Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192832 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1455 on: July 19, 2013, 09:19:37 am »

Sorry for the double post, but I think that this blog post is of a worthy note.
I'm psyched for the introduction of colonial and ancient servers, but classes like Voice Warden and Magic Dancer look cool, too.
And a nerf for the damn Golden Pine Trees, woo! Suck it, pinecone traders and this inflation BS.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1456 on: July 19, 2013, 11:04:40 am »

Just hit land, turns out that giant bump I hit was A huuugge arse wave, this island seems, Incredibly bigger, I think I may have hit main land, i dont think its as small as my other island, but it definitely has A shop! so I planted some coconut saplings, and sold all my coconuts, and then bought A bunch of tools and materials to build MORE stuff, I just finished building A arch-tech reactor, and now I am gonna use that power to build A robotic factory to build constructors to builds stuff, and to mine the area, and judging by the fact there is A surface oil deposit, I think I might be able to go into space in A couple days, just neeed more uranium or fuel for the engines, any other efficent items for fuel?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 19, 2013, 11:12:35 am »

I heard that acid hippopotamus manure makes potent biofuel, but it is not viable at all at the point you're at.

EDIT: You may want to use microbinium. It's somewhat rare, but very efficient and stable. And it doesn't appear all that deep either, which is a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:28:31 am by DarkDXZ »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1458 on: July 19, 2013, 11:25:56 am »

There is A acidic swamplands biome on my main land, will the enemy's be completly over dominating over me? or do I have to sneak around and grab the manure?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 19, 2013, 11:31:19 am »

There is A acidic swamplands biome on my main land, will the enemy's be completly over dominating over me? or do I have to sneak around and grab the manure?

Check my previous post, I made ab edit.
But AFAIK, you can lure the acid hippos with coconut milk, they seem to like it. But again, that's a last resort deal.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1460 on: July 19, 2013, 11:36:53 am »

HUh, so i have TONS of Microbinum, didn't know what it was sued for, and I lured the acid hippopotamus into the manure farm, I have both fuel sources and I just finish the robotics factory, now its building robotics to build the rocket, Any other things I could bring or make for the rocket?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 19, 2013, 11:42:35 am »

Are you making an emergency rocket or a full-sized vessel?
If the latter, then some weapon systems, shields and FTL engine are borderline crucial.

You'd need FTL engine and stellar maps regardless, but weapons never hurt anybody.
Oh, wait...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1462 on: July 19, 2013, 11:43:32 am »

Managed to get an entire fleet of Tantalo Battlecruisers into a single matter diffuser. And I thought it'd be hard to get all the particles I needed to finish constructing the sub-zero calibrator for my triple-barreled galactic freeze ray! Boy was I wrong. The tough part's gonna be moving all the matter one atom at a time. Should take 4000+ in-game years to finish up, but it'll be worth it when all you bums are popsicles and I'm sitting back, yukkin' it up on my throne of ice!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:45:58 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 19, 2013, 11:50:59 am »

So after playing a bit of Voice Warden, I can officially say that it is THE best class since Spellgunner.
You can kill people with the power of a song that you choose, Beat Hazard style. You need Supersonic Modulator and Book of a Million Words, though. And those are fairly expensive.

Here is a video of me rolling the Enigma Tower with DragonForce music spells.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1464 on: July 19, 2013, 12:24:53 pm »

In spaccee, mining up some materails, landed on A diffrent planet when A NPC with a hammer in A truck flying of A ridge named "space asshole landed on my mining facility, destroying it and hten left, Who is he?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 19, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »

In spaccee, mining up some materails, landed on A diffrent planet when A NPC with a hammer in A truck flying of A ridge named "space asshole landed on my mining facility, destroying it and hten left, Who is he?

I think this guy procs a certain questline, but I don't want to spoil too much.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 19, 2013, 01:17:29 pm »

I'm psyched for the introduction of colonial and ancient servers, but classes like Voice Warden and Magic Dancer look cool, too.
And a nerf for the damn Golden Pine Trees, woo! Suck it, pinecone traders and this inflation BS.
You totally messed up the link there. This is more like it. And, yeah, that's some pretty cool stuff, but I'm more interested in the bit at the end, where they talk about what they'll be working on next. I think the "blasts from the past" that Jorts is not-so-subtly hinting about are the Popcorn Mystic and the Libations Theurge, respectively.

Now, obviously they're going to have to majorly nerf the Popcorn Mystic to keep it from owning absolutely everything; it's going to be a tough job, since most of that class's appeal was in just how overpowered it was, but I think Jorts is capable of pulling it off. The Libations Theurge is another matter, though. When it was first introduced, being able to turn any liquid into holy alcohol was a huge thing, but gradually they introduced more and better magic alcohols, to the point where holy liquors just couldn't compete anymore, especially considering the fact that you can't get a holy version of Diabolic Ultra Vodka. I'll just say I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they manage to turn it into a viable class again.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 19, 2013, 01:40:06 pm »

You totally messed up the link there. This is more like it. And, yeah, that's some pretty cool stuff, but I'm more interested in the bit at the end, where they talk about what they'll be working on next. I think the "blasts from the past" that Jorts is not-so-subtly hinting about are the Popcorn Mystic and the Libations Theurge, respectively.

Now, obviously they're going to have to majorly nerf the Popcorn Mystic to keep it from owning absolutely everything; it's going to be a tough job, since most of that class's appeal was in just how overpowered it was, but I think Jorts is capable of pulling it off. The Libations Theurge is another matter, though. When it was first introduced, being able to turn any liquid into holy alcohol was a huge thing, but gradually they introduced more and better magic alcohols, to the point where holy liquors just couldn't compete anymore, especially considering the fact that you can't get a holy version of Diabolic Ultra Vodka. I'll just say I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they manage to turn it into a viable class again.

At least it will be better than Master Chef at release.
JESUS, this class was horrible!

Sure, it is somewhat okay at the moment, but seeing CC players at that time was simply pathetic.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 19, 2013, 01:52:33 pm »

Personally I hope they buff the Hitchhiker class. Limiting them to using towels as weapons might be funny, but since they get virtually no attack bonuses or useful skills they're pretty much useless at the moment.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 19, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »

Personally I hope they buff the Hitchhiker class. Limiting them to using towels as weapons might be funny, but since they get virtually no attack bonuses or useful skills they're pretty much useless at the moment.
I think you're majorly underestimating them. Sure, Hitchhikers suck at fighting, but if you're playing a Hitcher right, you'll get in very few actual physical conflicts, and be able to come up with a quick way out of the fight if you do. The towel for them is really just meant to be used as a last-ditch resort, though there are some modifications you make to it to turn it into a viable weapon (which is a practice most veteran Hitcher's tend to frown on). The towel is more of a general utility tool that happens to have a combat feature among it's many hundreds of others.

Now the thing that really limits the Hitchhiker class is the fact that they can't spend more than 30 pinecones a day. Sure, that's gotten better with the recent inflation, and the fact that they can get huge discounts and in some cases waive costs or offer alternative payment, but that only gets you so far, and it takes quite the improbable circumstances for a Hitchhiker to get to positions of high power. Though, oddly enough, there are quite a lot more of them in such positions than one would think statistically possible. That may have something to do with the fact that Hitchers have possibly the highest luck stat out of any class.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:25:56 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 134