Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 672807 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #2670 on: July 28, 2014, 04:16:10 pm »

Apparently not. The one linked is *shudders* orange.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: July 28, 2014, 04:16:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This one of course!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: July 28, 2014, 04:28:14 pm »

Oh my god...

HD Might and Magic: Land of Xeen would be sooooo fucking boss.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: July 28, 2014, 05:38:42 pm »

Oh my god...

HD Might and Magic: Land of Xeen would be sooooo fucking boss.
I'd kickstart that. God so many good moments.
._.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: July 28, 2014, 06:24:31 pm »

New kickstarter
"Will you help me buy an X-bawks!"
I kinda need one bad.
My mom won't buy me one,
she is kinda dumb,
She don't like my feathered wings!

She has webbed ones,
just like my dad.
Both dragons,
 silvia and gregory nightail.

Please kickstarter, buy me an x-bocks!
......Quantum turbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: July 29, 2014, 03:46:30 pm »

Might be a big implosion going on right now.

Alt-Fest got funded last year. Only  £61,762 (£30,000 goal) of what appears to have been seed cash to develop a multi-genre, alternative based (primarily goth) festival. They managed to put together an incredibly impressive lineup, a rather interesting philosophy and ethos behind the event and fairly reasonable prices for this sort of thing.

And today there are rumours of it all being cancelled, 16 days out for it opening.

A bunch of odd emails and stories popped up a few hours ago, now two of the big headliners (Marilyn Manson and Cradle of Filth) have events showing as cancelled. There are broken websites and rumours of emails being sent by guys who were fired, some bands being contacted directly, others indirectly through management, others not at all. Rumours of one stage being pulled, rumours of health and safety issues with the site. Rumours of a £400,000 shortfall of cash. No official statement at all from the festival organisers.

I wasn't in on the kickstarter but got a cheap earlybird ticket through a friend. Was going to be the only big festival I did this year. Probably end up just being a Damnation year again...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: July 29, 2014, 06:15:50 pm »

Quote from: cybermatrix
the console does not use CGI Effects. it uses CYBER AUTHENTICATED TABLE [CAT] tools that you can use to make cat based movies and games. you can publish it to microsoft consoles, nintendo consoles, and sony consoles as well as google consoles [ouya], or to cybermatrix.com [site not built]. you can burn it to cd-r, dvd r, dvd r dl or blu-ray discs.

It was believable until he got to the part about Nintendo allowing third-party independent publishers.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: August 04, 2014, 01:08:47 am »

Imagine if everyone followed the dude who pledged 10k as a joke, and it really happened, the amount was met.

Bankruptcy.

Imagine if he just decides, being a millionaire already, to donate the difference to himself on the last day. Jesus wept.

So, I just started reading a bit of the description in the middle.
So a dragon is going to fly a bit faster than a winged horse will. A race car mount will move faster than a horse mount.
:|
Very vaugly related but am I the only one that thinks flying mounts in wow should have been made slower then ground mounts
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:24:55 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: August 04, 2014, 01:21:50 am »

I am depressed this got funded.
 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1987386669/valor-a-fairy-tale-anthology-about-courageous-hero?ref=home_popular

It exists solely to be some sort of girl power story thinking you need to have certain types of characters in storys just because there's not many of those types is arse backwards thinking.

Although im still holding onto hope that it will be like modern family the producers get funding by saying there making something solely to be inclusive but they are just useing that as a trick to get funding.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: August 04, 2014, 01:28:03 am »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1987386669/valor-a-fairy-tale-anthology-about-courageous-hero?ref=home_popular

It exists solely to be some sort of girl power story thinking you need to have certain types of characters in storys just because there's not many of those types is arse backwards thinking.

Although im still holding onto hope that it will be like modern family the producers get funding by saying there making something solely to be inclusive but they are just useing that as a trick to get funding.

I, too, hate children's happiness.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: August 04, 2014, 01:33:27 am »

I, too, hate children's happiness.

I love it it tastes like rice

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:59 am »

All jokes aside Badass Mom who's also a knight reeks of tumblr and stupidity

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: August 04, 2014, 02:57:06 am »

All jokes aside Badass Mom who's also a knight reeks of tumblr and stupidity
I thought you were overreacting until I saw that "a badass mom, who’s also a knight" was actually a quote from the page. That said, I'm going to be optimistic (or pessimistic, depending on your own view) and say that that kind of thing is a result of knowing your audience and wanting to get funded.

The art looks decent but hopefully that Snow White bookmark is not indicative of the final product. Why is Snow holding that Lv1 Night Elf Dagger? Was she robbing the old crone at knifepoint in this version? It also seems weird to say your paying homage to the strength, resourcefulness, and cunning of female fairy tale protagonists and then use Red Riding Hood and The Little Mermaid in your examples. The former gets eaten alive and rescued by a Deus Ex Machina, while the latter constantly makes bad decisions and ultimately kills herself.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: August 04, 2014, 03:06:21 am »

Horray for people willing to change there thought on something when important evidence is pointed out to them and yes I do hope they just said that for funding

Edit: and yes those are probably the 2 worst examples they could of used

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: August 04, 2014, 03:16:19 am »

Specifically it is just rewriting the old fairy tales so instead of the hero being helpless they are all butt kicking warriors and wizards who defeat or convert the villain.

My personal reason to it is more... "Ehhhhhhhh"

I mean would Beauty and The Beast (Disney version) be improved if in the last act she busted out of that basement herself, rode her horse clad in armor, and beat up Gaston herself... then used a potion she made to cure the beast?

Why not... write your own fairy tales inspired by the elements of the book? Though I guess the answer to that is it isn't marketable.

Usually whenever I see one of these things rewritten to turn the female lead into a badass it tends to be terrible... Right now I am trying to think of an exception...

But I at least sympathies with parents... How much wealth of children's books are there where the female character is the hero determined by her own physical strength and combat skill and not just strength of character, intelligence, and wits (Since there are A FREEKEN metric ton of those...)... You know excluding all those that exists.

Actually on that subject I HAVE seen a book that is like a rewritten fairy tale where they turn a character awesome. It is Thumbelena except she has a sister, specifically her sister was from a weed that her mother was told not to allow to grow, but she did anyway. So she is pretty much bratty, somewhat of a trouble maker, somewhat tomboyish and raggy. Yet when push comes to shove she is the one who solves everything (mostly because thumbelena can't really do much herself) and is a good person at heart. What I actually really love about this story is that by all means our hero is pretty much the "unwanted child" whose mother decided to love anyway, and is rewarded for it. She is set up to be the disaster in the waiting that will ruin everything, but in the end she is what sets things right. It also never really says either Thumbelena or her are "bad" so to speak, and they are never put at odds with each other, so it is a book that teaches that there is more then one way to be a girl.

Add in that she does everything she does in the book, from helping her sister Thumbelena to her mother, because she is an honestly kind and caring person... and she is just the kind of character I love in a protagonist.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:13:00 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 213