Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 672968 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #1980 on: December 19, 2012, 09:40:01 pm »

Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 20, 2012, 12:34:25 pm »

My god, the best bit of that (and it was hard to decide) has to be the "actual in-game screenshot" image.

EDIT: Although perhaps "There’s only 99999 of the $600 tier rewards left, so order soon!" deserves a worthy second place.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 20, 2012, 01:11:57 pm »

Oh lawd.

The things about that make me cringe are so numerous. Is it the blatantly terrible spelling? Is it the use of copyrighted works? Is it the total disconnect between the soundtrack they don't own and the style of the game they're presenting? Is it the gadawful modeling work? The bizarre Goblin sidekick that looks like he wants to sex0rz you? The awful framerates on a what is obviously a low-res product? The fact he constantly references things with nostalgia value, making the bold claim of "Dark Souls, Diablo 2 ect....all in one!" Or the fact he's channeling Bucky in saying "Geez people are so narrow minded if they don't find my ideas awesome."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:49:40 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 20, 2012, 01:20:59 pm »

: If Columbus was alive i feel with his passion if you believed he could do it nothing could stop him people told him and told him he was going to die if he set sail.
Noah made a ark people try to kill him and his family because they didn’t understand and out of fear. I by no mean’s feel i’m Noah are Columbus i’m a gamer who love video games and hate what they because so i’m trying to make a different’s and show people you dont need millions to make a great game are that you have to make a 2D games.
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 20, 2012, 01:30:02 pm »

Is the blatantly terrible spelling?

No, the guy simply doesn't give half-a-shit (much less two shits) about grammar/spelling because he thinks it's not necessary to produce a good game.

Can't wait for him to get to the in-game text.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:35:01 pm by Draco18s »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 20, 2012, 01:55:36 pm »

This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.

I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 20, 2012, 06:09:47 pm »

Oh my God. Is this "Lore" thing serious or just an elaborate hoax? It seems too perfectly stupid even for the depths of Kickstarter.

And what the hell was with the Japanese acoustic rock (at least that's what it sounded like) in the background of the video?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 20, 2012, 06:27:53 pm »

If Columbus was alive i feel with his passion if you believed he could do it nothing could stop him people told him and told him he was going to die if he set sail.
 Noah made a ark people try to kill him and his family because they didn’t understand and out of fear

Wait wait wait... I think I expressed why his view of Columbus was fundementally wrong but Noah too?

No one tried to kill Noah. At least to my knowledge and if they did they probably could have.

I think someone may have to help the person making Lore. Obviously people are telling him he is going to die as well as trying to kill him AND his family. It is the only logical explanation.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 20, 2012, 08:39:44 pm »

Well you try and get a tiger on a boat using only technology available in BC and see how long it takes for something to try and kill oyu.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 20, 2012, 08:47:33 pm »

Should be easy.

>Get spears
>Throw spears at tiger until it dies (preferrably from a tree or something)
>Haul the corpse onto the boat.
>???
>Profit!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 20, 2012, 08:54:43 pm »

Well you try and get a tiger on a boat using only technology available in BC and see how long it takes for something to try and kill oyu.

Where is the misunderstanding in that? Were they fake tigers?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 20, 2012, 10:56:40 pm »

Do you remember the days of old when games were hard and made you think. This game is Dark Souls, Diablo 2 and Minecraft all in one.

oh my god I didn't actually read the lore thing yet

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 21, 2012, 11:39:42 am »

A successfully funded project (with working prototypes) to make a universal charger/portable backup power for various mobile devices, has decided to refund all the backers after Apple refused to license their iphone5 power connector. Apple just won't license their connector to anything that could work with other devices, including slightly older Apple products.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/siminoff/pop-the-intersection-of-charging-and-design/posts/372925
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/21/apple_kickstarter/

I’ll never forget the moment when our campaign passed the $50,000 goal and our dream of powering dying batteries became tangible. Our promise was simple: provide a portable charger that was capable of powering ALL of your devices including the anticipated iPhone 5, which at the time, had not been released.

When Apple officially announced the move to Lightning we determined the best course of action was to incorporate two Lightning chargers, and two 30-pins (along with the four micro-USB’s). After applying to Apple (which is now required for Lightning), we learned that they are no longer willing to approve a product that uses the Lightning charger alongside any other charger (including their own 30-pin – seriously). Just like that, POP could no longer fulfill its true promise.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 21, 2012, 12:26:33 pm »

Wow.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: December 21, 2012, 12:34:24 pm »

I... don't get why apple would do that. They maybe lose a few sales due to not selling new chargers, and that's it.

They maybe lose a few sales due to not selling new chargers

Answered yourself there really.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 213