Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help Save Lovepillar (question about new seeds)  (Read 445 times)

Autonomy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Help Save Lovepillar (question about new seeds)
« on: March 16, 2012, 11:04:58 am »

I have in my possession a most sexy embark, with almost everything a dwarf needs; a towering volcano, metals, sheer cliffs and a partially evil biome. The "partially evil" being the only drawback to the otherwise perfect conditions. I'm trying to regen the world and have hit a snag - my world seed is an old, numbers-only style affair as I'd copied it across from the previous version, and seemingly because of this I don't get the same world twice. Does anyone know what DF2012 does with these old seeds or if there is a way of retrieving the actual seed used (exporting parameters only gives me what was input)?

Here's the parameters I used, currently gives me an entirely different world each time:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Will post some screens shortly.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Help Save Lovepillar (question about new seeds)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:07:29 am »

The "partially evil" being the only drawback to the otherwise perfect conditions.
What strange rules you make...

Anyways, that's part of version changes.  Things get outdated.  Terrible loss of a great site, but a boon of new and exciting embarks await!  Go exploring, delve the infinite worlds, strike the earth!

Autonomy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:12:11 am »

Ah, sorry, hadn't made myself clear - Lovepillar was genned in DF2012, not previous versions, so it's not lost, just not as painfully hard as it could be ;)

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:00 am »

Have you used different versions of DF2012? In the Worldgen cookbook thread, there are quite a few worlds from 34.01-4 that don't work the same in 34.05.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 11:36:26 am »

Does anyone know what DF2012 does with these old seeds or if there is a way of retrieving the actual seed used (exporting parameters only gives me what was input)?

Duplicate your world, go to legends mode, and ex(p)ort img/info.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.