Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]  (Read 60761 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2012, 10:46:19 pm »

Mr. Wiffles: Go assist Raul in helping Derek with his wounds by finding an obviously poisonous plant and spitting it on Derek's wound following by kicking some dirt on him for good measure!
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2012, 10:50:53 pm »

I like how the things Mr. Wiffles does are pretty obviously openly aggressive at this point, but nobody in the story notices. It's like he's the manifestation of the audience and waitlist's hatred for the players. :P
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2012, 10:51:55 pm »

My pet squirrel has an eyepatch. Everyone's everything is now irrelevant.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2012, 10:57:49 pm »

Tear off a strip of my Shirts and Shirt related product's brand trousers and tie off the bleeding.

Also find my finger.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2012, 10:59:21 pm »

My pet squirrel has an eyepatch. Everyone's everything is now irrelevant.
I actually helped it come true. Through Mr.Wiffles. Also, you could try hugging the bear and making him your BFF as well! Try it.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2012, 11:03:10 pm »

>Squirrel: Learn to talk, develop inexplicable rastafarian accent and begin sarcastic commentary on the mishaps before you.

+1

I like how the things Mr. Wiffles does are pretty obviously openly aggressive at this point, but nobody in the story notices. It's like he's the manifestation of the audience and waitlist's hatred for the players. :P

And then you gave us a squirrel with an eyepatch. This can only end well!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 09, 2012, 01:02:40 am »

Exit the farmhouse, sealing it if possible. Search for salad and vegetables in the garden. We can go back in when it quiets down.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 09, 2012, 03:44:43 am »

>Squirrel: Learn to talk, develop inexplicable rastafarian accent and begin sarcastic commentary on the mishaps before you.
+1
+2
Why, of course we want a talking squirrel!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 09, 2012, 08:55:23 am »

+1
+2
Why, of course we want a talking squirrel!

:thumbsup:
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2012, 05:46:11 pm »

I'm back! We will proceed when Irony submits his action; looks like he forgot to.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2012, 05:48:58 pm »

Oh damn, I remember now. I was trying to figure out what to do now that I've acquired a squirrel with an eyepatch, and nothing else seemed to matter anymore. :P

Search for some manner of clothing in the woods, be it hanging moss, weavable grass, or shrouding leaves. A loincloth will do for now, but if I'm feeling ambitious why not get actual pants or a shirt or something while I'm at it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2012, 06:57:24 pm »

We now return to your regularly scheduled failure.

Turn 10 - Nature Hates You

(ATT) (DEF) With a shout of rage, Denor propels himself off the floor at the farmer! His flailing, bleeding body flies through the air and, though the farmer makes absolutely no attempt to move out of the way, simply slams into the wall nearby. The farmer retaliates with another swing of his pitchfork, (ATT) (DEF) stabbing Denor through the hand!

(...) Bryan, meanwhile, hears the roar of the bear that has just entered the kitchen and ducks out through the front door, rolling a large rock in front of it from the outside. He heads out to the small garden outside, and sure enough there are some carrots and cabbages growing!

(...) At the other side of the property, Raul runs off into the forest like a madman in search of meat! He clumsily stumbles through the underbrush, tripping over roots and rolling through the mud. After exhausting himself, he sits in a small niche between a thicket and some trees to rest. At that moment the denizens of the forest, whose friend was carried off by a wild Dongrel in service of the invading humans, attack to avenge their fallen comrade! (ATT) (DEF) Several forest-dwelling rodents leap from the trees and land on Raul, crawling over him and biting at his body! He flails and slaps at them uselessly!

(...) Derm tears at his robe, but it doesn't seem to want to budge. An especially large tug, while failing to even rip the robe a little bit, throws him off balance and he falls face-first into the dirt. Derm looks around and shakes his head, and spies his severed finger on the ground in front of him! He picks up the finger and holds it over his head like a frilly tunic-wearing fairy boy who has just acquired a new possession. Just then, however, a hawk swoops out of the sky and snatches the finger away! It flies off, landing in a nearby tree.

(...) Caddio runs around in the woods for a while, tearing moss and leaves off of various surfaces. He fails to produce any clothing from this. (VOICE ACTING ROLL) Suddenly, the squirrel seems to have something to say in a ridiculous Rastafarian accent!
"Good lord mon, cover yourself! You are going to scare the children!"
Caddio stares for a moment. "What children? Also you can talk what."
"Looks like you have communion with animals, mon. That, or you are just crazy."
"No, I think I like that first one. How do you expect me to get clothed out in the forest anyway?!"
"There is a nice farmhouse over there, my friend. I am sure they have clothes in there."
"I dunno, that sounds like it would lead to some kind of comedic set piece that would result in a lot of problems for me."
"Suit yourself, nature boy."

(...) The bear lumbers through the kitchen, taking no notice of the people standing in the next room while it looks for food.

Dinner deadline in: 6h23m

Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Bryan
Adventurer: Davkul Stalkingwolf [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Garden; searching for salad ingredients.
Inventory: Peasant Robe | Slip of Paper
[HP:8/10] Injuries

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek Letum
Adventurer: Ravaatra Hellbinder [HP:20/20] [MP:14/20]
Currently: Dirt Path; shaking his fist at all birds.
Inventory: Peasant Robe | Vial of Blood
[HP:7/10] Injuries

Player: Taricus
Name: Raul
Adventurer: Vladimir Silverblade [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Forest; fighting small forest rodents!
Inventory: Peasant Robe
[HP:5/10] Injuries

Player: IronyOwl
Name: Caddio Nine
Adventurer: Odysseus Hawklight [HP:20/20] [MP:14/20]
Currently: Forest; possibly talking to himself.
Inventory: N/A
[HP:8/10] Injuries

Player: Scelly9
Name: Denor
Adventurer: Coratra Gladomain [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Farmhouse; getting his ass kicked by a farmer.
Inventory: Peasant Robe
[HP:4/10] Injuries

Spoiler: Mr. Wiffles (Dongrel) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ??? (Squirrel) (click to show/hide)

Hero Caddies      Book I: The Bane of Gortharius      Chapter I: The Chalice of Hope
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2012, 06:58:38 pm »

Get these rodents off of me!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2012, 06:59:43 pm »

Head to farmhouse, knock and ask if they can spare some clothes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »

Mr.Wiffles: Kindly ask the hawk for the severed finger. If it is obtained, eat it. Then vomit half-digested parts of it back on the ground.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21