Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192780 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #510 on: March 24, 2012, 06:46:02 am »

Yes! Operation Massive Blackhole was a success. Mostly. Managed to destroy 3 Capital ships and damaged 4 enough they're not going to pose a threat against a capital ship of near-equal strength.

Escaped in my #execute.missile. AbrasiveSavant is now pissed at me and is cursing alot in steam chat, for destroying 100,000,000+ worth of stuff. Guy is absurdly rich, right?

Of course, he still has 41 (not counting his flagship) capital ships in his arsenal and a metric s**tton of fighters docked in each of them.

They also managed to chaosform a planet and its nearby moon in the process. So far, we are on the losing side.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 24, 2012, 07:05:04 am »

Calling in all my favors.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please meet Troy, Thermopylae, and Alamo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think we'll be all right. Also got a second Capital fleet (roughly 50 ships) warping in with them as well. Everyone in the fleet is heavy RP, Order-aligned. Failing a second traitor in command, we should be all right.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:08:17 am by dragonshardz »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 24, 2012, 07:12:04 am »

Please please bring a ton of gravity negators to protect your ships. They have blackhole guns that ignore non-gravitational shielding and deals a ton of hull damage per shot.

Also, I managed to hack 3 astral turnips into this server. They still have their buff effects, and strangely, they apply directly to your ship.

Who wants some?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2012, 07:17:21 am »

Please please bring a ton of gravity negators to protect your ships. They have blackhole guns that ignore non-gravitational shielding and deals a ton of hull damage per shot.

Also, I managed to hack 3 astral turnips into this server. They still have their buff effects, and strangely, they apply directly to your ship.

Who wants some?

The sheer mass of the 3 battlestations acts as a gravity negator, and I'm pretty sure they can quickly retask one of the ten fabbers inside each one to make 'em.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2012, 08:10:04 am »

Bam bam and bam! Shot down 5 frigates, but I'm taking bad damage. Need backup around the Namara Belt!

Also, anyone who has participated in this battle will recieve a free Devo-class ship of their choice and 50000 credits, as well as a special achievement. Yes, even the developers want this done with.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 24, 2012, 08:27:01 am »

Bam bam and bam! Shot down 5 frigates, but I'm taking bad damage. Need backup around the Namara Belt!

Also, anyone who has participated in this battle will recieve a free Devo-class ship of their choice and 50000 credits, as well as a special achievement. Yes, even the developers want this done with.

I read the press release, and it is literally anyone who participated in this battle - even the chaosformers. I've noticed before the devs love this sort of thing (see; the Mirroch Bay fiasco on the fantasy servers). Still good news.

Btw, I was picked up someone (uhh, who of you was it?) and am now doing boarding. Me and a team of low-level players have almost taken over a missile corvette that got separated, I'll let you know if/when we succeed.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 24, 2012, 09:48:41 am »

If you've found and collected a heap of microchip looking wreckage with something barely resembling a cockpit in the middle, that's me.

Got shot by a blackhole sphere, darn it!

Now I'm stuck without a ship :c

E: Reading through the forums, it seems this chaosformer thing is being recorded in Igynpedia, and apparently, most if not all of the major ingame companies have joined the chaosformers' side.

Of note is that Sinister Inc is supposedly making a weapon (new feature added in this spontaneous event) the Reality Ripper, a gigantic cannon to be mounted on Sinister's flagship Ragnarok.

They said those guys have been exploiting the mechanics to stack and add all of the effects of all the weapons in the game. And it has an ungodly 132,090,000 DPS, and a blast radius of 100km. Everything will be vaporized.

Fortunately there's no news about them developing shields that can resist that and generators that can handle that powerful of a weapon. At least, not yet.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:55:04 am by New Guy »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 24, 2012, 09:58:25 am »

So...its:

An admin and a rag-tag fleet
VS
Chaosformers and the ingame companies

I have also acquired the help of Chaos Planeswalkers.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 24, 2012, 10:01:28 am »

And Sinister Inc has been trustworthy since... when? Remember their (err, the Sinister Council's) claims about breaking the High Temples on the fantasy servers. It was total bullshit, but the devs shut the area down to seek out the 'exploits' they'd used.

I don't doubt we're screwed, though. But being an underdog is always fun.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 24, 2012, 10:07:19 am »

Well, there's that. But what if they're actually covering something behind that, if in case it isn't true. They might be making a Ship Override System, one that can hijack everything with no actual hacking involved, and it's true that they have a metric f**kton of credits at their disposal.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2012, 10:27:37 am »

Folks, this just got a lot more interesting. After finally killing the crew of that cap ship, I brought in my own ship. MY class is bad for pilots, but that's not the point- my class combo gave me the weapon "Adamantine Vein" as a reference to Dwarf Fortress. I'm going to fire it out in the middle of their fleet... and they took the bait. They broke it open, poor suckers.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2012, 10:35:54 am »

Did the hollow core of the vein act as a jumpgate for indestructible demonic ships? Because that'd be fun.

Oh wait, did I say indestructible? Oh no, nonono...

If they get their hands on the chaosformer ships...

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2012, 02:09:13 pm »

On the plus side, we've just accumulated enough narraturgical power for me to get a quest to find a powerful ancient artifact. The only problem is, Moon Linguists as a class are banned from owning or piloting spaceships or using anything other than simple or artifact weaponry. So I'm going to need someone to fly me to the fabled Tlanega system, and a crew of ground combatants to fight whatever we may find there. Also, we may want to all be in the same ship, because, as part of this quest, any ship I'm not on has a increasingly greater and greater chance of being blown up the longer they are in or near the party.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 24, 2012, 02:15:49 pm »

Kadzar, I can bypass said ban with admin commands. You have command of my spare Devomor corvette. Also, I got some other admins and a dev to join in the fight. This fight is reaching the dystopian and fantasy servers.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 24, 2012, 02:27:15 pm »

No demon ships, just demons. Look at them go.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 134