Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [34.04] Listing vermin pets?  (Read 537 times)

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
[34.04] Listing vermin pets?
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:23:12 pm »

So, I have a miner who's fascinated with slugs.  My Animal Trainer traps & trains 'em (as small animals...   aka vermin) and my miner will literally go miles out of his way to adopt 'em.

Problem?  One slug has gone wandering off into the great unknown and now the Miner's spamming me with "cancels recover pet: animal inaccessible."

Fair enough, but I can't find it to see why the problem.  The Pets/Livestock list ('U'nits screen) doesn't seem to list vermin.  Not even pet ones.  It's listed under the Animals on the Status Screen (via 'Z') but we can't zoom to the animal from there.   :(

Anybody suggestions how to find the slippery li'l bugger?

Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: [34.04] Listing vermin pets?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 10:39:02 pm »

Vermin aren't the only things difficult to find in this release.  I feel your pain.  Don't have any suggestions.  Maybe pen the kittys.  They do a job on vermin.  How's your food supply?  I now they eat them when it gets low.  Hope that's not the case for that vermin.

Ponds list them.  Have you tried putting it in a pond?  Good luck!  Knutor 
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:12:38 pm »

If your Miner isn't going to do anything else, magma everything. Failing that, kill the Dwarf and reclaim the pick. Failing that, (o) (a) (x) (ignore announcements : all). Probably a bad case of levitating vermin.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 12:49:01 am »

Well, there are various vermin/pet fixes coming up in v0.34.06 (see here), so that release may fix your problem.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.