Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 675187 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #3060 on: October 28, 2015, 07:34:08 am »

...PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: October 28, 2015, 07:54:54 am »

I'm starting a school that isn't a school, where I will teach people in a language I dont speak, also I'll b hiring my friends from another country which doesn't know the language either.
Primary challenges are: nobody wants to give money for this.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: October 28, 2015, 08:12:37 am »

I'm starting a school that isn't a school, where I will teach people in a language I dont speak, also I'll b hiring my friends from another country which doesn't know the language either.
Primary challenges are: nobody wants to give money for this.

Kinda sounds like Unbabel :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3063 on: October 28, 2015, 08:17:42 am »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: October 28, 2015, 08:49:47 am »

Stoned sweeaboo makes a Kickstarter.
Wait so what is this actually? Overseas tutoring? School?
A school but not a school. Weren't you reading?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: October 28, 2015, 10:06:09 am »

It should be noted that the number he's asking for is just short of $5900 too.
Love, scriver~

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: October 28, 2015, 10:19:44 am »

Primary challenge: I don't speak Swedish.

You're English isn't so good either.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: October 28, 2015, 10:21:51 am »

thincake

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: October 28, 2015, 10:38:55 am »

So he lives in Sweden but doesn't speak Swedish. Or English.
What.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: October 28, 2015, 10:40:42 am »

Oh lord:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1993336622/am-i-psychic-mobile-app/
Kill me.

I'm afraid my psychokinetic gifts aren't up to that.

experimented using PRNG's for decades and the results show that humans are able to mentally influence the PRNG to become far less random and humans are able to correctly predict the exact moment the PRNG becomes more random or less random. (Pretty geeky and cool right?)

Biggest fucking load of shit I ever read. PRNGs are completely deterministic since they always produce the same set of numbers from the same seed. What scientists have likely found is that humans dupe themselves into believing they can influence the PRNG due to confirmation bias. PRNGs aren't actually random at all, so they can't be influenced to be "more random or less random". The only way to affect the outcome of a PRNG would be to literally mentally flip the bits inside your computer memory. And then you wouldn't even need to use a PRNG, people could literally flip the bits in their graphics card's memory to prove that they can psychically influence computers.

All this app is doing is generatings a series of numbers from 1-6 (simulated NON RANDOM dice rolls), then you get to guess the number. Now, you'll be right 1 in 6 times on average. What does that mean? It means 50% of people will get it right less than average, and 50% of people will get it right more than the average. So you can just say "wow, you got it right more than 1 in 6 times! You're psychic! ... to literally 50% of test takers. A basic confidence scam.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:53:42 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: October 28, 2015, 10:47:53 am »

So he lives in Sweden but doesn't speak Swedish. Or English.
What.

Refugees.
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: October 28, 2015, 10:49:11 am »

Sweden really loves the non swedish lately, specially if they can't actualy speak swedish.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: October 28, 2015, 11:04:54 am »

Oh lord:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1993336622/am-i-psychic-mobile-app/
Kill me.

I'm afraid my psychokinetic gifts aren't up to that.

experimented using PRNG's for decades and the results show that humans are able to mentally influence the PRNG to become far less random and humans are able to correctly predict the exact moment the PRNG becomes more random or less random. (Pretty geeky and cool right?)

Biggest fucking load of shit I ever read. PRNGs are completely deterministic since they always produce the same set of numbers from the same seed. What scientists have likely found is that humans dupe themselves into believing they can influence the PRNG due to confirmation bias. PRNGs aren't actually random at all, so they can't be influenced to be "more random or less random". The only way to affect the outcome of a PRNG would be to literally mentally flip the bits inside your computer memory. And then you wouldn't even need to use a PRNG, people could literally flip the bits in their graphics card's memory to prove that they can psychically influence computers.

All this app is doing is generatings a series of numbers from 1-6 (simulated NON RANDOM dice rolls), then you get to guess the number. Now, you'll be right 1 in 6 times on average. What does that mean? It means 50% of people will get it right less than average, and 50% of people will get it right more than the average. So you can just say "wow, you got it right more than 1 in 6 times! You're psychic! ... to literally 50% of test takers. A basic confidence scam.
this is kind of how slot machines work, your subconscious thinks it can work out a pattern and tells you to keep trying for more information, almost every spin displays an almost jackpot which creates confirmation bias that helps the brainwashing, you think you have some control, even if consciously you "know" that it's all chance. It's not chance anyway, the whole thing is set up in a pattern designed to create small wins frequently enough to help provide rewards for continued play.
Dopamine is involved. Hell that's how most mobile or pay to win games make their profit.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: October 28, 2015, 01:04:14 pm »

Stoned sweeaboo makes a Kickstarter.
"Sweeaboo" is a hilarious term that I can use alongside "teeaboo" and "Koreaboo" now. Thanks.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: January 20, 2016, 09:13:43 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 213