Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: The -------- of the Asylum - Dead or Alive  (Read 26496 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Strange Body
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 07:48:16 am »

--------

This means the number of letters right?  :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 08:19:19 am »

Maybe.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 08:43:48 am »

Monsters seems rather likely considering 1, 2 and 3. Add that to the fact that it is an eight letter word and it fits the structure of the title... Well let's just say my money is down on that one.

Resuming Lurk.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 08:54:57 am »

Patients

Yep, gotta be that.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 09:02:32 am »

Patients

Yep, gotta be that.

Ooh, Also good...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 09:15:06 am »

The Bullshit of the Asylum

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 04:28:43 pm »

Requisites (corrected): I am still accepting WAITLISTERS! I'll be updating this at least once every day unless I die. If all of you send me the actions earlier, you get it earlier. Do not send those to me within two days of my last post and you are out.

The -------- of the Asylum - Struggling within

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A grabs one of the sturdy pipes but is left without a way of keeping the handgun. [6] Under a pile of the metal tubes there seems to be something else... A digs a little into the steel pipes, causing one of them to fall over, hitting his/her left hand and brusing it slightly, but at last an old bag is found. A puts the gun into the bag and passes its single strap over his/her shoulder.

B inspects the corridor closely. [5] Not only it is safe, but B also finds out all of the nearby halls of the second floor do not seem dangerous for the moment. The top floor is also cleaner than the lower one, but the light is somewhat different. [4] He pays attention to the background music and as he thinks of humming along it for one reason or another, B realizes the music is not only impossible to understand or reproduce, it is also occasionally punctuated by an undertone of chaos, causing something inside the building to stir. [1] He wishes he had never paid attention to it, as the music penetrates his ears slowly like a maddening poison, causing him to clench his teeth.

C taps D's back and smiles. D does not even have time to turn back before C assaults him/her, resulting in a  vicious struggle as C keeps trying to cover D's mouth and wrestle the switchblade out of his/her hand, [3][6-1] but D spins over his/her own feet, breaking C's right arm grip over his own and avoiding most of C's maddened onslaught while still keeping the switchblade tightly gripped between their fingers, panting in exertion as both fighters try to seize control of the situation. [2].

D examines the room in search of useful tools, [4] and finds a brand-new scalpel half-hidden on top of one of dusty shelves, but before even reaching for it, D feels a light tap and before having time to turn around properly, is attacked by C.

E attempts to shake off the thoughts of the creature and focus on leaving this place. [3] E is able to relieve his/her mind of the feeling that had suddenly appeared with the creature, but it was here no more. E still needs more time to remember all of the directions and recover the lost willpower, but he/she still [2] stumbles towards the way out of the building.

F examines B just as he appears upstairs. [4] B seems human, but something seems wrong; upon turning her back, she watches as B examines the hall carefully, the hidden fingerpaintings still in tow. B grins.

The white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it is still lit. Two smaller plaques move showing the time left for (?); there are sixty-five minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is also lit.

There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant. It hurts.

1 [1] grins.

2 bites (?) the metal grating. [2] Loud noises denounce the weakening structure.

3 sleeps (?). [6] It will wake up.....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Struggling within
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:48 pm »

Oooh, ooh! Prisoner!

Or Prisoners of the Asylum!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 03:10:46 pm »

(This turn may take longer than expected due to me losing all the progress on the next turn of The Covenant of Arcane Steel.)
Fortunately we are still lacking some posts here...2 PMs left.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:57:02 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 04:27:44 pm »

(This turn may take longer than expected due to me losing all the progress on the next turn of The Covenant of Arcane Steel.)
Fortunately we are still lacking some posts here...2 PMs left.

I found this a while back when there was a rash of Turn losses in the subforum, it has proven quite useful.

LAZARUS

It automatically saves what you're working on in text boxes every five seconds or so, and then if you go off page or accidentally delete everything you wrote you can right click and bring it all back.
---

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 03:42:31 pm »

Requisites (corrected): I am still accepting WAITLISTERS! I'll be updating this at least once every day unless I die. If all of you send me the actions earlier, you get it earlier. Do not send those to me within two days of my last post and you are out.

The -------- of the Asylum - Shifting floor

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A continues down the corridor while looking for an exit. [6] Aside from the stairwell that leads both upwards and downwards, the two doors nearest the stairs are slightly open. One of them has light seeping from within.   

B moves down the hallway, occasionally turning his head towards F to check on her. F is in front of B by the stairwell, and B is grinning. [1] B starts to choke violently before kneeling on the ground. Something is wrong here.

C tells D she is sorry and lowers her voice to a whisper. C [3]vs[2] disarms D, taking the former's switchblade and grinning with the tool in her hand. [3] C blinks and stops grinning for a moment.

D, now unarmed, tries to reach for the scalpel, [2]vs[3] but C moves right in front of the shelf.

E stumbles [2] and  falls to the ground. [4] E feels something starting to shift underneath the floor as he/she tries to get back up. It does not sound nor feel nice, and the rumbling sound starts to build into a scream.

F turns her back to proceed into the 2F's main hall, [3] but she hears something. F turns back, [4]vs[5][4] and has no time to dodge as what was B moments ago screeches and lashes at her stomach with an appendage that sprouts out of its body. F is sent crashing down the corridor [3] breaking one of her ribs and leaving second degree burns all over her torso.

The white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it is still lit. Two smaller plaques move showing the time left for (?); there are sixty minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is also lit.

There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant. It hurts.

1 [6] lashes.

2 grips (?) the metal grating. [3] The metal is almost completely destroyed. It will be free soon.

3 sleeps (?). [3] It will wake up.....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Shifting floor
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 07:04:22 pm »

Lacking "A" PM.

Edit: The good part is coming...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:37:21 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 07:08:35 pm »

Edit: The good part is coming...
That sounds mildly disconcerting and incredibly entertaining. :D

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 12:15:04 am »

That was horrifying to read. Beautiful.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 04:23:12 pm »

The -------- of the Asylum - The Second

A goes~Before A can descend the stairs, the lights flicker and die as the ground starts to shake convulsively. [3] A clings to the wall and is barely able to keep standing as the buildings shifts and squirms. Although unable to see clearly, A can feel and hear the staircase twisting and creaking violently. After a few seconds, the space itself distorts around A's body and then...Nothing. The rumbling stops, but the lighting seems dimmer, making it harder to discern anything at all. A tries touching its way towards the stairs of the second corridor from the right, [6] succeeding but passing through something damp and soft in the way. A descends the stairs.

B stops choking and has just started to get up when all the world turns black and begins to spasm. The walls screech and tear right by B's ears, causing a sharp pain that only grows as the pitch raises...Until it suddenly stops. The hall is almost in total darkness, and the floor does not feel dusty. It feels wet instead. A ghastly sound reverberates on the nearby area and B starts to run in the darkness, [1] but bumps into something and falls to the damp floor. Small pangs of pain denounce the existence of various metal shards on the ground. A large number of pieces of what was formerly a rusty, but resilient, grating. 

C [3] contorts her face in agony, trying to run away and stab D's gut at the same time. [2]vs[2] C stands still. The room is perfectly calm, but some rumbling can be heard from the outside.

D punches C, [4]vs[4] but the attack is neutralized by her. C is still unmoving in front of the shelf.

E tries to get away from the rumbling, [6] quickly managing to get up and make a dash towards the stairs as the world changes and screams. E throws up during the sprint, vomitting some sickly-looking material, but without stopping to check what it was. For what seemed ages, E ran until finally managing to jump towards the stairs, reaching them and ascending/descending. E is one step closer to freedom.

F gets up. The corridor is now pitch black and there is a low rumbling in the infested air. All the doors in this corridor are closed, and whatever attacked her is moving again. There is time, and F turns the other way and starts to run towards the main hall, [4]vs[3+4] barely dodging being hit squarely by something, but still sustaining minor bleeding from the attack. For now the adrenaline has kicked in and F is not feeling any pain, but the human body has its limits. Whatever is following her is not bound by that.

The white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it is still lit. Two smaller plaques move showing the time left for (?); there are fifty-three minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is also lit.

There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant. It hurts. It hungers.

1 [6].

2 howls [6].

3 sleeps (?). [1] It will wake up...

>I find your lack of cooperation endearing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:15:04 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16