Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192480 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2012, 08:52:48 pm »

I dug into the code, and s/he has a randomizing script that chooses from many portraits. Don't worry, stats are always the same.
1/10000 times you see him, it will be in the form of an Epic boss, with Shiny Class drops.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2012, 08:54:30 pm »

Wait. Waitwaitwait. This game has references to mythology? I think I'm gonna squee.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2012, 08:54:41 pm »

Did you guys know if you jump on the pyramid of crates on the Armory Balcony in Sector 3-2 and go left, you can get to a glitched-out unfinished arena?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2012, 08:55:29 pm »

Huh. I found that using Dust Cloud stopped th explosion from killing me, though barely. I love the Dust Mage class.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2012, 08:58:39 pm »

lol dust is ya race not ya class n00b :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2012, 08:59:30 pm »

No, you're confusing it with the Dust template. There's a class for people who want to stay humanoid.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2012, 09:00:39 pm »

I did find out that hitting F brings up the spacestation management menu, which will be nice once I hit level 32.
It's not implemented yet. Man, sometimes I hate playing betas...

Geez, I need more Rainbow Blocks, everything costs so much in the shops.
Sell the pinecones, dude.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2012, 09:02:29 pm »

No, you're confusing it with the Dust template. There's a class for people who want to stay humanoid.
There's templates? Could somebody provide me with a list? I'm considering mucking around with them with my next character.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2012, 09:04:44 pm »

Spoiler: OOC @V (click to show/hide)

You're supposed to make it feel better. @Tutorial

@Unicorns

Babies are delivered by storks, which only live in the high mountains. They're quite far away from the Cult.
I tried to go there before, but you can't get to the High Mountains without a Ski Lift Pass (or flying pet). It costs so much, and I can't beat the quest to earn unlimited Ski Lift usage! Ugh! I guess I'll just have to put off the summoning of the Demon Unicorn.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
If you have a really high Seduce skill, you should try seducing Chet, who you can find in the country club. Once you get enough successes to become his Love Interest, he'll invite you to the Ski Lodge, and from there it's easy to get to the High Mountains. Just make sure you don't drink any martinis he offers you while you're there.

As for the discussion on races/classes, my favorite class is the Gourmancer, because you get to cast spells by eating.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2012, 09:08:15 pm »

You become an unstoppable engine of war if you take the Famine Ghoul template, dip into Foodmancy for three levels and then become a Gourmancer. You'll never become full so your spellcasting is only limited by your food. 3 lvls of Foodmancer lets you make Gourmet Food from mana. Gourmancer lets you make mana from food. Profit!! Expect this to be fixed though.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2012, 09:10:41 pm »

Frankly, I just like the class for the flavor of it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2012, 09:15:33 pm »

Frankly, I just like the class for the flavor of it.

*Squints*

I see what you did there.

Also, a list of templates good for a beginner, please? Somebody? Anybody?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2012, 09:17:43 pm »

Since the devs are working on templates more than most things, a list would be useless, as they're changing and being added every day.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2012, 09:19:07 pm »

Spoiler: OOC @V (click to show/hide)

You're supposed to make it feel better. @Tutorial

@Unicorns

Babies are delivered by storks, which only live in the high mountains. They're quite far away from the Cult.
I tried to go there before, but you can't get to the High Mountains without a Ski Lift Pass (or flying pet). It costs so much, and I can't beat the quest to earn unlimited Ski Lift usage! Ugh! I guess I'll just have to put off the summoning of the Demon Unicorn.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
If you have a really high Seduce skill, you should try seducing Chet, who you can find in the country club. Once you get enough successes to become his Love Interest, he'll invite you to the Ski Lodge, and from there it's easy to get to the High Mountains. Just make sure you don't drink any martinis he offers you while you're there.

As for the discussion on races/classes, my favorite class is the Gourmancer, because you get to cast spells by eating.
An alternate path to the High Mountains is to find Ricky the Rat in Sector 32, and purchase a pipe and skunk-plant off him. Combine the two in your mixalizer, and then use the resulting "bowl" item. A pass should appear in your inventory.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2012, 09:39:42 pm »

Also, a list of templates good for a beginner, please? Somebody? Anybody?

There are going to be 6 Templates I believe. Semi-Material (Dusts, Shadows), Humanoid (Human), and Hunger (Famine Ghouls, Hunger Golems) are set in stone, but the others have uncertian futures.

Edit: God, the more I play the update, the more I realize Shadows got nerfed. A bit too much, in my opinion. They suck at everything other then Stealth and Quick Attacks.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:43:20 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 134