Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192793 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #555 on: March 25, 2012, 04:05:03 pm »

Good luck out there. Kadzar, are you ready to go? We've got an enemy frigate closing in, and I don't want to risk damaging the ship against it.
Yeah, I finally have everything I need.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #556 on: March 25, 2012, 07:07:44 pm »

I sent coords to people who contacted me. We've arrived and I am in charge of setting up our mass index and the orbiting thaumiturgical lab. The Index core is crafted and in place but I'm still waiting on the Selenium Crucible to cool so I can form the casing. The lab is being assembled by felbots trained for construction work.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 25, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »

What does the lab do? Make elemental weapons?

Also read that the world corruption percent is now 62%.

The companies must've sped their corrupting worlds gig up.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #558 on: March 25, 2012, 07:34:10 pm »

Die!

(punctured hole in one of Elf's ships)

I'm a privateer!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 26, 2012, 09:43:48 am »

-looks at Sky angrily-

....that was a Devomor Frigate.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #560 on: March 26, 2012, 09:50:02 am »

What does the lab do? Make elemental weapons?

Also read that the world corruption percent is now 62%.

The companies must've sped their corrupting worlds gig up.
The Thaumic Lab can make a lot of things. I was going to make elemental lenses for my laser weapons. The Prometheus Lens for example adds Plasma and Arcane damage to the normal Fire/EM damage type of a microwave frequency laser. Adding damage types help you strike a weak point in certain NPCs who have defenses against specific damage types, like that Borium Pirate faction which is nearby. They resist EM/Fire pretty well but have no Arcane defense and very low Plasma defense from their shields.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 26, 2012, 11:03:09 am »

Managed to haul my ship and wares (thanks forsaken1111!) to a shipyard. Items fetched for a pretty high price, and I was able to kit out this Devomor Corvette, as well as fully repair it.

Heading to sector Podolian Bastion to taxi and hopefully build up enough funds for the next planned assault.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #562 on: March 26, 2012, 11:29:47 am »

No problem. Next time I can loan you my freighter if you like. It has space-folding cargo holds which are larger inside than out. In fact one of them is so large I built a little house inside and I use that as my crafting area.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #563 on: March 26, 2012, 05:29:38 pm »

@Elf

Was that something expensive? o_O

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 27, 2012, 10:23:09 am »

No wonder the demons are so powerful! I'm an infernal prince (high level demon) and can give a massive buff to any nearby creatures of infernal origin. I'm heading to Elder Phi now though. I glitched my way into the Sci-fi servers.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 27, 2012, 10:26:26 am »

Yes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #566 on: March 27, 2012, 05:01:24 pm »

Yay.

I'm going to go blockade the newbie planet, for FUN.

(goes do that)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 30, 2012, 03:11:21 pm »

So, is selling fuel a good profit maker? I'm thinking of buying a shit-ton of fuel tanks and a refiner.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 30, 2012, 03:30:42 pm »

Well, it is, but but you'll have to be on the lookout for the Fuel Coalition, especially if you sell a lot of it, because they don't take to kindly to newcomers intruding on their racket.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #569 on: March 30, 2012, 03:41:56 pm »

Depends on the source. If it's a Fuel Nebula, it's not worth it, since FNs were introduced eight or nine revs back. They give you fuel ore, which you need to refine... it's really involved.

Far better is to do the old Fuel Pod -> eject -> infect -> attack -> salvage loop. You basically use a gray goo satelight to infect fuel pods. The goo grows, increasing the mass of the fuel pod. Then you kill the pod, which destroys the goo and gives you a fuel pod hulk- with an amount of fuel on it depending on the mass of the fuel pod.

I have a small garden of Goo Fuel Pods growing in orbit if Double Epsilon Delta Phi 24b III. They need to grow to more than twice the base mass for fuel pods, or else you make a loss, of course.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 134