Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not getting any werecreatures in my current fort.  (Read 603 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Not getting any werecreatures in my current fort.
« on: March 17, 2012, 05:06:01 pm »

What is up with weres ? I have 53 dwarves, 600000 created wealth, fortress is 3 years old, and I didn't got attacked by any werecreatures at all. Pretty sure i'm not too far from lairs as well. Will go check the map though.

Only attacks I've got are one necromancer siege, one necromancer ambush, a minotaur, two forgotten beasts, a dragon and a few gobbo thieves (not even an ambush).

At which point do werebeast attacks start, apart from the full moon ? Is it that I'm too far and will never get any werebeast attacks ?

Or will they come later, like goblins ?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Not getting any werecreatures in my current fort.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 05:07:43 pm »

Invaders are pretty random, so probably sometime, but I won't give any ETA.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:18:39 pm »

I took me 4 years and 210 dwarves to get my first one. In the fortress before this one I was attacked by one within the first 3 weeks ( I managed to hide my dorfs in the dining room and wait it out though)

Kinezin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.byond.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 06:35:14 pm »

Got mine on year one with about 14 or so Dwarves, killed one of my Herbalists and then just ran away soon afterwards. Was more prepared for the next one though. Funny, how it was a weresquirrel though.

Billfred

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 07:42:57 pm »

In my last fort I got one at 72 dwarves and around 2 years.

It was rather anti-climactic however, with the werebeast attacking about 8 individual civilian dwarves, failing to even scratch any of them before being struck by a bolt and then turning into an olmswomen and running off the map.

Do they ever cause any serious damage? I've never had one stay on the map for more than a couple of minutes