Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Somones life Reloaded -- Round 2 - Turn 2  (Read 29712 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Somones life Reloaded -- Round 1 - Turn 1
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 04:18:24 pm »

Temerity Robson, the really hot and successful local lady writer, surprise attends the office party. Jack gets really drunk to work up the nerve to talk to her, and when he finally manages it, she rejects him horribly. Drunk and humiliated, he seeks pity in the bosom of L. J. Wronchford, the lonely and unattractive copy writer who secretly hates him for his awful punctuation and stupid scarf. It's pretty awkward in the office a couple of weeks later when she has to tell Jack that she's pregnant and it could only be him.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 09:03:33 pm »

Temerity Robson, the really hot and successful local lady writer, surprise attends the office party. Jack gets really drunk to work up the nerve to talk to her, and when he finally manages it, she rejects him horribly. Drunk and humiliated, he seeks pity in the bosom of L. J. Wronchford, the lonely and unattractive copy writer who secretly hates him for his awful punctuation and stupid scarf. It's pretty awkward in the office a couple of weeks later when she has to tell Jack that she's pregnant and it could only be him.

Or at least that's what Jack's rather overactive imagination tells him will happen. In reality, everything goes great. Temerity does indeed attend, but Jack manages to work up the nerve to talk to her without any drink and finds out she is in fact quite friendly.
She gives him some pointers on writing, and promises him a date!

Is this even valid?...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 09:06:04 pm »

We've mostly gone straight for difficult moves (Mine being a level 6 impossible).

Non-standard, yes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »

Waitlist me for team sucess.

Also, where did you get the bitchin' avatar Derm?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:19:01 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 09:41:00 pm »

Waitlist me please.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 09:15:03 am »

Jack tries to go to the bathroom only to trip and hit his head against the sink, giving him the hell of a headache and quite probably severe bleeding.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 11:11:06 am »

Jack tries to go to the bathroom only to trip and hit his head against the sink, giving him the hell of a headache and quite probably severe bleeding.
Or thats what would happen, if there wasnt a conveniently placed pillow in the sink. In fact, the shock of tripping makes him feel very motivated to write a book.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 12:56:09 pm »

INITIATIVE

dermonster: 64
Caellath: 82 
lawastooshort: 36

Bulldog: 21
agentorangesoda: 80
cerapa: 39

Jack arrives at the party and after a few drinks he feels the call of nature (Caellath, medium event=3: 1) As he heads into the bathroom he nearly slips on a pool of water on the floor, luckily no one has hurt themselves. (Cerapa, difficult event=4: 2) For some reason there appears to be no pillow in the sink, how strange. Elsewhere in the world... (Dermonster, Impossible event=6: 6) The apocalypse begins. Luckily, (agentorangesoda, medium event=3: 2) it starts off rather slowly, sun flares take out power across the city. Back at the party, the power is still on. (lawastooshort, medium event=3: 3) (bulldog, difficult event=4: 2) Jack approaches Temerity but gets rejected horribly. He drowns his sorrows in alcohol and approaches L. J. Wronchford, she shows him a good time. A really good time.

TEAM SUCCESS: 0 points
TEAM FAILURE: 9 points

Team success is not doing well..

NOTES:
*L. J. Wronchford is pregnant. (sleeper for team failure= 4+0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd half of January - Work.
Jack is not doing good at work. His boss is telling him to step it up or else.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:04:23 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 12:59:45 pm »

First turn, begin the end of the world. Yes.

Riots break out, doomsayers overrun the streets.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 01:03:48 pm »

Horseman Death appears and decides it would be fun to make a fountain of blood decorated with horribly mutilated human corpses right in front of the building Jack is working.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:05:20 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm »

When Jack was a boy he'd dreamt of one day becoming a war journalist. Fascinated by the chaos and gore, Jack has set out to write a harrowing biopic of the ascent of the antichrist. Residents of the demon kingdom are famously consumerist and will buy up his work as though it were wrapped in the skin of an infant. Coincidentally, the collector's edition is wrapped in the skin of an infant.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 03:13:58 pm »

When Jack was a boy he'd dreamt of one day becoming a war journalist. Fascinated by the chaos and gore, Jack has set out to write a harrowing biopic of the ascent of the antichrist. Residents of the demon kingdom are famously consumerist and will buy up his work as though it were wrapped in the skin of an infant. Coincidentally, the collector's edition is wrapped in the skin of an infant.
Cant think of anything good. So, I support this.

Residents of the demon kingdom take a particular shine to Jacks work. Apparently they like his style of writing.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 03:32:31 pm »

We've just gone straight to batshit territory, ain't we?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 03:34:44 pm »

The horseman death appearance was my original plan to support your apocalypse setting. But then I tried a simpler and boring move. I am just back into my comfort zone.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15