Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Somones life Reloaded -- Round 2 - Turn 2  (Read 29738 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Somones life Reloaded -- Round 1 - Turn 5
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2012, 05:11:50 pm »

During the date Jack will promise that he wants to give up this silly writing lark and get a proper hard working man's job so he can provide for his new family and devote all his spare time to his lady's wellbeing and totally, like, be there for her when it matters.
However they both live in an underground city under attack by lovecraftian horrors. A proper hard working man's job thus means something incredibly badass.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2012, 05:20:58 pm »

During the date Jack will promise that he wants to give up this silly writing lark and get a proper hard working man's job so he can provide for his new family and devote all his spare time to his lady's wellbeing and totally, like, be there for her when it matters.
However they both live in an underground city under attack by lovecraftian horrors. A proper hard working man's job thus means something incredibly badass.

Which leaves no time for writing ever again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2012, 05:33:10 pm »

In the tradition of Harry Mason or Alan Wake, I'm sure Jack here can handle a few Lovecraftian horrors. Writers kick those thing's asses on a regular basis. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2012, 07:24:47 pm »

My lovecraftian horrors are the ones from Lovecraft's books. No Lovecraft-lite. If an Old One can be beaten, it is Lovecraft-lite. If the only option is insanity and/or death or a similar destiny, it is Lovecraft. Of course that putting them to sleep again does not count as beating though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2012, 07:37:44 pm »

...It's likely because of my frame of mind right now, but I'm not finding this game very interesting. I don't want to drag it down, so I'll like to drop out to the waiting list for now. Sorry. Good luck, Team Success!

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2012, 07:49:17 pm »

Jack discovers the last fragments of the Mithriari deep in the catacombs. These tribes of Magi hold the secret to the banishment of the Lovecraftian horrors and they teach him their rituals and incantations.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »

Firelordsky, you want in?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2012, 08:04:48 pm »

If you don't mind, I'll post one more action so you can run the turn.

Scientists discover a fast growing, non poisonous and healthy mushroom. After two weeks of careful cultivation, there is a large (or at least larger.) supply of food.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:48:26 pm by BullDog »

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2012, 12:57:18 pm »

Waitlist me! Team failure I suppose... I can't believe I missed the start of this. Especially since the Lovecraftian horrors from round 3 were so much fun to release on the poor doctor! :D
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2012, 01:12:12 pm »

My lovecraftian horrors are the ones from Lovecraft's books. No Lovecraft-lite. If an Old One can be beaten, it is Lovecraft-lite. If the only option is insanity and/or death or a similar destiny, it is Lovecraft. Of course that putting them to sleep again does not count as beating though.

I beg to differ. Armitage totally bitch slapped Yog-Sothoth's kid without going insane, and that is pure Lovecraft canon.

EDIT: Waitlist, Team failure.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16:15 pm »

That was the exception that proves the rule.

Also, it was not ripe(ok, I'll go with the boring "properly powered") yet.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:40:16 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2012, 01:33:56 pm »

That was the exception that proves the rule.

Also, it was not ripe yet.

You're not using that idiom right.

And that creature's little brother was savaged by a freakin' guard dog. In addition, the color out of space didn't kill any of the people who were sent to investigate, may have given the brown note, but it didn't kill them. (Them, I will admit that it did kill quite a lot of people prior to that)

It is entirely possible to escape a Lovecraft horror with one's sanity intact, even possible to kill it, the trouble is that it's not bloody likely. It does happen though.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2012, 01:43:54 pm »

And that creature's little brother was savaged by a freakin' guard dog. In addition, the color out of space didn't kill any of the people who were sent to investigate, may have given the brown note, but it didn't kill them. (Them, I will admit that it did kill quite a lot of people prior to that)

It is entirely possible to escape a Lovecraft horror with one's sanity intact, even possible to kill it, the trouble is that it's not bloody likely. It does happen though.

Ok, I'll give you that. But most Lovecraftian stories are beautiful collections of hopelessnes, insanity and death, and that is what matters in the end.

AND WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO BANISH BY BABIES?? LEAVE THEM ALONE TEAM SUCCESS!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:55:04 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2012, 02:11:04 pm »

I may have to point at Old Man Henderson here... My nascent /tg/ pride demands it
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2012, 10:28:10 pm »

Running turn. Sorry about the wait guys, FRC's a bitch.

EDIT: Also, last call, Firelordsky.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15