponies and make them like to send ambushes/sieges against me?
- What stuff usually caravans have?
- What stuff usually have Pony soldiers?
- Is possible to be attacked by alicorns?

Thanks for answers.

Ps. Diamond dogs are bigger than ponies... They're bigger than grizzly bears?
 And bear from Lesson Zero episode from MLP... Fluttershy wasn't bigger than that bear.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:51:08 pm by Volfgarix »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2012, 11:06:42 pm »

Uuh, I don't know about size comparisons, those are the pony sizes taken directly from the creature_pony_NEW file.

- Yes, kill their outpost liasons and attack their merchants
- Everything except for Evil, Underground, Leather and animal products
- Axes, spears and short swords. No ranged weapons in v1.21
- No, there is only one per civ.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 10, 2012, 04:43:20 am »

Are you gonna change pony size? My arguments in previous message.
 Other questions:
- Ponies and other new civs have tamed building destroying siege creatures?
- I will meet other new civs when playing Dwarves? And where Can I get info about these civs?
- When Ponies will get ranged weapons?
- Ponies have Torture For Fun tag? I heard about this.
- When will be next version?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:05:12 am by Volfgarix »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 10, 2012, 11:54:28 am »

I don't know.

- Depends on where they settle in worldgen, which likely means that they don't. Diamond Dogs should pretty much have the same gear and creatures as goblins though.
- If they appear in worldgen, then yes. Pasting the vanilla entity file should give you 8 different civs, including the 4 added by the mod.
- Next version probably, discussion about how giving ponies grasping hooves was done a few pages ago.
- [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:UNTHINKABLE], you heard wrong.
- When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east and when Sorcerer wills it.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 10, 2012, 02:42:55 pm »

I don't know.

- Depends on where they settle in worldgen, which likely means that they don't. Diamond Dogs should pretty much have the same gear and creatures as goblins though.
- If they appear in worldgen, then yes. Pasting the vanilla entity file should give you 8 different civs, including the 4 added by the mod.
- Next version probably, discussion about how giving ponies grasping hooves was done a few pages ago.
- [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:UNTHINKABLE], you heard wrong.
- When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east and when Sorcerer wills it.

Ok, thanks, I'm now trying -My Little Fortress: Valikdu's Rampage Edition 1.62-,a t first I looked at few new creatures in arena mode.
 So, in that mod are ponies,[smaller than in Fanon mod], monster ponies and mechaponies [if I seen good] with cannons, looks interesting, I will now try fortress mode as Dwarves and wait for some ponies to kill.

Fanon mod looks more Canon than Valikdu's mod. I'm looking mostly about killing normal ponies, griffons ect. from MLP than biomecha ponies or other mutated things like in Valikdu's mod, which is interesting too. I will play at 2 mods for comparison.

1. Anyone have idea, how to make Dwarves having only they Dwarvy things/animals on embark?
2. Is possible for dwarves to smelt at least a part of new metals[if these are in that mod]?
 Maybe someone wanna ask me: "Why you want kill ponies?" I answer: "Why not?"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:52:22 pm by Volfgarix »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25