Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 673459 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #1515 on: July 28, 2012, 05:53:41 pm »

I think you undersestimate the number of left-wing douchebags who basically think "I'm pro choice and stuff, that means I can call anyone who wants more than that a crazy feminist bitch." See: Reddit, pretty much in its entirety.
Strange, I always imagined  Reddit being in the "Screw da haters XD" crowd.

Not liking feminism or acknowledging that it has certain extremes  isn't misogyny. The problem is the many reasonable people who don't like Anita  take a back seat while the the "FUCK THAT THIEVING C*** ILL RAPE THAT WHORE" crowd gets plastered all over the headlines, making it nearly impossible to say anything negative about her without getting labeled as a right-wing nut-job by the liberal group-think the internet is known for.

That being said the most upsetting part of this ordeal is that if people just got some ice for their asses and took 2 seconds to realize this would go the way of "KONY 2012": This "travesty" would not happen.
I hope Anita enjoys her free shit though. Maybe it'll teach people to ignore things they hate.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 28, 2012, 05:56:45 pm »

I said "more than that", referring to anything feminists want that's beyond popularly accepted things like abortion rights. I don't know how you're getting pro-life feminists out of my post.

I was going to post a link to a YouTube video called "Women for Santorum" but I can no longer find it.
It's clearly a spoof, but it's funny as hell.

Women: "I want someone else to decide for me what to do with my own body"
Husband, reading newspaper in the background: "Wait, what?"

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 28, 2012, 06:19:27 pm »

Anita Sarkeesian Part 1: The College Graduate
This video is an examination of the patterns in Anita Sarkeesian's work.
https://twitter.com/Instig8iveJourn
'Tropes vs. Women in Video Games' may be the hot topic, but in order to understand what it means, we must examine Anita Sarkeesian's past products. She has been around for over three years, yet people speak as though she took the scene by storm. Anita Sarkeesian Part 1 is distanced from the current issue in order to gain objectivity.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 28, 2012, 06:23:56 pm »

'Tropes vs. Women in Video Games' may be the hot topic, but in order to understand what it means, we must examine Anita Sarkeesian's past products. She has been around for over three years, yet people speak as though she took the scene by storm. Anita Sarkeesian Part 1 is distanced from the current issue in order to gain objectivity.
It's like a never ending cycle of stupidity, once you think it's over it just repeats itself.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 28, 2012, 06:29:54 pm »

I think you undersestimate the number of left-wing douchebags who basically think "I'm pro choice and stuff, that means I can call anyone who wants more than that a crazy feminist bitch." See: Reddit, pretty much in its entirety.
Strange, I always imagined  Reddit being in the "Screw da haters XD" crowd.

Not liking feminism or acknowledging that it has certain extremes  isn't misogyny. The problem is the many reasonable people who don't like Anita  take a back seat while the the "FUCK THAT THIEVING C*** ILL RAPE THAT WHORE" crowd gets plastered all over the headlines, making it nearly impossible to say anything negative about her without getting labeled as a right-wing nut-job by the liberal group-think the internet is known for.

That being said the most upsetting part of this ordeal is that if people just got some ice for their asses and took 2 seconds to realize this would go the way of "KONY 2012": This "travesty" would not happen.
I hope Anita enjoys her free shit though. Maybe it'll teach people to ignore things they hate.

I was more responding to the idea that someone who identifies as a liberal feminist would do something like overestimate the amount of evil man-hating feminists. On a second look at my post... man, it wasn't really clear that I meant that at all.

The arguments "I like feminism, but a lot of feminists hate men." and "I hate feminism. A lot of feminists hate men." are both pretty much equally incorrect. But a lot of people will look at the former as some awesome moderate viewpoint while the latter gets dismissed as it should.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 28, 2012, 06:31:45 pm »

You think vast amounts of people don't want someone else to make personal decisions for them?  Getting far too into politics for this thread, the 'left' wants to mandate behavior as much as the 'right'.

If feminism is about equal rights, why not call it egalitarianism?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 28, 2012, 06:37:31 pm »

It actually makes quite a few good points, marred by some really stupid cheap shots and bizarre stalkerishness.  The points about Jay-Zee's video being a parody and questioning her not even showing any of the video are good, the "heh, stupid woman only watching TV ::)" was dumb and the "she might be married but probably doesn't have kids yet" was creepy as hell and completely uncalled for.  I'm also not sure why he feels the need to drag up an old academic paper that isn't really relevant to anything.

Basically if he'd made it as a response video to some of her videos it might have been ok, but he felt like he had to turn it into a general broadside against her which ruined it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 28, 2012, 07:16:09 pm »

If feminism is about equal rights, why not call it egalitarianism?

Because history.
Love, scriver~

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 28, 2012, 07:21:24 pm »

I love this video. Everything he says in it is absolutely true.
The italics indicate emphasis, by the way. I'm not being sarcastic. Sarkeesian suffers from incurable podostomatism, not to mention a mild case of Hypocrite's syndrome.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 28, 2012, 07:28:02 pm »

Name calling isn't debating.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 28, 2012, 07:45:53 pm »

Only a lily-livered crumple-horned whale-farmer would say that! D:<

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 28, 2012, 07:52:33 pm »

podostomatism

Was that a serious typo or did you make that word up? I get nothing from googling "podostomatism" nor "podostoma". And "podostroma", Google's suggestion, is the name of a category of fungi.

EDIT: I get exactly three hits for "podostomatic", two of them from a single dictionary-type book called "Vocabula Bound" and another from a band. Apparently it means suffering of foot-in-mouth disease.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:55:44 pm by freeformschooler »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 28, 2012, 07:53:08 pm »

XD
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 28, 2012, 07:56:27 pm »

I didn't even know foot-in-mouth disease was a thing. Those poor cows...

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 213