Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192570 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1830 on: December 26, 2014, 09:14:36 pm »

Can anyone help me with the new endgame content? Specifically Magical Musical Seahorses.

I'm playing a Technobard Frogbeing, for the most part specialized as a Dubstepmaster. Every time I go up against one of them I get disharmonized, which completely nullifies all my class buffs. These things are tough enough as it is; they're a nightmare when you're a Technobard and you can't even have Self-Aggrandizement going.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 26, 2014, 09:25:50 pm »

I got bored of my Barrier Mage and started an Element Elf Storm Mage. Obviously, my four elements should be Wind, Lightning, Water, and Cold (gotta get those damage boosts), but which should I put extra skill points into? Wind's extra evasion might be nice, but Lightning's armour pierce might allow me to break 100% pierce, which, as you probably know, can be pretty nice in PvP. Water and Wind Cold are garbage for my build, so don't even mention them.

Edit: Cold, not wind. Man, this game has so much stuff that it can be difficult to keep things straight.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:34:07 pm by Elephant Parade »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 26, 2014, 09:29:12 pm »

Can anyone help me with the new endgame content? Specifically Magical Musical Seahorses.

I'm playing a Technobard Frogbeing, for the most part specialized as a Dubstepmaster. Every time I go up against one of them I get disharmonized, which completely nullifies all my class buffs. These things are tough enough as it is; they're a nightmare when you're a Technobard and you can't even have Self-Aggrandizement going.
Oof. I'd either hire some NPC companions or bring a friend, because those things are basically hard counters to the Dubstepmaster's abilities after the most recent patch.

If you really want to try going it alone, bring along a Critical Pike. It does quad damage to Magical Musical Seahorses, which might be enough to counteract the disharmonizing effect if your fishwielding skill is high enough.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 26, 2014, 09:31:17 pm »

specialized as a Dubstepmaster
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry, it's just that--
Dubstepmaster
BAHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ehem. Moving on. Why did you choose Dubstepmaster? Trancecrafters have a much higher damage potential, and have way better buffs. The only thing Dubstepmasters have over them are slightly more Notability and being moderately more defensive.

Anyways, try the Ring of Screeching. It'll always deharmonize you, but it deharmonizes the seahorses too. This wouldn't be that big of a deal, but pair it with the Amulet of Improvisation. It multiplies the speed you reharmonize by four, so just switch the ring on and off, and pelt it with bass drops while it's still recovering. Helps that Ocean Chime takes ages to charge up.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 26, 2014, 11:05:43 pm »

Ehem. Moving on. Why did you choose Dubstepmaster? Trancecrafters have a much higher damage potential, and have way better buffs. The only thing Dubstepmasters have over them are slightly more Notability and being moderately more defensive.
The biggest things that drew me to it were its Airwalking feature and its enhanced mouse-type creature-killing abilities.

Anyways, try the Ring of Screeching. It'll always deharmonize you, but it deharmonizes the seahorses too. This wouldn't be that big of a deal, but pair it with the Amulet of Improvisation. It multiplies the speed you reharmonize by four, so just switch the ring on and off, and pelt it with bass drops while it's still recovering. Helps that Ocean Chime takes ages to charge up.
That all sounds good, except I don't think my Fishing skill is high enough to catch the needed bass drops. Which is also why I won't be able to get the Critical Pike, either.

I got bored of my Barrier Mage and started an Element Elf Storm Mage. Obviously, my four elements should be Wind, Lightning, Water, and Cold (gotta get those damage boosts), but which should I put extra skill points into? Wind's extra evasion might be nice, but Lightning's armour pierce might allow me to break 100% pierce, which, as you probably know, can be pretty nice in PvP. Water and Wind Cold are garbage for my build, so don't even mention them.

Edit: Cold, not wind. Man, this game has so much stuff that it can be difficult to keep things straight.
Not sure I can help you, then, since from my experience and from what I've read, going Water or Cold are basically the only two reasons to bother with Elemental Elf Storm Mage.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 27, 2014, 12:46:23 pm »

I really don't understand music classes. There are so many different buffs with different BPM's and then the genre thing, it's just confusing.

I currently have my paleogenerator up and running because of the T-Wasp DNA AoshimaMichio and I collected (thanks again :3). Now i can convert fossils to living creatures, and im planning to generate and train some baby Ankyloscorpions. Is anyone interested? I'm probably going to sell them for 99π/(67^(6/3)+4) Golden Scarab Wings, or anything Egyptian related of the same value, since I'm training my Pharaoh Psalmist skills.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 27, 2014, 01:19:58 pm »

I've got a Level 12 Splicer Queen; I'm still working on constructing my Genehive, and I could use them for labour and then genetic materials.  Hit me up on on BBT, callsign GMQn.  Don't have the Wings right now, but I can synthesise Golden Scarab Swarms and you can harvest them yourself.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get Essence of Horse?  I can't find horses anywhere on the Twelve Worlds of Orion, and I need them to start on the Equine Cloister in the 'hive or I won't be able to create Nightmares.  Even if I can't get a real horse, a genetic sample would do (I usually just extract my own).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 27, 2014, 01:27:36 pm »

I've got a Level 12 Splicer Queen; I'm still working on constructing my Genehive, and I could use them for labour and then genetic materials.  Hit me up on on BBT, callsign GMQn.  Don't have the Wings right now, but I can synthesise Golden Scarab Swarms and you can harvest them yourself.
Okay, i'll contact you. They'll hatch in 2 Venus hours.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get Essence of Horse?  I can't find horses anywhere on the Twelve Worlds of Orion, and I need them to start on the Equine Cloister in the 'hive or I won't be able to create Nightmares.  Even if I can't get a real horse, a genetic sample would do (I usually just extract my own).
Equine class creatures are very hard to come by, but you can extract Essence of Horse from the Chess Knights at the entrance of the Dungeon of Chess. You can also try to catch some Kelpies in the Merulian Swamps, but i don't know if they produce horse essence because they're shapeshifter class creatures with a horse form.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 27, 2014, 01:29:37 pm »

There's some other, easier ways, but it's pretty tricky if you don't know about it. You can't do it easily in dungeons or in the wild or anywhere else you'd expect, and you also need a special ring. First, get the Ring of Puns. Then, go to the city of That Place. You Know The One. Once there, find at least two back-alley prostitutes close together. Put on your Ring of Puns. It will transform the whores into a horse, and you'll be able to get a sample from them.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 27, 2014, 01:59:35 pm »

I currently have my paleogenerator up and running because of the T-Wasp DNA AoshimaMichio and I collected (thanks again :3). Now i can convert fossils to living creatures, and im planning to generate and train some baby Ankyloscorpions. Is anyone interested? I'm probably going to sell them for 99π/(67^(6/3)+4) Golden Scarab Wings, or anything Egyptian related of the same value, since I'm training my Pharaoh Psalmist skills.

Would you give your assistant some discount? I know an exploit in Tok'ra 4 dungeons that nets you wide range Egyptian themed items. Their total value should be a little less than what you described.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 27, 2014, 02:09:52 pm »

Well, the whores/horse transformation worked, but the Ring of Puns won't turn off.  It's summoned three Punishers, and all they do is tell terrible jokes.  No stat penalties, but it's driving me insane.  Any help?

Also, thanks, eggs received.  Scarabs are incoming through a Field Gate, should be there shortly.  Uh, make sure your end isn't near any arable farmland, mind.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 27, 2014, 02:31:29 pm »

Would you give your assistant some discount? I know an exploit in Tok'ra 4 dungeons that nets you wide range Egyptian themed items. Their total value should be a little less than what you described.
Sure, thanks for helping me again :D.

Also, thanks, eggs received.  Scarabs are incoming through a Field Gate, should be there shortly.  Uh, make sure your end isn't near any arable farmland, mind.
I got the scarabs, they might be the best i've ever seen. Their Wingshine is absolutely gorgeous!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 27, 2014, 04:16:51 pm »

Ah, probably should have told you about the Ring of Puns's other effect. You see, in order to remove the effect, you have to beat a Punisher in a pun-off. Thankfully, they aren't very good, but BEWARE: WHATEVER YOU MAKE A PUN ABOUT WILL APPEAR AGAINST YOU. Making a pun about equipment puts it on the Punisher; a pun about a creature spawns it on the Punisher's side. Once you've beat them ((Marked by them saying, "You beat me, but you won't beat me!")), they'll attack you along with whatever creatures and equipment you got them. They drop some pretty good stuff, too. Or at least they used to.

Keep in mind that they drop 50 pinecones. If you haven't found any yet, and are a newer player, then a bit of story about that. Pinecones used to be the primary currency. However, GGC decided that they didn't like this, and made pinecones become aggressive mobs. They WILL attack you. They aren't strong, but you'll want a LOT of AoE attacks.

Or just don't pick the cones up. Either works.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 27, 2014, 10:59:13 pm »

I don't see why you wouldn't pick them up. Pinecones are still valid currency, albeit a little more difficult to deal with now (they're not valid if you kill them, so you either need some means of capturing them or you need to train them toward whatever merchant or player you mean to give them to).
Glory to Arstotzka!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 28, 2014, 12:17:22 pm »

Yay, finally a new patch!
    Spoiler: Patch notes (click to show/hide)
    I recieved "Lyrae's Iceglow Nymphplatina Halberd", which gives +190 Metal Damage, +20 Sand Damage, +9 Armor and +9 Antimagic. It also has 2 unique passives: "Lyrae's Iceglow: Attacking an enemy with this weapon will give them a stack of Lyrae. When the fifth stack is applied, the target will be stunned for 0.3 seconds." and "Made of Nymphplatina: Enemies that get touched by this weapon will lose 5% of their maximum HP in 5 seconds. This can only occur once every 20 seconds". What did you guys get?
      Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134