Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: The -------- of the Asylum - Dead or Alive  (Read 26501 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - The Second
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 04:45:26 pm »

Hoo boy.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 05:36:45 pm »

:o

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2012, 01:14:57 am »

Oh goodness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2012, 12:16:36 pm »

Lacking "E" PM.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:31:14 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 03:57:19 pm »

Requisites (corrected): I am still accepting WAITLISTERS! Requesting waitlisting is handled by PMs. I'll be updating this at least once every day unless I die. If all of you send me the actions earlier, you get it earlier. Do not send those to me within two days of my last post and you are out.

The -------- of the Asylum - 2B

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A explores the downstairs level. [6] It is darker than the 1F, and the ground feels...Wet, as if there was a fine blade of murky water over the floor. But even the floor did not feel too solid; it sank with each step, emitting a spongy sound as A's bare feet touched its surface. Even though it is dark, A is able to discover that the space exactly under 1F's corridors closest to the room the "letters" woke up in are walled. The music is considerably louder around here. Something damp and soft touches A's back...

B rolls away from the thing he just bumped against. [4]vs[5][6] It seems the quick roll over the metal shards is working, as the sound of something flailing above him is heard, but that is temporary. B feels a pang of pain in his torso and upon looking at it, see that roughly one third of his intestines are spilled forth, along with a wriggling mass of vermins entangled around whatever it was that he saw in that fingerpainting...B faints...But he can still see small plaques marking the time in the resemblance of a grim clock, measuring how much time is left until it comes.

C [6] tries to leave the room, pushing the door open and falling on the floor afterwards. The door closes right behind C.

D grabs the scalpel and attempts to leave the room. [2] The door is closed...The light goes out and after some seconds in which the only thing breaking the otherwise absolute silence is D's breathing, a loud cracking resounds around the small room and dust falls on D's head.

E [6] keeps running down the stairs and upon setting foot inside the dimly-lit and dusty corridor afterwards, E turns left/right. E is sprinting towards freedom, but the lingering headache gets stronger and E retches as more of something starts to force its way out of his throat.

F runs toward the second right corridor. The creature follows her but does not attack, making enough sound as it moves as to allow F to know where it is. [3] The pain starts to come in sharp attacks, and F will not be able to run for too long. She descends the second right corridor's stairs, but something is wrong. The place she is in has a dirt floor, is pitch black, there are no walls and the smell is unbearable. The music comes from here, and it is almost deafening at the moment. F touches the area around her, [4] and even in the darkness, she interprets what her fingers tell her. The rusty metal plaque has "2B" stamped on it.

The white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it is still lit. Two smaller plaques move showing the time left for (?); there are fourty-six minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is dimly-lit.

There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant. It hurts. It hungers.

1 [3].

2 [5].

3 sleeps (?). [2] It will wake up...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Outside, fire rains down from the skies.

[2][3][2][2][6][4][5][5][6][1][1][4][6][6][2]

All of the floors shake and screech, almost causing the conscious "letters" to go deaf.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:51:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - 2B
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »

I actually wonder if I should have made this RTD more player friendly. There are a bunch of things that only become clear after analysis, and one of the main plot shenanigans is on the 1F map F has. And I mean it, F has a map.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 09:14:01 pm »

Player Friendly? You've answered every action well by making the players think, judging by what we're seeing here ^-^

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 09:19:16 pm »

Actually making the players think was my intention, and it seems to have worked to a certain point.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 09:22:46 pm »

Actually making the players think was my intention, and it seems to have worked to a certain point.
and it seems to have worked to a certain point.
to a certain point.

I pity the men and women who are trying to escape now. Though, this is fun to just watch! Besides, F pointed it out earlier.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 03:55:36 pm »

Requisites (corrected): I am still accepting WAITLISTERS! Requesting waitlisting is handled by PMs. I'll be updating this at least once every day unless I die. If all of you send me the actions earlier, you get it earlier. Do not send those to me within two days of my last post and you are out.

The -------- of the Asylum - A Song of Joy

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A spins his metal pipe to hit whatever is behind him, [1] but not only manages to miss. A also trips while swinging the pipe, providing a opportunity for whatever is in the darkness to attack him, [3]vs[6-1] but A quickly rolls and dodges, feeling something dislocating the air above his head in a heavy strike that missed by a feet.

B tries to explore his inner demons in his unconscious state. [5] He can hear laughter and voices; he can see a bright world, and he can also see a woman with long, black hair sitting on a chair by the window and singing a beautiful song. B is not able to see her face, and realized he is in a hall.

C keeps running while attempting to find stairs, [2]vs[4] but is attacked by a sudden urge to sleep. C drops to the floor and falls asleep.

D tries to leave the room, [1] but there is no other way out than the closed door which still refuses to budge. The cracking sound gets louder and some of the shelves start to press against D's body. More dust and pieces of the ceiling fall over his head. There is precious little time.

E stops for a moment, [3] but the sickness will not go away. E does not vomit, but also does not feel any better than before.

F starts to feel around, desperately searching for anything she could use as a weapon, [6] finding something very heavy, which she has to hold with both hands. The total darkness does not allow F to see clearly, but as she touches  the object, it becomes fairly obvious it is a rusty sword. The shadow which has been following her arrives at 2B and starts to move slowly towards the female. F tries to locate the source of the deafening song, [5] managing to discover it comes from a place straight ahead, but very, very far...2B seems bigger than the rest of the building. [3] The music starts to dull her senses and erode her mind...

The white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it is still lit. Two smaller plaques move showing the time left for (?); there are fourty-one minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is dimly-lit.

There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant. It hurts. It hungers.

1 [3].

2 [4] moves.

3 sleeps (?). [1] It will wake up...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Outside, the earth burns.

[5][5][5][5][5][2]4][2][2][6][6][1][4][1][5]

The doors and columns shudder.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:49:18 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - A Song of Joy
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 06:43:57 pm »

PTW maybe even waitlist?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 06:47:37 pm »

PM me with the name of this thread (Asylum) and requesting a waitlist position. I'll get you into the waitlist.
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 04:17:04 pm »

The -------- of the Asylum - Prologue End

A swings his metal pipe once again and [5] successfully bashes the wicked thing in the shadows behind him. There is a moist sound when the pipe hits home and A feels a mass of what seems living tissue retreat after being hit squarely. The ground begins to tremble.

B approaches the woman and inquires about her name. [3] "And then they knew the soulless existed, for their birth cry was clear; for it tore the surface and ripped through the ether, and it lashed upon those who existed underneath it...The soulless feed...Under the watch of the Gate..." - the last parts seem to be disconnected pieces of thought and she says it without turning her face back. B turn feels something strange slithering towards his leg, [2]vs[1] avoiding it just to feel a sharp pain on his gut. The right side of his body starts to open slowly as if being carefully sliced. The word almost fall apart. But the ground begins to tremble.

C tries to visualize the entity trying to take over, [3] but is only able to discern a faint and distorted figure which is seeping inside her and concentrating on violating C's mind. [6] The figure disappears and the darkened walls create bulging veins. There is no one there to help. The ground begins to tremble.

D tries to grab something something heavy to take down the door, [4] finding a large crowbar [1] but discovering it is useless against the door. Half of the ceiling falls very close to his back, spewing dust, debris and dirty, stagnant water over him. The ground begins to tremble.

E stands up and tries to follow his ears. [5] E is close and is able to hear something, and so he runs towards it. Towards freedom. The ground begins to tremble.

F tries to ignore the music, [3] but only manages to avoid walking around in circles while clutching her ears. [2] She stays in the same place, gripping the rusty sword, feeling pain, sweating and afraid. The ground begins to tremble.

The white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it is still lit. Two smaller plaques move showing the time left for (?); there are - minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is dimly-lit.

There is a soft song playing in the background. It sounds maddening. It screeches. It bleeds.

1 [2].

2 [1].

3 sleeps (?). [4] Its slumber is peaceful no more...

Outside, freedom.

[6][6][6][3][1][2][2][4][2][6][6][1][4][1][6]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You wake up. You do not know why you were sleeping. Why? Hmm? Who are you anyway...You can hardly remember, but there is something wrong here. Yes, sure there is. You are wearing that dresslike thing people put on when they are hospitalized. Are you in a hospital? Maybe, you sure are lying on something that looks like an hospital bed. You scan the area. You discover through transparent curtains that there are six more such as you. None of the beds has any letter on it. Why were you expecting that? You can faintly recognize them, but then again, you are only able to discern your gender. You just can't remember, simple as that. The walls are pristine and white. There place is silent and the room has no windows. There is a door on the far right side of the wall. The lighting is white and the place looks like a modern hospital.

-You may now pick your gender and appearance. Some people did not figure out how to do it during the prologue.
-And...you still can not remember your name
-New member acquired: Spinal_Taper, the waitlister who had been wrestling for the control of Sinpwn's mind and winning most of times.
-You can now post normally.
-And...The outcome was relatively positive. Which means B, C and F should have died according to my little book. Which does not mean they walked away from this experience unharmed.
-Some OOC questions may be answered now. Except for the name of the thread.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:48:27 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Prologue End
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 05:12:44 pm »

Bryan is reasonably sure his name isn't Bryan, but for some reason he likes the sound of that B. Weird.

Bryan checks himself for wounds, particularly his ample gut.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Prologue End
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 05:31:27 pm »

The woman feels her head, wondering if the...things on it were just part of the dream. She then gets up and searches for useful things.

((I was D))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16