Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Evil cloud/rain syndromes  (Read 11323 times)

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Evil cloud/rain syndromes
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:28:54 am »

What evil cloud syndromes did you get?
For me. A Wicked Cloud that turned creatures against each other (like a berserk syndrome) and it buffed that creature.

Dragula

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil cloud/rain syndromes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:42:21 am »

My rain just melts peoples faces off, all the time.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:52:47 pm »

My rain just melts peoples faces off, all the time.

Pretty much this. My Dwarfs walk through it all the time, healing and melting like crazy.

In hindsight building the hospital in a pool of acid was a great idea.

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 08:35:00 pm »

My most recent clouds knocked things unconscious and heavily bruised them (killing smaller livestock) - the bruising was ok but the sleeping sickness was a pain, after they woke up they'd still constantly be falling asleep and that, like narcolepsy, but sleeping long enough to starve.
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 08:47:59 pm »

The only one that I had was ooze that seemed to give my dwarves a happy thought for taking a bath. the fort didn't last long enough for a hospital to be set up, let alone a stockpile be filled.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 09:13:21 pm »

the only fog I had was a nasty brown dust that caused my dwarves to vomit uncontrollably, like... exorcist sick. most of the top level was stained blue with vomit. it was a good thing that fort got destroyed pretty quick. what will adventurers think?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 10:04:38 pm »

I got some hideous green ooze that was falling from the sky. It made every single body part filled with extreme pain if the creature wasn't pain resistant. The creature would be knocked out for a while, but after a while the symptom would wear of.

The unlucky crows that passed out from pain while 5 z-levels above ground weren't that lucky though... :P

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 12:34:07 am »

One of my first forts in DF2012 had a filthy dust cloud that caused extreme bleeding.
So extreme that some unicorns that went inside bled to death in a few frames.
It was beautiful.

Unfortunaly that fort didn't last longer then a few years. White shark husks are the worst thing I've ever fought.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Dragula

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 06:54:16 am »

Have a new ash that seems to just give them a fever, 1 year has passed and they all have a constant fever.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 06:55:52 am »

only had one.

fuckin thrall ash cloud.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 07:01:26 am »

I've not encountered one yet. My Terrifying Glacier embark has 'infernal ash', probably would cause 'infernal ash thralls' judging from the name, but I have kept everyone quarantined indoors.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 07:05:02 am »

Ive had blood rain that made people vomit, thats like acid, makes them unhappy, necrosis.

Ive had mists that instantly turns into thrall, gives major fevers, necrosis.

Also Ive had a weather that made people blind, probably some kind of acid dmg. Cant remember if it was rain or mist though.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 07:21:30 am »

A crimson mist that caused vomiting.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 07:23:47 am »

One of my worlds got somewhat messed up, after playing a couple of forts and adventurers. At least I think it did, because the next three fortresses I played had rain (or goo, or whatever was falling from the sky) that turn turned dwarves into husks, and I'm quite certain that that is not intended behaviour.
It was a delayed effect, dwarves that had been caught in the rain turned into husks several days later, none of these fortresses lived longer than a week or two.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 07:28:06 am »

One of my worlds got somewhat messed up, after playing a couple of forts and adventurers. At least I think it did, because the next three fortresses I played had rain (or goo, or whatever was falling from the sky) that turn turned dwarves into husks, and I'm quite certain that that is not intended behaviour.
It was a delayed effect, dwarves that had been caught in the rain turned into husks several days later, none of these fortresses lived longer than a week or two.

that's....insidious.
Pages: [1] 2 3