Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 673531 times)

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #1125 on: June 04, 2012, 05:56:34 pm »

Another MMORPG. The description is full of mediocrity and vagueness, but it's the reward section where the creators go totally apeshit. The best thing is that this isn't even going to be a Freemium game - you are supposed to pay 7$ monthly to play this magnum opus.

Ohh my goodness you HAVE to at least check it out... it looks so terrible it is hillarious.

Wha... 'ring doorbells to sell your wares'. Do they realize it's horrible being a door to door salesperson in real life? And if so, why did they think it would fun to do in imaginary-land?

Added:
AUGH, why did they want to make this an MMORPG? It looks like it could have done perfectly fine if they hadn't decided to do something completely bizarre. If they'd kept it single-player it looks like it would have had kind of a (clunky, but still interesting) old-school King's Quest type of charm. Instead, they completely slaughtered it by making it an MMO... why?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:58:19 pm by Lord Dullard »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 04, 2012, 05:57:41 pm »

Another MMORPG. The description is full of mediocrity and vagueness, but it's the reward section where the creators go totally apeshit. The best thing is that this isn't even going to be a Freemium game - you are supposed to pay 7$ monthly to play this magnum opus.

Ohh my goodness you HAVE to at least check it out... it looks so terrible it is hillarious.

Wha... 'ring doorbells to sell your wares'. Do they realize it's horrible being a door to door salesperson in real life? And if so, why did they think it would fun to do in imaginary-land?

Yes but you KNOW it is a major aspect of the game since they stop the music JUST so you can hear that doorbell.

BEHOLD! Epic Bellringing ACTION! All yours in Dark Solstice!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 04, 2012, 05:59:32 pm »

I kinda wanna e-mail these people and tell them 'cancel this and resubmit it as a single player game in a few months, you fools, before it's too late!'.

(Well, I also want to tell them not to be silly and hope for $50 large, but...)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:02:59 pm by Lord Dullard »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 04, 2012, 06:04:22 pm »

I kinda wanna e-mail these people and tell them 'cancel this and resubmit it as a single player game in a few months, you fools, before it's too late!'.

(Well, I also want to tell them not to be silly and hope for $50 large, but...)

But how else will they get doorbell ringing gameplay... JUUUUUST right?

You can't low budget these Doorbell ringing MMORPGs

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 04, 2012, 06:13:04 pm »

What I really want to know is how they planned on having, say, fifty characters in one of those rooms at once. I mean, it's never actually going to happen anyway, so it doesn't matter, but I'm seriously curious about how they thought that would work.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 04, 2012, 06:14:22 pm »

What I'm really concerned about is how they're going to work PvP into their doorbell system. Maybe some sort of "ding-dong ditch" mechanic?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 04, 2012, 06:15:00 pm »

Chris Roby is co-designer of our MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game), Dark Solstice. In his role as game designer, Chris is responsible for overall storyline content, world design, and contributes to all of the gameplay created for Dark Solstice.
So...thus far he has done nothing of value?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 04, 2012, 06:16:51 pm »

What I'm really concerned about is how they're going to work PvP into their doorbell system. Maybe some sort of "ding-dong ditch" mechanic?

Hell, I'd donate if PVP consisted of mounting hidden gatling guns behind my door and waiting for peddlers to come by. That would be awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 04, 2012, 06:17:43 pm »

Chris Roby is co-designer of our MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game), Dark Solstice. In his role as game designer, Chris is responsible for overall storyline content, world design, and contributes to all of the gameplay created for Dark Solstice.
So...thus far he has done nothing of value?

Are you kidding? this is the best Doorbell ringing MMORPG ever brought forth.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 04, 2012, 06:19:23 pm »

Hell, I'd donate if PVP consisted of mounting hidden gatling guns behind my door and waiting for door to door salesmen to come by. That would be awesome.

Okay, now someone needs to design an MMORPG revolving around two factions: homeowners and door-to-door salemen. It'd be PvP-centric, revolving around various tactics used by the salepeople to successfully enter the house and sell units, countered by the methods used by the homeowners to stop the attacks. If someone started making this, I would seriously consider putting money behind it, if it was well done.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 04, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »

I wonder what the hell would happen if Your World succeeded and lived up to all promises.

I think I'd just declare the world mad at that point.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 04, 2012, 06:24:39 pm »

Hell, I'd donate if PVP consisted of mounting hidden gatling guns behind my door and waiting for door to door salesmen to come by. That would be awesome.

Okay, now someone needs to design an MMORPG revolving around two factions: homeowners and door-to-door salemen. It'd be PvP-centric, revolving around various tactics used by the salepeople to successfully enter the house and sell units, countered by the methods used by the homeowners to stop the attacks. If someone started making this, I would seriously consider putting money behind it, if it was well done.

"Oh, just wait for this, you scamming fucker... hahaha... oh yeah, just one step closer... NOW! *BAM BAM BAM BAM* HA HA HA! How do you like my concealed shotgun trap, you trespassing scumbag?"

Salesman: *slowly gets up* Thank you, kind sir, for that excellent demonstration... of our new product, the InvinciVest 3000!"

"NOOOO!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 04, 2012, 06:26:54 pm »

Personally, tripmines and pongi stick-filled pits work best in my experience.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 04, 2012, 06:29:33 pm »

Don't forget the third faction: the guys who wait outside the doors to mug the salespeople, who themselves have to sell their services to the homeowners.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 04, 2012, 06:32:15 pm »

Don't forget the third faction: the guys who wait outside the doors to mug the salespeople, who themselves have to sell their services to the homeowners.

But there is no Door bell ringing involved in that... It is a terrible third faction!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 213