Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Shadow Era: TCG on almost whatever device you want to play on for free  (Read 10425 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Almost, because it doesn't work on consoles or Windows phones. It does work on PC/Mac (download), browsers, android things, and iOS, though. Site is here.

This is a pretty fun game, I'd say. TotalBiscuit made a video about it (not really outdated, but a version back, and some of the things he mentioned have been added, and he could do some things better). Anyway, its a TCG (Trading Card) game. Sorta like Magic, sorta like WoWTCG, pretty fun. You can of course, buy booster pack things for a dollar, but you don't have to, with enough gold from dueling other people (or AI duels), you can get basically any card you want from the ingame merchant, though it'll take a bit longer. Theres even a giveaway thing right now here where you can get a nice amount of freebie crystals just for having an account.
Theres also a levelling system off to the side, it doesn't seem to affect anything except giving you 25 Shadow Crystals every level you gain, which equates to a booster or an extra starter deck ever four levels.

For the player challenges, you have ranked, and custom. not really anything else yet. Custom is basically just nonranked, theres not really that much you can do yet as far as different rules or anything. You can set a password for matches to keep it from being used in the quickgame chooser or to keep random people from taking the opponent spot, and I think it could be pretty fun to play against some Bay12 peoples if theres any interest at all here.

Click on the character images, or hit Enter to Chat.

Peoples who have cards!:
Aklyon
Furtuka
Kal (Sirian)
Bluerobin
Luckispod (Rebecca Black)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:43:13 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow Era: A TCG on (almost) whatever you want for free
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:47:13 pm »

If I was into TCG's I would totally get this.
...But I'm really not that into them. XD

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:10:31 pm »

Trading Card Game.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bill the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:48:53 pm »

Hey, I've played this before. cool that we have a thread for it, I have a Mage deck of a unusual kind.

Bill the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 07:21:53 pm »

Anyone else here play this? I've been wanting to play it against people besides the random people you can play against in challenge mode.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 07:29:24 pm »

I've been playing it for a few days but it's very slow to get stuff without paying money. I'm still using the exact same deck i started with.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 07:41:49 pm »

Slow it seriously is. But after a point you end up with a ton of gold and can get a whole bunch of cards at once. Did you click on that giveaway link thing in the first post, Sirian? I got enough for a booster pack and a smidge leftover from that, though it didn't seem to update my crystals until I logged back in if you click that while the game is running.

I saw someone using pretty much still just the mage deck, but with more spells and no allies yesterday, which was an interesting idea.
I'm Aklyon in the game, of course.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:44:17 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 09:05:08 pm »

Registered just now. Will get to actual playing later
It's FEF, not FEOF

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 01:43:46 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:09:27 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 03:20:49 am »

Did you click on that giveaway link thing in the first post, Sirian?

Whoa i completely missed that, thanks for pointing it out, now i have enough for 2 packs yay !

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 01:04:55 pm »

Should I make that more noticeable? No idea how much longer it'll last, but that is all of the helpfuls.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »

Oh by the way, the levelling system doesnt only give you 25 crystals, it also unlocks new AI enemies (with slightly better rewards). The AI is, however, way more boring to play against than human players.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 03:28:20 pm »

So I'm registered as Furtuka. is anyone online right now?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 03:46:09 pm »

I'll be in a bit, after I finish this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 03:55:14 pm »

Ok. If anyone has the time I've set up a match with the password Toady
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:29:29 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5