Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weird immigrant.  (Read 6833 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Weird immigrant.
« on: March 17, 2012, 08:20:31 am »

In the first immigration wave there is a highly skilled leatherworker. However, he's just standing there, at the edge of the map. He doesn't have the face like my fort dwarves but looks instead like the caravan guards (no tileset). In the units menu he lists as "other" but friendly. In therapist he is listed as a migrant and there are three more names on the list that are probably waiting for him to move.

What is this? can it be fixed?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: Weird immigrant.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 08:22:50 am »

Is your fort open? Check for closed entrance or blocked places

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 08:25:55 am »

I hadn't gotten around to putting a door in and even then, that shouldn't stop them from looking like regular immigrants.

He's been joined by a dwarven child and a fishery worker, both looking like the @ of a visitor instead of a fort member.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 08:27:38 am »

...... What tile set if your using one? Also check around them I case they spawned at a place that won't reach your fort

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 08:29:56 am »

Please read the OP, I state specifically that I am not using a tileset but the vanilla version.

three migrants arrived normally and are working, so it is NOT a pathing issue. edit: a fourth arrived and works normally now too.

Looking at their skills, which are pretty high (11), it is likely that they are historical figures, a married couple with a child, but why this happens, I don't know.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:32:48 am by Garath »

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 08:33:01 am »

Please read the OP, I state specifically that I am not using a tileset but the vanilla version.

three migrants arrived normally and are working, so it is NOT a pathing issue.
Ea sorry, text distorts on the phone sometime.

I don't know what he's doing, so il let someone else help since I'm stumped :o

Rip goat, more loli

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 09:17:17 am »

Forgot to mention some changes I made for adventure mode:

Dwarfs are not against butchering sentients and making trophies from their bones. Figured I could get myself a goblin bone decoration from the shops, then forgot to look for it. I also changed dwarfs to build cities so I could actually visit other dwarfs in adventure mode.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 09:42:59 am »

Just to be sure, check his status. Does he have a syndrome? Does he have limbs? :o

Rip goat, more loli

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 09:49:50 am »

perfectly healthy and normal dwarfs. except that they don't join in with the fortress. I don't want them slaughtered by the first ambush.

I'm going to wait for the next wave, see what happens and if it happens again, I probably messed up somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 09:52:48 am by Garath »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 10:02:30 am »

It's not your modding, I'm fairly certain about that. Probably some bug with historical migrants.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 10:04:11 am »

Interesting enough, I have another possibly historical migrant who integrated normally, it seems.

edit:
The next wave again brought some highly skilled workers and they were all normal. I'm going to an old save and see if it repeats. Same world, same starting civ, new location.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:21:17 am by Garath »

picassopolo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 10:38:20 am »

hmm, it happened to me last day but after some times, he decided to finally move to my fort. Maybe you just need to be patient.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 11:25:49 am »

can you give me an idea how patient? a season, a year?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 11:44:06 am »

Caravan entities shows up in Therapist, btw.  As do undead.  Fortress play, right now is annoying as all get out.  They show up as the last wave, if ya sort by waves.  My guess is he's a visiting friendly entity, on an adventure, himself.  He just happened to bump into your region.  And I doubt you know for sure, he's blocking other migrants, as they seem to only get reported now in therapist, once they appear.  I had to refresh Therapist just this morning, because I updated it before they all finished trickling in.  This is different than the past release, where we got them all reported, in one big packet of info.  Now we get head counts as they roll in.  *shrug* 

Your migrants showing up with skills on or skills off? 

I'm getting some quarky behavior, too.  I've done about a dozen embarks with skills off on vanilla, well with the exception of removing all those oddball english accents.  No skills is a feature I really like.  And am very happy Toady included.  I've found some oddities, in fortress playability with it.  I will get to reporting them soon, after winter sports end.  And spring fever goes away, ha.

You say your positive its the first wave?  Could it be the second and him just be there as last caravan residual?  If he's high in an attribute it sounds like a visitor from another civ, who.  How high did you say he was?  I seldom see skills over lv1 in my first wave.  Does he have high military and socials, too?  Good luck, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 12:03:16 pm »

Very sure it was the first wave, since that is the default view in therapist. And yes I knew for sure he was blocking, since a woman and child arrived slowly behind him, then when they finally moved out of the way the last migrant showed up. I have them arrive with skills on. It could be a visitor, but now I got a similar one. Not as skilled as the ones in the other save, 2 brewing. Again he's staying in the same spot, again he is blocking the spawn point, noone is walking past, 4 people arrived and I see there should be 8.

There is a highly skilled migrant too, and two children, so it may be a problem with married couples with children. But it is strange still. On that note, the children show up on therapist but have not arrived. It was again the first migration wave.

I guess I should wait for the third wave, since that one is usually bigger. If there are families in there that could confirm if it's a problem with families migrating. As I was writing this, the rest of the family arrived.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:06:37 pm by Garath »
Pages: [1] 2