Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80616 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.1
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 06:48:34 pm »

dualboot or VM is the only way i know of. It does run on linux tho so you may be able to just whack in a USBoot version of ubuntu or something and play it from there :D

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 09:01:32 pm »

The major reasoning for the bundle is i kinda prefer it as a full package, especially with the stonesense sprites being a bit integral to the mod.
Well, it makes it much less compatible with other mods — and how many are using the Stonesense part? Stonesense can't do input, it's just a visualizer, so all I'm doing with those sprites is using them as source for a tileset(which is still messing up the stocks screen dangit)…

Also, more important for later versions, that stuff increases the download size each time.

Since it also changes several of the default files, it's not really just a drop in and go type of mod.
Sorry for lack of simple linux support, I tend to forget this game is released on all platforms :P
But i figure you linuxites have the know-how to grab what you want from this release (hint: its everything with pony in the name)
Actually, that's not it, because it changes several of the vanilla files :P

I'm used to seeing a mod that just includes the changed vanilla files as if they were new; I copy everything else in, diff those files, and apply those changes manually. That's easy. Currently I'm considering a "pull-only" install of this, where I just add the pony entity and what it links to(via a tool), because that'd be easier >_>

(I'm also still on .34.02 because of how inconvenient it was to transfer all the mods on mine from .34.01, although I'll probably move to .34.06 because of how much of a problem clothing is :J)

Errorlog:
That errorlog is in the package, not likely relevant :/
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Surp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 11:58:13 pm »

Realized we can use larger sprites for stonesense now that the zoom levels have been properly fixed, which means more detailed sprites! whoo!

Here's some magical alicorns i made by pasting wings and horns on earth ponies! huzzah!

Note that you can even see their eyecolor if you zoom in now :D

Uhhh shiny.  :)
So you still working on the bigger sprites? Cause i think there are some cothes that needs to be adjusted and i would like to help with that. The patches in the rags will look at least 20% cooler with bigger sprites and more detail.

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
  • and their UFO Connection
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 02:39:29 am »

Tried out 1.0 and was very happy with it. Downloading this new version right away.

EDIT: Ah, I'm running into that aforementioned Worldgen crash every time I try to gen a world beyond about 15-20 years.
        Any workarounds or do we just need to avoid anything longer than a 5 year history until the bug is fixed?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:01:41 am by FiveFives »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 03:04:33 am »

hmmm that is really odd... try the dropbox link on the last page, it should work.

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 03:51:46 am »

That one does seem to work just fine, I genned several worlds up to 250 years.

I'd run them further but the time it takes gets pretty terrible above that setting.  This laptop isn't much to work with.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 04:05:46 am »

Yeah it seems i have some bugs with that last release then.. should update this with the working version, thanks for the catch!

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 05:32:30 am »

Oh, by the way.
This version you dropboxed...I assume it's some sort of debug version?

I decided to just use it and noticed some interesting perks were available on embark.
Every pony in my fort is also female but I'm chalking that up to an intentional pony gender-bias.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 05:34:41 am »

Yeah, its the "development" build if you will...

What kind of perks, im not sure exactly what you're referring to and i don't want to miss anything huge for the next release :P

There is a fairly large gender bias towards female, yes.

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 06:12:09 am »

When selecting "Prepare Carefully" I began with many Silk Rose products worth 250 a piece in my loadout.
Removing some of these items for 250 each left me with an enormous point pool to work with.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 06:39:04 am »

ahyeah, that's a known issue.. The primary reason for the generic pony - no skills embark.. Im going to reduce the price for the seeds for now, see if i can find a workaround later.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 07:01:22 am »

Released My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.1.4

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5929

Changelog 1.1.4

-Diamond Dogs redesign
-- New bodies, now bipedal with grasping hands.
-- Reduced in size (to match new pony size)
-- Given some new armor to wear.
-- Two castes added Digdog and Bigdog, smaller and larger than the default dog respectively.
--- Digdog is smaller and weaker but tougher and more agile
--- Bigdog is dumb as a brick but big strong and tough

-Zebra entity changes
-- Some changes to item and armor availability
- Zebra creature changes
-- Reduced size to match new ponies
-- Changed appearance modifiers to allow colored stonesense sprites
-- Improved stonesense sprites.

- Griffon entity changes
-- Changed some item and armor availability
- Griffon creature changes
-- tweaked appearance modifiers. Head,wings and upper arms are now properly covered in feathers, claws are not, lower half is covered in fur.
-- tweaked body file: griffons are quadrapedal but can now use their forelimbs as graspers (like gorillas), as such, the prehensile tail and grasping beak is removed.

- Plant Changes
-- Reduced value of silkrose seeds
-- Reduced value of silkrose silk thread

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 10:29:31 am »

I'm sorry for asking this but is there a possibility that there could be a version of this made without the graphics? My computer is unable to run Dwarf Fortress with any sort of tileset, due to hardware reasons. Never mind, stupid question.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:34:10 am by dei »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 11:07:37 am »

Opening /data/init/init.txt and setting [GRAPHICS:NO] and [PRINT_MODE:STANDARD] will turn off the custom graphics for creatures and True Type fonts.
There is no difference between running the tile version or a graphical tileset (unless you're using PRINT_MODE:TEXT on linux/osx) it loads all the tiles from a PNG image. There is little difference wether it loads a set of letters or a set of graphics since the letters are just drawings of letters anyway :P

RPGriffon

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Caw-caw, baby. SumunSinsot is here!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 08:54:58 am »

In adventure mode my griffon still uses only his tail as grasper, so he can carry only one item at a time. Is that okay?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25