Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 193042 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1125 on: March 16, 2013, 07:44:46 pm »

I've got a flock already, I got Crowstorm before because of the limited quest. Pinecone doesn't do much for me, because I've got a build based on burst damage, not mana regen.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 16, 2013, 07:48:26 pm »

You should get Lich's Woe, definitely. It costs a lot but it instantly kills the target and makes their corpse into a minion. If you have a stealthy enough character, you can just ambush enemies and build up a small army. I got over 100 corpses following me around once. You can even use Lifeless Perseverance to make them stick around longer if you want, which is a good idea since they have a pretty strict time limit before they 'die' again.
Nothing important here, move along.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 16, 2013, 07:49:48 pm »

I'm not stealthy enough. DoCG's are built around doing burst and support.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 16, 2013, 07:50:55 pm »

So I've been playing on the Fantasy Post-Apoc servers, decided to go with "Child of the Dark Gods" with the "Despair" alignment cos it reminds me of Dishonored. I need to ask though: what makes Swarm of Rats worth it? I mean, there's tons of em sure but they do terrible damage and they're useless against people with flamethrowers. Where should I use them to make the best of them?

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 16, 2013, 07:51:55 pm »

Then use the regen to create a stable portal channel to a powerful lacuna. You can use the vacuum effect for crowd control while you sling away with despair. The benefit of all of those crows feeding you power is just too much to pass up.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 16, 2013, 07:53:58 pm »

Wrong class...that's the Despairmancer.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 16, 2013, 07:54:39 pm »

Which is basically the same as my class really.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 16, 2013, 07:56:18 pm »

People waste so many credits in the name of science.
I say doing science is never a waste of credits. Better than just using them to blow people up. Though you do want to make sure you have enough missiles stockpiled before you post your results online, or people will use your knowledge against you.

I've given up on the sci-fi servers totally.

I'm mainly on the Arthera server, the fantasy server. Playing as a Disciple of the Crow God, what do you advise I get? I have Crow's Despair and Scholar's Repast, what do I need next in spells?

Any advice on equips?
For the love of the Crow God, don't learn anymore spells; that just makes the Crow God angry. It is a little counter-intuitive, as the class gives you spells when you level up, but what you need to do is, every time you level up and are about to choose your spells, quit the client, go into your IGYNPADCA folder and find the Saves subfolder, then delete every even numbered save. When you log back in, everything should be fine, other than your screen being purple, but you can solve that by biting off your left pinkie toe in game (it will grow back every time you do this). Then what you need to do is track down Raven totems. They're much better than spells and won't make your god mad.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 16, 2013, 08:03:25 pm »

Actually the "Crow God getting angry from giving you gifts" thing is a bug that was fixed last version. Just update your client and it should be okay.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 16, 2013, 08:04:44 pm »

So I just started a new game as an Ancestral Blood Seer, with the Apex Varicose Swirl Morse Slash skill. I went to section 16 of the Bloodquest, and attacked the BloodBoss with my skill, but it isn't doing anything! Help!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 16, 2013, 08:06:30 pm »

It's invunerable to typical blood seer powers: that's the point. You have to activate the blood runes with your Rune Opening power which will cause the runes to start firing blood lasers at it, killing it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 16, 2013, 08:08:01 pm »

Actually the "Crow God getting angry from giving you gifts" thing is a bug that was fixed last version. Just update your client and it should be okay.
Man, I take a break from this game for a couple of months and the devs start taking all the challenge out of this game. Next thing I know you're going to tell me they just let you use the options menu.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 16, 2013, 08:09:51 pm »

So I've been playing on the Fantasy Post-Apoc servers, decided to go with "Child of the Dark Gods" with the "Despair" alignment cos it reminds me of Dishonored. I need to ask though: what makes Swarm of Rats worth it? I mean, there's tons of em sure but they do terrible damage and they're useless against people with flamethrowers. Where should I use them to make the best of them?
Try using one of the meta-magic feats on the swarm. You have to dump them in a node for it to work, but you can admixture them with sonic energy. Then they can basically shut down a midsized tank with enough time. Just make sure no-none has a slam crown, because that tends to make them glitch out and enter genocide mode.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 16, 2013, 08:11:03 pm »

Hey, I think it's good the new guys on the dev team the new production company let on are doing good things for the game. There's a lot more people on the servers and a lot less crashing, but since the original guys are still here it's still as good as before.

Try using one of the meta-magic feats on the swarm. You have to dump them in a node for it to work, but you can admixture them with sonic energy. Then they can basically shut down a midsized tank with enough time. Just make sure no-none has a slam crown, because that tends to make them glitch out and enter genocide mode.

Eh, meta-magic may be really really huge and amazing but it takes a long time to recharge. I'll give it a try anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 16, 2013, 08:16:24 pm »

Man, that new fantasy planet.
The new quest system is great, but those beholder molarmages won't give my Insanomancer a  break. I can't even equip my power gloves.
Are there any recipes I can make from the Afterrealm for an emergency teleporter? I have the flux gyrator and the gristle assimilator, but I forgot to buy rivetrons.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 134