Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: The -------- of the Asylum - Dead or Alive  (Read 26486 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The -------- of the Asylum - Dead or Alive
« on: March 17, 2012, 10:28:29 pm »

Due to me angsting over wanting to write something and with Arcane Steel lacking a player post, I decided I might as well start a new RTD to run while I also run Arcane Steel. Yes, I have lot of free time. Why, no, this is not medieval, high-fantasy. Or so I think. Yes, this style of recruiting is a blatant copy of Gatleos. This RTD is not supposed to last for years. It may last for days. Or weeks. Or months.

Requisites: I'll be updating this at least once every day unless I die. If all of you send me the actions earlier, you get it earlier. Do not send those to me within two days of my last post and you are out.

Note: If something that will make you stay out of the internet for some time happens (or is bound to happen) warn me and I'll hold the RTD for some time.

The first six to PM me an action get the spots. They shall be answered with a message stating their letter. The letter between A and F will be chosen by dice roll. After these six, I may need some more, so do not get too worried about being left out. Part of the remaining shall be employed for other things.

The -------- of the Asylum

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You wake up. You do not know why you were sleeping. Why? Hmm? Who are you anyway? You can hardly remember, but there is something wrong here. Yes, sure there is. You are wearing that dresslike thing people put on when they are hospitalized. Are you in a hospital? Maybe, you sure are lying on something that looks like an hospital bed. You scan the area. You discover through transparent curtains that there are five more such as you. Each of the beds you lie on has a letter. From A to F. A, B, C, D, E, F. You can not recognize them, but then again, you can not even recognize yourself. You just can't remember, simple as that. The walls are supposed to be white, but they seem yellow. Yellow, and partly covered with grime. There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant. What. What. You suddenly feel an urgent desire to -do- something.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:55:15 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Signup Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 10:34:37 pm »

So far 6 PMS. I am going to sleep. Resuming tomorrow, hopefully, with the last spots already filled. Reorganizating. Still accepting volunteers, even as I start. Starting.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:14:38 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Signup Thread - There are vacant spots.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 10:57:38 pm »

And now to speculate on what the -------- stands for.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Signup Thread - There are vacant spots.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 11:18:44 am »

Requisites: I'll be updating this at least once every day unless I die. If all of you send me the actions earlier, you get it earlier. Do not send those to me within two days of my last post and you are out.

Note: If something that will make you stay out of the internet for some time happens (or is bound to happen) warn me and I'll hold the RTD for some time.

The first six to PM me an action get the spots. They shall be answered with a message stating their letter. The letter between A and F will be chosen by dice roll. After these six, I may need some more, so do not get too worried about being left out. Part of the remaining shall be employed for other things.

The -------- of the Asylum - Awakening

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A suddenly stands up and tries to get out of there. [5] They actually find what seems the outlines of a door on the far east corner of the room. It is masterfully disguised as part of the wall, and is also covered in formerly white paint, dust and grime. There is also a display on top of the hidden path. It shows nothing as of now. Near a small pile of ragged, unusable clothing right in front of the door, there is an unloaded 9mm pistol. There is dry blood and some scorch marks under it.

B gets out of bed and examines the surroundings. [3] They see people just like him/her starting to stand up and look around. Upon closer examination of the environment, the place seems like an asylum, with old, moldy fingerpaintings strewn in one corner. There is a small counter on the far west corner of the room. It has a silver tray with strong drugs and some chloroform piled over it.

C tries to find a door. [1] They feel a sudden dizziness and fall face-first, bruising their face slightly and leaving it dirty. They take some time to get back up.

D looks at their surroundings. [3] They see people walking around. The room they are in seems like the mental ward of some institution, but it looks as if it was abandoned years ago. There is almost no furnishing around and the dim light emanates from a series of yellow light bulbs. D steps on something and looks down. They find a switchblade on the ground. The blade is badly twisted and broken.

E punches him/herself in the face, trying to remember something about the hospital. [5] The punch is not very strong, but it seems as if this individual used it as a way of remembering things, for that it works. The image of a large building springs to their mind. E remembers lying down on a bed and having something plugged on his head. A cold gel is applied on their head. There are others undergoing the same process. The piece of information slowly blurs and drifts away, until it is finally over. E may know part of the way out of this place.

F examines him/herself thoroughly. [5] They are exceptionally fine, there are no recent wounds and any old wound is not aching. There is something strapped to F's ankles. There are two 9mm magazines and a small map. It is very old and torn and shows only the first floor and none of the exits, but the way to the basement is marked. "AVOID" is written over the stairs symbol.

Suddenly the hidden door opens and the display rolls around, showing a white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it. Two smaller plaques start to move showing the time left for (?); there are eighty-nine minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is also lit.

There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant.

1 flies (?) around and scurries (?) over the damp soil. [5] It finds a way out.

2 scratches (?) the metal grating. [2] The old and rusty metal is scratched and dented, but the grating stands firm.

3 sleeps (?). [3] It will wake up.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:58:50 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Awakening
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 12:06:02 pm »

Do we PM you agian or do we post here?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 12:15:43 pm »

PM until I say it is ok to post. Sorry if I was not clear about it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:17:59 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 12:26:41 pm »

oh god this is terrifying

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 01:01:56 pm »

oh god this is terrifying
:(

Those poor souls. We [Spectators] cannot know their identity yet right?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 01:33:09 pm »

No one can. At least not for now. Actually no one should be able to differentiate between one and another.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:21:36 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 08:34:45 pm »

Oh god, what do you guys know that we don't. Also, updoot?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »

Update.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:59:51 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »

Requisites (corrected): I am still accepting volunteers AND WAITLISTERS!!!! I'll be updating this at least once every day unless I die. If all of you send me the actions earlier, you get it earlier. Do not send those to me within two days of my last post and you are out.

This seemed like a good time to tell you that our fellow letters are prone to losing their minds before even having a chance of dying. Have fun.

The -------- of the Asylum - Bright Light

A grabs the pistol and walks towards the bright light emanating from the spacious hall straight ahead of them. It looks as derelict as the room they were in, if not more, with spider webs here and there, even more dust on the floor and old, disfigured paintings making the unkempt walls even less pleasing to look at. Six large corridors, three left and three right, branch from the main hall, all of them ending in sets of stairs and almost identical, except for those which had metallic doors, which still shone dully. [2] A does not see anything worth taking note of, but they do hear a faint, distant sound of metal being shredded.

B approaches the fingerpaintings. [1] Those seem the usual kind of art, and as B gets closer, they realize those are norm~ actually, most of them look to have been painted not only with common paint. A fairly large amount of these look like a mix of usual colors and human fluids, and happy faces, yellow suns and verdant green grass are depicted along very graphical sketches of mutilated bodies, murder, rape, suicide...And something else...something that should NOT be there...B looks away and retches, trying not to vomit as a shiver runs down their spine, cold muscles spasming involuntarily. [4] They are able to control it for the moment, [5] and maybe because of a morbid curiosity or gut feeling, B manages to put the various painted canvas under their arm (not before covering them with a dirty cloth) and walk out of the room and into the corridor.

C tries to run. [1] The sudden dizziness strikes yet again and they fall to the ground, a striking nausea gripping their body, almost causing them to convulse amidst the cold sweat and trembling. [3] C shakes off some of the feeling and starts to shamble towards the door while checking their body. There is a small matchbox, containing twenty-three matchsticks, taped (with a four inches long, two inches wide piece of simple grey duct tape) to their side.

D takes the damaged switchblade and grips it. [1] Unfortunately, the switchblade seems to be in worse shape than expected. They doubt it can punch through a piece of wood without leaving the blade behind, but a bad weapon must be better than no weapon. [4] Aside from that, the switchblade seems normal and D walks through the door and into the light.

E examines their head. [6] As they touch it, It is obivious there is almost no hair, but there are very small bumps, as if needles were inserted into the sensitive skin. There is no sign of any gel, but E finds a piece of cloth glued to their head, in which it reads "MOVE" . Aside from that, they feel a light headache starting to attack their brain.

F greets the others, but they are too busy taking care their own problems and thoughts. [3] Upon thoroughly examination of the room, F confirms that the only way out of the room seems to be the door that just opened; above, the red "GO" is still bright and the time passage is being marked by the two smaller plaques. They try to remember any of the recent events. [4] The only thing that springs to their mind is a place which looks more like a hospital than this one, and someone in a black suit, talking about matters F is simply unable to recall. Upon closer examination of the map, it is drawn more in the likelihood of a blueprint than a map; there are also two large letters emblazoned on the top right corner of the blueprint (A-), but only the capital A is barely visible, while the other is almost totally erased. The floor depicted seems to be the first one, and judging from their position... There are around six corridors along the sides of the main hall (the "GO" hall), and all of the branching corridors lead to stairs... [6] F tries to listen to the background music. It seems to be some sort of eerie classical music, but they can not discern the musical instruments used...it seems...otherwordly. They take note there are no speakers nearby and as they try to focus a little more on it, a light headache strikes, disrupting their efforts.

The white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it is still lit. Two smaller plaques move showing the time left for (?); there are eighty-one minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is also lit.

There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant...

1 drags its body (?) around the ceiling. [1] It stops and seems paralyzed for some time.

2 slices (?) at the metal grating. [2] The thick metal grating suffers from yet another kind of attack, but it still holds.

3 sleeps (?). [6] It will wake up.....
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Bright Light
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 01:59:55 pm »

Requisites (corrected): I am still accepting volunteers AND WAITLISTERS!!!! I'll be updating this at least once every day unless I die. If all of you send me the actions earlier, you get it earlier. Do not send those to me within two days of my last post and you are out.

The -------- of the Asylum - Decay and Madness

A tries the second corridor from the right while clutching the unloaded pistol, [6] and is gifted with the vision of an empty corridor, or at least that is what it seems as they walk carefully along its length. The halls had none of the ominous metallic doors present in some of the others, and A also takes note it is very wide, making one wonder why would someone spend so much space to build such large passages...The lights flicker for one second and A catches a glimpse of someone. Or something. [3] It might have only been his/her imagination...But it stills leaves A slightly shaken.

B is gripped by a sudden sense of urgency and proceeds down the middle left hall as quickly as possible while carrying the canvas. [2] Not only the burden makes their movement slower, the various oil paintings decorating the walls only make B remember the nightmarish vision of the "thing" seen among the crudely drawn scenes, and this hall is littered with various decaying (?) oil depictions of common scenery.

C tries to shake off the ghastly feeling that seems to have spread over their mind, [1] to no avail. C screams like a madman and claws at his/her face, tearing the flesh with frenzied attacks from fingernails and laughing maniacally as the blood starts to flow from the wounds. Something tell s  h im w f o th pi  sp. [1] A wide, joyful blood-covered smile appears on C's lips.

D opens the closest door to his/her left, the one of the first left hall, clutching the switchblade tightly. The room is one of many with a heavy and dusty steel door that pepper the closest and farthest corridors, and [4] surprisingly, it is unlocked, granting easy acess to the dark interior. The stagnant air tastes like mold and putrid tissue, and before peeking in D checks his head, [1] finding hundreds of tiny moist holes where various larvae are nested, squirming occasionally.

E moves, [2] but tries to stand up too fast, gets tangled in a sheet and falls from the bed, bruising the left arm. E stands up and [2] discovers the headache is much stronger than before. Black visages start to fade in and out of his/her field of view, [3] and E is slightly disturbed by them.

F grabs the 9mm ammunition and leaves the room. He/she points at one of the set of stairs and says something. [5][4][5][6][5](!!!)...And it seems that everyone is able to see and hear when F points at the first stairway right, the only one with a sign, although very old and impossible to read, and makes some hoarse vocalization. Afterwards, F heads through the middle right corridor and towards the stairwell, [5] taking note it has stairs leading upwards and downwards. The slight headache seems to have subsided.

The white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it is still lit. Two smaller plaques move showing the time left for (?); there are seventy-seven minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is also lit.

There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant. I t

1 slithers (?) around the wall. [4] It slides by metallic doors and sees someone passing by in the distance.

2 tackles (?) the metal grating. [6] The grating cracks and moans under the assault, but it does not recede.

3 sleeps (?). [5] It will wake up.....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

...I told you. It actually happened faster than I thought, but C, DO keep sending me the actions. Also, it is worth mentioning that by now, some of you must have realized not all of you have the same amount of information in your hands. Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:57:02 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Decay and Madness
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 02:40:44 pm »

I am struggling a bit with keeping the characters genderless, so end my torture by suceeding.
Also, the RNG dominated this round.
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The -------- of the Asylum - Decay and Madness
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 03:35:02 pm »

Requisites (corrected): I am still accepting WAITLISTERS! I'll be updating this at least once every day unless I die. If all of you send me the actions earlier, you get it earlier. Do not send those to me within two days of my last post and you are out.

The -------- of the Asylum - Strange body

A continued slowly down the corridor, taking his/her time to explore while walking. [3] A is still slightly shaken by the vision, and the background music is not helping, changing from soft to chaotic from time to time, but he/she had no further troubles, and [6] finding one of the doors unlocked, A opens it only to be greeted by a number of long and narrow steel tubes which fall loudly as soon as the door is open, hitting his/her feet and bruising them slightly, but providing a source of better weapons than a pistol without any bullets.

B tries to follow F's steps by turning around and going towards the middle right hall, [5] achieving success in walking through the corridors without hassle and ascending the stairs.

C stumbles through thmoves silently and slowly sneaks behind someone [5]. They move masterfully and avoid any detection, standing right behind one of the fellow imprisoned, Their slow, paced breath unable to betray their intentions as They smile joyfully. [1] C's psychotic bout (?) seems to be longer than expected.

D enters the room. [3] It looks like it was some sort of containment room, with a large metal bed which thick leather straps seem absent. There is something eerie about the place, [3] but D only feels a cold shiver attacking his/her spine.

E tries to leave the room once again [2], but stops dead on his/her tracks. Something is moving along the wall of the first right hall. [3] E almost falls flat on the ground in shock, but is able to look away and controls his/her shaking body. The path way out of this hell has slipped out of E's mind for the time being, but it would be advisable to try and remember it.

F goes upstairs, [3] examining the staircase and concluding it is safe. Without taking too long, F reaches the second floor, and stops to examine it and listen for any sounds. 2F seems to be brighter than the floor below, and slightly less dirty. Aside from that, the layout may be the same, as a larger corridor is seen right ahead~Someone is coming! [4] F perks her ears and is able to discern human steps aside from the everpresent music. Before long, B, still carrying the large fingerpaintings, has joined F in the upper floor, but there seems to be something else that had been following some meters behind B...

The white plaque with a bright red "GO" written over it is still lit. Two smaller plaques move showing the time left for (?); there are seventy-two minutes and some seconds left until then. The corridor beyond is also lit.

There is some soft song playing in the background. It sounds pleasant. It hurts.

1 [5] moves (?) towards the person it has seen. It sees someone else pass by and it follows said person sluggishly.

2 scorches (?) the metal grating. [6] The sturdy metal will hold for some more time, but it is visibly strained.

3 sleeps (?). [3] It will wake up.....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

C, you are very unlucky. Your body will remain in the clutches of something else unless you roll a proper number.
On a side note, discovering what the -------- in the name of the thread means may net you an advantage, as said word is vital to the storyline. Properly dealing with said information is certainly beneficial.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:26:21 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16