Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [Succession] BloodSyrup- Above ground | Fort Defense | Titans Everywhere  (Read 8817 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sloteth PM'd me and it is my turn. I will make this fort into the richest (or bloodiest) above-ground fort any dwarf has ever seen! And proboly mutilated a few elves on the way.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Diary of CoraiUnki, Overseer of BloodSyrup Entry One-

Well, today I took over the leadership of the fort, the first thing I did was check the logs to see what we had and didnt. And I noticed two skilled farmers were doing nothing but hauling, and they were my kids. I got them back to working. (Just cause there my children doesnt mean I wont be cracking down) and I deicded to check on him. Well, hes irratating but I must admit, he has a way with words and he knows how to make a grown dwarf cower in fear.

(Sloteth, I was going to name your dwarf's profession "Kobold Manager" but decided not to. Meh)

I got to work soon after. I wanted the Jelly Shooters and Knights to be able to assemble without being in a chaos. So I decided to create a wall.Then I got to work creating coffins for the poor dead, they deserve a proper burial. A soldier also became a mighty spearmaster! Huzzah Vgray!

Moments later, Lance-A-Lot also became a spearmaster, I had both given the titles "Grand Spearmaster." I then ordered a farm created. And former rulers wonder why we have no booze or food. I also wanted our tower bigger, I have plans my friend, oh I have plans.

(Now what would a dwarf want a TOWER for? hmmm. My insanity is gonna either make this place a utopia, or kill everyone.)

And regarding the laws, I must learn who the former overseer was AND STRANGLE HIM! He had two miners in the fort! MINERS, IN THE FORT. There is a law against picks as all know at the time, and this fool had miners doing nothing! I got one into the army and the other into animal training.

(Short update, sorry. Any way around "Construction" while building walls on floors?)
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Diary of CoraiUnki, Overseer of BloodSyrup Entry Two-

The farm plot and walls surrounded were completed, I decided we need to prepare for the worst. I began construction of a vault of Booze and Food, and when it is complete I will forbid anyone, in event of starvation, drought, or a horrible siege. On a brighter note I began building caskets.

Soon after a young child rose from the dead. How long until the rest of these corpses begin releasing there souls to haunt us?

Soon after the mayor mandated quivers. Hopefully he likes the ones we have from corpses cause I honestly dont give a Urist what he wants.

---

Okay I cant take the disorganization. I dont know if its a tilepack that makes the plants look like walls and trees or if Im just blind. I mean no offense but I cant find anything, obviously this fort has fared worse then it writes. I would like to either step down or pass it on now.

I could probably go on if I found a way to fix the shrubs so I know where I can build, but right now I doubt I can put up with tree-shrubs.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile

Oh I hate that weird glitch. Has something to do with switching tilesets back to vanilla I think, all the text gets screwed up.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

maybe use LNP to uninstall the graphics set, or copy the raws from a fresh fort-defense download over the save raws?  i think the graphics mod makes changes to the raws that haven't been fixed, so that should do it.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile

Back, was in Austria. Did I miss anything?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back, was in Austria. Did I miss anything?

Unless you or I take another turn, we have no overseers.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile

(nevermind, wrong thread. please ignore this annoying necro.)
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about you apologize by taking the next turn in the succession?  :P
Thoughts on water

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about you apologize by taking the next turn in the succession?  :P

I agree! :D was loving this so far. Wish i was in a position to be able todo these sorts of forts.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]