Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 193035 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1110 on: September 09, 2012, 12:08:26 pm »

I can take care of the demon with my duality master. It's a pretty anti-infantry mercenary build, and well, it goes for demons, too.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 09, 2012, 12:33:49 pm »

What? Are there only two of us with Mystics or Wizards or Shamans? I mean, here, of course. Back on the server, there's a few bane-towers set up on the perimeter. If you would just give us some more time, we could fix this, with no explosions, only exorcisms.

Well, I'm an Inflitrator so...you guys have fun.

Though I guess you could contact some of my Clan, 'Sumoikuk', they'd be able to help out. The only thing is it's mainly a Swedish based clan, so I hope your translator is updated.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 09, 2012, 12:34:41 pm »

What? Are there only two of us with Mystics or Wizards or Shamans? I mean, here, of course. Back on the server, there's a few bane-towers set up on the perimeter. If you would just give us some more time, we could fix this, with no explosions, only exorcisms.

Well, I'm an Inflitrator so...you guys have fun.

Though I guess you could contact some of my Clan, 'Sumoikuk', they'd be able to help out. The only thing is it's mainly a Swedish based clan, so I hope your translator is updated.

... Why do I always forget these things? Updating now.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 09, 2012, 12:41:02 pm »

I can take care of the demon with my duality master. It's a pretty anti-infantry mercenary build, and well, it goes for demons, too.
Demons. As in a gate to the eternal gash has been rended unto the universe. As in balrogs, and tigrets, and Satan, oh my!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #1114 on: September 16, 2012, 10:46:06 pm »

I hear a rumor that next patch they might combine the fantasy and sci-fi servers, making all the Realms physical locations in the sci-fi universe.

I'm not sure what to think of that. Can you imagine what it would do to a Dust Wizard's DPS if he got hold of a tachyon emiter?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 17, 2012, 07:41:02 am »

I hear a rumor that next patch they might combine the fantasy and sci-fi servers, making all the Realms physical locations in the sci-fi universe.

I'm not sure what to think of that. Can you imagine what it would do to a Dust Wizard's DPS if he got hold of a tachyon emiter?

Been preparing for that patch with a continuously enlarging fleet of one-man bombers with 10 planet busters each. Always disliked the fantasy servers.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 17, 2012, 03:37:21 pm »

Been preparing for that patch with a continuously enlarging fleet of one-man bombers with 10 planet busters each. Always disliked the fantasy servers.

My Clock Gnome Explodomancer would like to have a word with you. :P

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 17, 2012, 05:01:00 pm »

I'm thinking they'll give the fantasy servers a massive boost to stop exactly that. Maybe magical shields.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 18, 2012, 12:14:36 pm »

I'm thinking they'll give the fantasy servers a massive boost to stop exactly that. Maybe magical shields.
Trans universal time distortion. Ie, the fantasy servers will be placed in the same universe as the sci fi ones, but there will be a few million years delay between those. Watch out for paradoxes.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 16, 2013, 05:20:40 pm »

((NECROOOO))

So after that incident back in August with my Earth Mage (I got put on my planet's hall of fame, it was so fun), I played a few melee characters and a carpathian ranger before coming back to the magic classes. Started out as a life-mage, got up to around level 35 and got a space visa early (The usual method, bribing the space customs centaur three times and then offering him swiss cheese). I sold my base, bought a small frigate and set out on the stars.

Most people, when they get their space visa, immediately start the diplomacy or military quest lines, or one of the multiple sub-quest lines. I decided to start on he old classic under diplomacy, the genetic engineering quest line. Fun times.

So two ships, one colony and twenty levels later I had supravolved a local monitor lizard race on #3055 into my own personal army.

Remember how everyone always says that life classes are pussy ass bitches who can't hurt anything?

Me and my army built a fleet and now we control system 536 in the Libra galaxy.

Any other system fleets in the area are welcome to open up diplomatic lines.

We are the army of Life. Prepare to be assimilated.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 16, 2013, 06:20:23 pm »

There's an easier way to get the space visa, actually. You need a Metix-brand taser, though, and I've heard the price on them has been rising because of worries that they're going to stop dropping as loot in the next update or two. Basically, you just show the centaur the taser and he'll offer you a visa for it. DO NOT point it at him, though, that'll get the entire spaceport security all over you. I lost two characters after I accidentally pressed the wrong button, I really wish they'd let you rebind those keys.

Anyway, the reason life classes get the bad rep is because of stupid nubs who don't know how to heal right accidentally letting things die. Most of them don't even know about the resurrection glitch, so they all end up wasting their mana and then whining about it on global.
Nothing important here, move along.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 16, 2013, 06:47:32 pm »

There's an easier way to get the space visa, actually. You need a Metix-brand taser, though, and I've heard the price on them has been rising because of worries that they're going to stop dropping as loot in the next update or two. Basically, you just show the centaur the taser and he'll offer you a visa for it. DO NOT point it at him, though, that'll get the entire spaceport security all over you. I lost two characters after I accidentally pressed the wrong button, I really wish they'd let you rebind those keys.

Anyway, the reason life classes get the bad rep is because of stupid nubs who don't know how to heal right accidentally letting things die. Most of them don't even know about the resurrection glitch, so they all end up wasting their mana and then whining about it on global.
Man, they're removing the taser? That was my favorite weapon. I can't blame them, though. If you manage to get the Obfuscix Charger Matrix, you can pretty much curbstomp anything in Mach 7.
Are they removing the mark 9 too, or just the mark 8?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 16, 2013, 07:34:23 pm »

Looks like the fantasy planet was added in.  Some kind of anomaly is surrounding the planet protecting it.  My capital ship's sensors indicate it's something temporal related, but my ship's a military ship, not a science cruiser, I can't get much more information than that.

Whatever it is it's protecting the planet quite well.  I've been sitting around cloaked in orbit around the next planet into the system using the solar interference to boost my cloak and I've already seen 6 different players ftl in and try to blast it.  So far no dice.  Weapons disappear when they reach the barrier.  I even saw a player fire a couple of those low damage teleporting torpedoes, they warped towards the planet and were never seen again. Nothing happened on the planet.

People waste so many credits in the name of science.

EDIT: I imagine if they don't remove the mark 9 they'll nerf it into the ground.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 16, 2013, 07:38:09 pm »

I've given up on the sci-fi servers totally.

I'm mainly on the Arthera server, the fantasy server. Playing as a Disciple of the Crow God, what do you advise I get? I have Crow's Despair and Scholar's Repast, what do I need next in spells?

Any advice on equips?

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 16, 2013, 07:43:27 pm »

You need to build up a flock before you can really use the DoCG. Try getting a pinecone seed scatterer. Then you can use the extra mana regen to project a pretty much constant shield or turn yourself into a living siege cannon. I think that's how they power the barrier right now. My hologram conjurer is investigating.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134