Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven justice and thoughts  (Read 1583 times)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Dwarven justice and thoughts
« on: March 16, 2012, 01:00:21 pm »

So, I accidentally accused a murder victim of his own death.  All my dorfs now have the thought
"was outraged at the bizarre conviction against all reason of the victim of a crime recently".

Which is pretty cool.  (though it would be nice if the actual murderer, who has the kill listed in his profile, didn't have the thought as well.  Some sort of 'was pleased he escaped justice' or something would be nice)

Does anyone know about other thoughts created through dwarven justice?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:22:40 pm by Qmarx »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven justice and thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 01:05:45 pm »

Ha, that's great!  Yeah, we need to update the stringdump for DF2012.  There's a lot of fantastic thoughts that you rarely see.  One of them is "was accosted by an irritating acquaintance recently" and the companion, "Was accosted by the ghost of an acquaintance who is still irritating."

It's like walking into your apartment and there's a ghost sitting on the couch, crumbs all over the floor and the greeting "you're out of soda."  *sigh*

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:10:15 pm »

You are forgetting the giant pile of food and soda in the middle of the couch, where the ghost's attempt at eating and drinking went spectacularly wrong.

(Food goes in.... falls right through, lands on couch. Rinse and repeat until all junkfood in house is soggy and piled up on the couch.)

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 03:50:31 pm »

You are forgetting the giant pile of food and soda in the middle of the couch, where the ghost's attempt at eating and drinking went spectacularly wrong.

(Food goes in.... falls right through, lands on couch. Rinse and repeat until all junkfood in house is soggy and piled up on the couch.)

Who ya gonna call?

I totally agree that perps that escaped justice should get a happy thought from it. Kinda would rub it in your face a bit.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 04:38:38 pm »

Ha, that's great!  Yeah, we need to update the stringdump for DF2012.

Read that and thought "Hey! that's something i could do."  Nope, beaten by Footkerchief who did it on the 5th.  This community isn't lazy enough!
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 05:02:22 pm »

I once, just for the lols, accused an animal of the crime, all the dwarves got a thought in the lines of: "is outraged at the ridiculous accusation of an animal for a crime"  :D

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 05:10:52 pm »

This outrage kinda mirrors the community's reactions to vamps accusing children and animals for crimes, before the bugfix to prevent this.

I really like seeing that the dwarves are 'watching' us, and trying to file 'bug reports' on our weird behavior, at least in their own thoughts!   :o
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 05:39:13 pm »

This outrage kinda mirrors the community's reactions to vamps accusing children and animals for crimes, before the bugfix to prevent this.

I really like seeing that the dwarves are 'watching' us, and trying to file 'bug reports' on our weird behavior, at least in their own thoughts!   :o

There's a thread in the making.

Bug report: Overseer still has not read the Left-Sided Mason's Manifesto, resulting in many accidental sealings of dwarves within walls.
Bug report: Overseer repeatedly chooses the least inhabitable places to establish settlements.
Bug report: Overseer has no regard for the dignity of the upper classes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:40:48 pm by Frogwarrior »
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 07:06:58 pm »

Bug Report: Overseer has no respect for the lives of kittens.
Bug Report: Overseer makes us steal merchants undergarments while they're wearing them.
Bug Report: Overseer bypasses ethics by leaving enemies to rot into bones in order to make bolts and other crafts out of them.

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 07:29:32 pm »

Overseer has created needless extra labors specifically to prevent socialization.
Overseer has needlessly sacrificed dwarves in a pointless melee charge against things a trap could have killed.
Overseer has ordered the construction of a doomsday lever simply because he was bored.
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

KainInt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 07:45:13 pm »

Overseer appoints 70% of all dwarves to engraving.
Overseer ordered channeling straight down, resulting in death of all miners.
Overseer constantly sacrifices children.