Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 189206 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 07:24:53 pm »

Guys remember to set up your waste pipe network properly, lost my last base to a bunch of level 22 giant space flies

Two things: first, make sure you set it up early. That way you can set up a system of grates and oscillating doors to keep the network from being backed up before the space flies. Second, if you don't get it set up fast enough, make sure you set up vermin-turrets near the exits and keep them upgraded.

EDIT:
All it adds is a nazi pirate faction and playable santa.
Not true! They also added in a bunch of new hats and the 'sky pirate' class.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2012, 07:49:15 pm »

Guys remember to set up your waste pipe network properly, lost my last base to a bunch of level 22 giant space flies

Two things: first, make sure you set it up early. That way you can set up a system of grates and oscillating doors to keep the network from being backed up before the space flies. Second, if you don't get it set up fast enough, make sure you set up vermin-turrets near the exits and keep them upgraded.

EDIT:
All it adds is a nazi pirate faction and playable santa.
Not true! They also added in a bunch of new hats and the 'sky pirate' class.

I was wondering why Santa was a Sky Pirate. I didn't realize they were in the same pack.

So I was going to ask, what did everyone think of the plot, anyway? I mean, I got the whole Hall of the Inverted Mountain King quest line... but the Chosen One of the Laser Sword Monks line was terrible. Well, I guess the last half was good, but the first half just had such terrible acting and that whole melodrama romance...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:51:57 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 07:50:54 pm »

Meh, Sky Pirates are overrated.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2012, 07:55:43 pm »

Sky Pirates? Is that the class with the grappling hook special ability in PVP? Man I hate those guys. They have a debuff which makes you earn 5% less honor with every insult you use. I was wondering what class that was.

I finally found the White Fleece btw, thanks to whoever suggested I talk to the tutorial NPC's. I skipped them because honestly the game seems pretty easy to understand but I guess they have to make you talk to everyone just in case. I did find out that hitting F brings up the spacestation management menu, which will be nice once I hit level 32.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2012, 07:58:27 pm »

Sky Pirates are useless out of PVP. Their attacks are all fixed damage instead of most classes' X%.

Say, the Ranger's attacks are 189% + 55, and Artillery Gunners are 5593 + 9%, but Sky Pirates' skills are usually stuff like 130 + 3%. Crappy as a whole.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2012, 08:04:49 pm »

Okay, I've just dealt with the tutorial, and I'm trying to figure out to do now. All I'm seeing is a kitten in the middle of a field. Please tell me I don't have to kill it or something horrible like that.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 08:06:00 pm »

So I found the Cult of Unicorns and joined them, and now then want me to find 30 babies for the Statue of the Horn. Where can I find them? They don't appear to be drops in the areas nearby..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 08:06:48 pm »

Spoiler: OOC @V (click to show/hide)

You're supposed to make it feel better. @Tutorial

@Unicorns

Babies are delivered by storks, which only live in the high mountains. They're quite far away from the Cult.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 08:08:24 pm »

Spoiler: OOC @V (click to show/hide)

@Unicorns

Babies are delivered by storks, which only live in the high mountains. They're quite far away from the Cult.

I tried to go there before, but you can't get to the High Mountains without a Ski Lift Pass (or flying pet). It costs so much, and I can't beat the quest to earn unlimited Ski Lift usage! Ugh! I guess I'll just have to put off the summoning of the Demon Unicorn.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 08:09:25 pm »

Be careful once you get there, the Summoning of the Stork is a very exacting ritual and you'll need a full group to perform it, as well as several candles, a bottle of wine, and a rose. A tub of hot water helps too. If you get it wrong you'll take damage and can even have long term emotional problem debuffs which take days to remove.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 08:10:56 pm »

Be careful once you get there, the Summoning of the Stork is a very exacting ritual and you'll need a full group to perform it, as well as several candles, a bottle of wine, and a rose. A tub of hot water helps too. If you get it wrong you'll take damage and can even have long term emotional problem debuffs which take days to remove.

I heard that you unlock a quest titled 'The Secret of the Stork Supplies' after that though, sounds exciting. Know what the reward is?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 08:11:19 pm »

Spoiler: @quinnr (click to show/hide)

You can just buy a +5 Sniper Composite Longbow, put a few hours in training for accuracy and snipe 'm.

@forsaken

I learned that the hard way. I just decided to snipe storks. Sea above.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »

UGH! The Slime Sliphs at the bottom of the High Mountain are really bugging me, how do I distract them!?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 08:15:40 pm »

Well Derp. I guess I should've paid more attention.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »

Snipe'm. Sniping's the answer to half of your stork related problems. Or you could go through the Sky Tower, bypass the Middle Ocean and steal a gun from the Cartel in the Sky.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 134