Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 675361 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #330 on: April 01, 2012, 09:21:40 pm »

Getting his hopes up, then crushing them utterly. Evil.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 01, 2012, 09:29:43 pm »

Deliciously evil.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 01, 2012, 10:13:01 pm »

I just figured it out, Ellwood's a living sitcom character.
Seriously, just think about it.
He has no clue what he's doing, has (probably closer to had now) a few million dollars, & he's hilariously optimistic about this.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #333 on: April 01, 2012, 10:36:08 pm »

I wonder if he was one of those kids who's mother always told him he was 'special' and the other kids teased him because they were 'just jealous'.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 01, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

If this is going to be so fabulous, and if he is so rich, one wonders why he does not simply start hiring people to do this for him. Did his pizza shop have a Kickstarter page?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 01, 2012, 10:42:09 pm »

There ya go.
(Image of website)
Aw, you cut off the best part- the hideously prominent "Owner Login" button and "Powered by InstantPage® from GoDaddy.com" tab.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #336 on: April 01, 2012, 11:17:28 pm »

If this is going to be so fabulous, and if he is so rich, one wonders why he does not simply start hiring people to do this for him. Did his pizza shop have a Kickstarter page?

The worst part is, neither his personal wealth nor the kickstarter would be near enough to start an MMO.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 01, 2012, 11:58:33 pm »

I just realised that he has an uncanny resemblance to the forever alone guy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 02, 2012, 12:32:49 am »

I love how the guy from the OP's kickstarter spells "currency" in a different way in every line.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 02, 2012, 12:48:52 am »

Benjamin Walsh has been developing games both personally and professionally for over 15 years. Having been a producer and designer on multi-million dollar titles while at Bethesda Softworks and Big Huge Games, Ben brings leadership and product knowledge to our team. Ben’s credits include AMF Bowling Pinbusters, Star Trek : Conquest (Winner of IGN’s Game of the Month), Age of Empires 3: Asian Dynasties, and WET. He also played a key role in creating new concepts and platform strategies while at Bethesda Softworks.

Benjamin Walsh has been developing games both personally and professionally for over 15 years. Having been a producer and designer on multi-million dollar titles while at Bethesda Softworks and Big Huge Games, Ben brings leadership and product knowledge to his role as CEO and President of Pure Bang Games. Ben’s credits include AMF Bowling Pinbusters, Star Trek : Conquest (Winner of IGN’s Game of the Month), Age of Empires 3: Asian Dynasties, and WET. He also played a key role in creating new concepts and platform strategies while at Bethesda Softworks.

Apparently the guy makes shitty social games nowadays.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 03, 2012, 08:14:47 pm »

Ron Paul: Road to Revolution has been fully funded, and it appears to be a platformer where you play as Ron Paul and beat bosses at the Federal Reserve while getting Gold coins and winning delegates.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 03, 2012, 08:16:50 pm »

Man I have to get in on this kickstarter thing.

Just post something ludicrous, get famous for the absurdity, and roll in cash.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 03, 2012, 09:53:37 pm »

On that Ron Paul game, the bottom paragraph is something that's very true:
Indie Gaming, I hope, will thrive in the face of dull, spiritless, cloned, big-budget games. Not every game created has to be the 'best game', but they could at least be fun. But what makes a game fun? To that I'd have to say that it's both a science and an art, and that it's purely subjective. Fun *should* be subjective, and that's what makes Indie Gaming so great: the games cost virtually nothing to produce, they can take greater risks, and they don't have to go through the 'creative' oversight of a publisher. I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but I hope to at least share why I'm so passionate about the games I make.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 04, 2012, 08:45:36 am »

This man's obsession with banking is starting to look like a disease of some sort.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 04, 2012, 08:53:19 am »

is it just me, or does he keep setting the final date further and further away the closer it gets to that date?

it's probably just me.

It's just you.  You can't edit the ending date once you publish the kickstarter.  Once it starts, you have a deadline.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 213