Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192509 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2012, 09:45:40 pm »

I really hope they keep the Demi-Penguin Template. They give a really nice Cuteness bonus.

Another class I really like is the Cyber Monk. Especially for that one power that lets them download an enemy's consciousness with a punch. It takes a lot to set up, but boy is it worth it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »

I've pretty much cornered the dust golem market with speculation and some pretty sweet insider trading on hammers_rocks (the head space guy up on Sector 11). Anybody who wants in better get in, because we're probably going to crash the whole market in a few days. I'm usually on a slime sector, because I typically do essence trading. The only kobold with Cor***.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »

So I got through Sector 15 today and returned home to find a massive Golem standing in front of my house.

I just walked between his legs and then the screen went black. Next thing I knew, my template had been set to Mechanized instead of Humanoid.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2012, 10:21:35 pm »

Oi, you musta accidentally challenged the Proto-Golem. He's a nasty sucker. and trying to fight him with a Human Dust Mage ( as I learned) is NOT fun.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2012, 10:23:24 pm »

The screen going black is definitely a bug, but, otherwise, it just sounds like the Golem set down an Assimilation Screen that you must have gone through without realizing it. Possibly because the screen was invisible, which is a known bug.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:25:09 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2012, 10:29:27 pm »

Did you stick dremdador locks on all your stuff? I have a feeling somebody posi-clipped into your house and stuck the golem there and your screen death was from the the game area distortion from the clipping.
Hey, does anybody know how much stuff they cut out from single player in multi? I've seen a few items in multi I've never seen before, and then some of the more complex items ( the coniferous accelerator) being changed or, in the case of the process caster, completely gone. What gives?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2012, 10:35:29 pm »

Multiplayer has new map areas. The process caster is in the fifteenth water nexus now instead of the Fire Mountains, and the Coniferous accelerator has an upgraded model that is the same thing as single-player, in the Azrblan Factory.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2012, 10:41:28 pm »

Did you stick dremdador locks on all your stuff? I have a feeling somebody posi-clipped into your house and stuck the golem there and your screen death was from the the game area distortion from the clipping.

Hey, does anybody know how much stuff they cut out from single player in multi? I've seen a few items in multi I've never seen before, and then some of the more complex items ( the coniferous accelerator) being changed or, in the case of the process caster, completely gone. What gives?

Yeah, I've got dremdadors on everything that can be locked. I'm actually kinda liking being a Golem now, apparently they have a lot of cool buffs - no hunger or thirst, they have infinite stamina, etc. Only downside is you lose the use of any food-related magic, including potions, and anything with a Rust power can OHK you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2012, 11:01:10 pm »

I've heard on that you can minimize Rust damage with Galvanizing Powder, but the effect only lasts a few minutes, so it's really only useful if you know you're about to face something with a Rust power. Apparently being Bronzed gives you permanent protection, but I'm not exactly sure how you get that.
Glory to Arstotzka!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2012, 11:06:12 pm »

I've heard on that you can minimize Rust damage with Galvanizing Powder, but the effect only lasts a few minutes, so it's really only useful if you know you're about to face something with a Rust power. Apparently being Bronzed gives you permanent protection, but I'm not exactly sure how you get that.

You need to have a fairly high stealth score, and then find the sculptor in the Metropolis zone (I forget the name). You commission a bronze cast statue of yourself from him, and then sneak into the casting factory and replace yourself with the clay statue right before it gets fired.
Be careful, though, if you get caught the guards are an incredibly high level and no amount of social scores, be they Cute or Scary, will help dissuade them from attacking.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2012, 12:27:23 am »

Where do I find Astral Turnips? I need one to make a totem for my Shrine to Demeter (to help with growing Amnesia Barley).
Glory to Arstotzka!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2012, 12:37:46 am »

Patch Notes 13/3/12 (version 9099_A_wizard_did_it)

You will need to re-install, but saves are still valid.

DOWNLOAD NEW INSTALLER

- Updated versioning scheme. (Now it's alphabetically named off of tropes)
- DRM replaced with secret decoder ring
- Pinecones devalued: All pinecone transactions divided by 100, rounded up to the nearest integer, then decremented by a random decimal.
- Famine Ghoul/Foodomancy exploit patched
- Double Reverse Secret Quintuple Agent exploit patched partially. We think. Maybe. Or was it?
- Removed Brine Heroes
- Added new leveling option. Hemiclassing; compliments Multiclassing. Costs half as much, counts as half a level.
- Updatedae Ocalizationlay Ilesfay
- Ungulates now drop four hooves instead of five. They still have five legs, of course.
- Isles of Enchantar DLC patched: Now no longer costs money.
- Space Station Management Panel devalued
- Dust type effects now weak against Devil/Buster type effects
- BUG: If your character holds seven jellyrock tablets in your left hand while under the effect of the invert chroma spell, then drops the items, fast-travels to Highcordia, Lazenbaugh, Aquazia, and finally the starting town (Lesser Dirtstick), in that order, before completing stage 7 of the Princess of Infinite Space quest, then enter the tavern The Trusty Bunghole and poke the Gristly Dwarf with any type of enchanted striking stone, then he will skip the first line of dialogue (He introduces himself as "Just some gristly little dwarf trying to get a drink). It took six weeks, but it's fixed now.
- Removed all sources of Frost Powder for balance reasons.
- Tachyon Cannons and Black Hole Generators required to build 'W' menu items (Wells, Walls, Walrus Pens, Weeping Willow Woods, the Whitehouse, ect.)
- Fire of Scrying will stop demanding players sacrifice live chickens. We really didn't know how that function call was even working...
- Astroliths reverse telefragging.
- Astral Turnips removed from Lesser and Greater Dirtstick, Highcorida, all "woods" types regions, and all shops. Try and find them now!

Known Issues:
- Cash Store still exists. Three engineers have already gone mad trying to figure out how we accidentally authored an entire internet-based webstore. As far as we can tell, it's in the part of the code that allows windows to be resized.
- Windows still can't be resized.
- New issue: Triple Reverse Secret Quintuple Agent may be overpowered.
- Entering an area with enemies with a weapon equipped still causes the game to crash and delete random files. Still working on this one.
- DO NOT open any doors in the Labyrinth.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:41:25 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2012, 12:42:14 am »

- Astral Turnips removed from Lesser and Greater Dirtstick, Highcorida, all "woods" types regions, and all shops. Try and find them now!

What? I placed all of my farms and investments over those areas! What'll happen to my astral turnip farms now? D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2012, 12:59:26 am »

They didn't mention the DeathCaves. I remember seeing a couple in there.

Be sure to bring LOTS of Resist Death potions.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2012, 01:08:53 am »

Hey, they lied about the Brine Heroes. I'm just starting and I think I saw one on the Boon Trail.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 134