Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86

Author Topic: Pokemon Tabletop: Trainers of the Treazur Islands  (Read 76025 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Pokemon Tabletop: Trainers of the Treazur Islands
« on: March 13, 2012, 04:59:26 pm »

This is a Pokemon Tabletop Adventures Game, using the latest version of the rules as displayed here (http://pokemontabletop.wikidot.com/). It will be hosted on Maptools, we tend to use an old version 'b84'. Make sure you download the right one!

We haven't nailed down the day of the week we will be playing on, but I'm hoping we can do the first session tonight, and answer any questions about character creation or the rules if we have new players in need of help. Just bring a decent character concept and you can still RP.

Setting:

The Treazur Islands were first discovered by civilized man during the age of sail, and quickly became known as a place of abundant adventure, resources, and supernatural energy. Many nations layed claim to the small region, and several wars were fought over its control. Eventually a treaty was signed, declaring that no nation would get the strategic islands. Instead the region became a place of refuge for primitive people and powerful Pokemon, visited only occasionally by scientists, fugitives, and adventurers.

The Treazur region remained like this, off limits to most of the world, for several centuries. Recently however the Pokemon League has settled the area, claiming that as an organization independant from any and all governments it was allowed to develop the islands as it saw fit. Now trainers, researchers, and casual thrill seekers flock to Treazur, hoping to explore the long forbidden land and challenge the brand new Treazur League!

You are one such group. You and your companions have just split the difference and purchased a boat. You have spent weeks preparing for this journey, and now all that is left for you to do is strike the earth and seek your fortune!

Character Creation Rules:
TL 5 start. Non stat-based class and feat preqs are waived during character gen. 5000py budget for starting items. Wild Child is allowed. Glitch trainer, or soldier. Any other homebrew class available upon request.

2 lvl 20 starters. No legends. Each starter may have any one item (TM, Vitamin, held item, ect) or trainer feat from any class (Yes any Pokemon enhancing feat at all [just don't find something broken and make me regret it], if the feat calls for a Stat mod as a variable, use 4) successfully applied to them.

At least a couple people should take Pokemon or Feats to allow for the easy crossing of water.

Trainer EXP System:
We will be using an experimental system of my own design to earn TL ups and other boons.

Current ways to earn Trainer EXP:
You earn 1 TEXP for each new Pokemon species you encounter.
You earn 1 TEXP for each Pokemon species you own.
You lose 1 TEXP if you voluntarily release or trade a Pokemon and don't own another member of its species. (Prevent Trade Scumming)
You earn 1-5 TEXP for a journal entry.
You earn 5 TEXP for being the first one to post an acceptable and updated map when new locations are discovered.
You earn 1-3 TEXP for being named trainer MVP of an encounter. (May be GMs call or put up to a vote)
Additional TEXP may be handed out at the whim of the GM. Do not bug the GM for TEXP.

Current things to spend Trainer EXP on (Subject to Update):
You may spend 25 TEXP to gain a Trainer Level. (You may not buy TLs this way if you are currently 3 levels higher than any party member)
You may spend 17 TEXP to gain a Trainer Level if you are the lowest leveled (or tied with only one other person) trainer.
You may spend 6 TEXP to select a subplot reward set. The next 5 times I roll to select a reward set I will first roll a d3. On a 3 I instead pick a reward from your chosen reward set
You may spend 3 TEXP to select one of the following moves: Flash, Cut, Whirlpool, Surf, Waterfall, Rock Climb, Strength, Dive, or Fly. At least one Pokemon in the next wild encounter will know the chosen move.
You may spend 6 TEXP to receive a supply kit from Mayor Nelson. (Mystery Prize)
You may spend 5 TEXP to target a Pokemon level 15 or lower. Chose a non-damage inflicting Trainer Feature the chosen Pokemon could possibly use. That Pokemon's ability is replaced with that feature.
You may spend 15 TEXP to receive High Society Training. Gain a point of INT or CHA. For the next two TLs you make take Coordinator, Merchant, Fashion Designer, Strategist, or Groomer feats so long as you meet all non-class pre-reqs.
You may spend 3 TEXP to buy a Super Evolution token. You may spend the super evolution token on an evolving Pokemon for a pleasant surprise. You may only have 2 Super Evolution Tokens at a time.
You may spend 9 TEXP to claim a vacant flat in the Undertown as your own personal house.

Reward Sets:
On most occaisions where I roll up a situation involving 2 or more non plot related encounters on one island, I will throw in a faboulous reward by rolling a d10 and picking from one of the following sets. These sets will yield powerful Items, Pokemon, and/or abilities. In most cases the more times a particular set is rolled, the more powerful the reward is going to be, however some sets simply build up to a single almighty prize! Most of these reward sets reference previous PTA games that I have participated in.

The Known Reward Sets:
1: Vance's Recipes (1/10)
2: Emergence of the Unseen Ancient (1/6)
3: Ultimate Snag Machine (1/5)
4: Rune’s of the Forgotten Signer (1/9)
5: Project Vehiclemorph Series #1 (0/9)
6: Tools of the Eternal Master (2/7)
7: End Times Logs (0/11)
8: ????
9: ????
10: ????

Main Quest Rewards:
1: The Great Calendar (0/12)
2: The Chaos Calendar (1/12)
3: ????
4: ????
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:26:26 pm by Weirdsound »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Tabletop: Trainers of the Treazur Islands
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:07:41 pm »

Trainer EXP system posted. I'll likely change everything but the TLs on the reward list every couple sessions or so.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 06:21:13 pm »

Well, I got it started...and I finished it!

Spoiler: Gerome Blue (click to show/hide)

@WS: Ey, It's a family line. :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:54:03 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:42:12 pm »

A character named Blue, using the gen 2 water starter line... hmm... where have I seen that before?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 06:43:05 pm »

Interesting as always, I'll give it a shot. And I'll host like usual.

I'm thinking I may try a breeder this time around. A Chef in particular.

edit: Hmm, how are we working the stat gain feats? Would be nice to get some extra wisdom, but I really don't see any feats to raise wisdom extra on the wiki, so not sure if it will fit with my guy or not.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:02:28 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 07:33:31 pm »

After having to change my plans twice. (DARN YOU GUYS), I have made a character.

http://kotodes.wikidot.com/till-mitak

Psychic / Empath / (Detective) / (Clairsentient)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:35:06 pm by KujiUn »
Still alive, amazingly.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 08:04:56 pm »

I think once Haika finishes his sheet, we should just start up the server.

My sheet is all done, items and whatnot.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 08:09:52 pm »

@Haika

I don't personaly care for the Stat Feats. Perhaps if a campaign goes on for a long time, and a player gets all the feats he wants out of all of his class slots.

That said. They are in the Wiki. And if they are missing a stat, thats just no fair. Treat it like the Int feat and buy some perception boostinnng drugs or whatnot at each town.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 08:30:32 pm »

Welp, not done with my character yet, but working on fiishing it up. In the meanwhile, I've started us up a server. Same info as the first weird PTA game.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 10:09:56 pm »

Character time:
Spoiler: Le'Range Beausineau (click to show/hide)

Stat Progression:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 02:23:01 am »

Alright, updated Till's page with the items and his thoughts about them. :3c

CURRENT TEXP:
Gained! All six starters! Wingull!

Range: 10 TEXP
Gerome: 9 TEXP
Till: 10 TEXP

Details here: http://kotodes.wikidot.com/treazur
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:37:28 pm by KujiUn »
Still alive, amazingly.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 12:27:28 pm »

Are we still on to try and play tonight? We are having a St. Paddies party here, and I think I gotta do all the dishes, so I could be quite late, but I'm willing to GM if you are willing to potentially wait.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32:26 pm »

@WS: I hope so. Sho delayed his game to tomorrow, so I can attend as early as we can begin.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 02:41:08 pm »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 02:57:26 pm »

I'm up for it, may even try my hand at a journal for little frenchie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86