Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192880 times)

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #645 on: May 03, 2012, 06:26:20 pm »

Protip: You can always just beg some buffs off of a Rabbinical Navigator in these types of situations. They'll be happy to help you, their daily XP is capped by the number of mitzvahs they can perform and they get some crazy modifiers and rare class items for getting obscure combos. Just don't expect any help on the Sabbath.   

Edit: Oh, and whatever they you do, don't piss them off! The amusing anecdote AOE has -98 to all resistences. Good fucking luck dodging that, you'll be stun-laughed for dayz. Shame they removed the laughs-up-lungs feature though.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:29:46 pm by Wayward Device »
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 03, 2012, 06:58:53 pm »

So I just started the game and I was eaten by a giant colossal penguin beast, as a penguin... Is there any runes to counter cannibalism?
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 03, 2012, 07:11:44 pm »

Since the server wipe, I've decided to take the opportunity to try out some other classes. Right now I'm playing a Quaffmeister. Not only do they have one of the highest potion quaffing speeds in the game ( .0075 of a second compared to the normal .0076 of a second), but they can drink alcoholic beverages in battle without being interrupted by attacks. Also, apparently sometime near epic they get access to the Ocean Quaffer ability (not quite as impressive as it sounds, it just creates a bubble of air while in liquid that is tangent to the Quaffmeister's lips, but the cool thing about it is that, due to a bug, it works on anything that the game counts as liquid, which includes potent acid and lava.)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 04, 2012, 10:11:15 am »

Meh, still have my piloting skills. Just need to find the frigging frigate.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 04, 2012, 04:32:00 pm »

Since the server wipe, I've decided to take the opportunity to try out some other classes. Right now I'm playing a Quaffmeister. Not only do they have one of the highest potion quaffing speeds in the game ( .0075 of a second compared to the normal .0076 of a second), but they can drink alcoholic beverages in battle without being interrupted by attacks. Also, apparently sometime near epic they get access to the Ocean Quaffer ability (not quite as impressive as it sounds, it just creates a bubble of air while in liquid that is tangent to the Quaffmeister's lips, but the cool thing about it is that, due to a bug, it works on anything that the game counts as liquid, which includes potent acid and lava.)

And since the 4529A.111209 patch, due to some sloppy programing syntax, the concept of justice counts as a liquid too.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 04, 2012, 06:54:39 pm »

Wait, was that before or after they switched the numbering to base 7? It was worth it though to get connecting blocks back for steam airships. I've never been so mobile since I wrote 232455466755 on the side in red paint.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 06, 2012, 11:39:13 am »

Wow, I didn't realise this thread was here. I have loved this game for ages. Never really got into the sci-fi servers, though, and looking back into the thread, i'm kinda glad.

I heard they were coming out with a new expansion, though. Called something like "Depths of Ynnud"? I heard you cold use scrolls to jump between worlds and that it was more puzzle focused, rather than combat.

Anyone else know anything about this?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 06, 2012, 11:55:18 am »

I heard about it a couple days ago on POSTIT.fake.com, supposed to have something involved with cthulhu too.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 06, 2012, 11:58:31 am »

just a moment ago.

also, some randomer came up to me and asked 'what is the value of X in logX-log5+3=log(X+4)'

damn these bosses are hard.
Did the math, I'm pretty sure that X would be undefined.
If you know their weaknesses it is much easier.

I'm trying to woo one of those demi-human huntresses with a female char, is it possible or what?

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 06, 2012, 01:15:09 pm »

Um, I think they need to be given Cyan Pansies before anyone can woo them.
channel = #bay12lb

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 06, 2012, 01:32:37 pm »

just a moment ago.

also, some randomer came up to me and asked 'what is the value of X in logX-log5+3=log(X+4)'

damn these bosses are hard.
Did the math, I'm pretty sure that X would be undefined.
If you know their weaknesses it is much easier.

I'm trying to woo one of those demi-human huntresses with a female char, is it possible or what?

Nope.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=logX-log5%2B3%3Dlog%28X%2B4%29

It's about -8

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 06, 2012, 01:44:08 pm »

Wolfram calced it wrong, I assume the question was (Log10(X))-(Log10(5))+(3)=(Log10(X+4)), wolfram used: (Log10(X))-(Log5(3))=(Log10(X+4))
Looking again my original calculation I accidently X^3 instead of 10^3 so the answer is 4/199 which is roughly 0.020.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 06, 2012, 05:54:32 pm »

Re: Demi-human Huntress: Yeah, I just tried with my Human Female Dark Sorceress, and the Cyan Pansies worked. Now I have two lovers :P

By the way, I checked, and Depths of Ynnud is a go. It launches on the 8th. So exciting.
channel = #bay12lb

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 07, 2012, 09:53:28 am »

Sweet. I can finally get my hands on the Venomdancer armor I need for my Chaosmancer at the moment. My frigging Venomancer staff needs Poison-type armor to work, and seeing as Venomdancer armor seems to be the best choice....

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 07, 2012, 03:27:17 pm »

But doesn't Venomdancer armor poison you when you wear it?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 134