Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 189198 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 04:07:52 pm »

So, I just got this game today, and I was wondering if anybody had a trainer and/or cheat codes yet?

I don't want to have to spend 10 hours grinding Firerock Rats just to get a Gleaming Shard.

There was a rumor on PA's boards that Ctrl+F1+F12+?+D+right-click would open up a dev console, but no one's been able to test it out yet because you'd need seven fingers. And that new DRM scheme it uses prevents more than one user from making input so you can't have a friend do the mouse click.
It works. Only on laptops with touchpads though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Damn....must be this ergonomic Chinese keyboard. What's some of the dev codes? Maybe I can use my toes or something to get all the keys.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 04:24:33 pm »

Has anyone else seen that one Igynpadca LP by Other_Stupid_Lizard95? How does he get up the stairs in the albino village so fast?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »

So, I just got this game today, and I was wondering if anybody had a trainer and/or cheat codes yet?

I don't want to have to spend 10 hours grinding Firerock Rats just to get a Gleaming Shard.

There was a rumor on PA's boards that Ctrl+F1+F12+?+D+right-click would open up a dev console, but no one's been able to test it out yet because you'd need seven fingers. And that new DRM scheme it uses prevents more than one user from making input so you can't have a friend do the mouse click.
Well, you can cut it down to 5 hours if you quickly equip the Paper Fan of Bounty right before you make a killing blow. It only does about 1 damage, but it increases the drop chance of Gleaming Shard Fragments by 50%.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 04:26:58 pm »

Has anyone else seen that one Igynpadca LP by Other_Stupid_Lizard95? How does he get up the stairs in the albino village so fast?

Probably a physics glitch like that one in Super Mario 64. Alternately, he's using mods, but he goes right back to normal speed after he gets up them so I can't say for sure.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 04:39:38 pm »

Shouldn't this be in other games?

Anyway it's good to know there are so many active Igynpadca players here. I was thinking of making thread just a while ago but I didnt think there would be enough interest. Starting the game is a bit daunting task for new players, I should have realized df forums place to look for players of game like this.

One thing bothers in this game, especially after I got few mods. Pinecones have too many uses. after getting that mod which added horses as mean of travel Ive been forced to grind even more for pinecones. (Using horses requires pinecones for some reason)

Also a question, is it true that the game can be won by carving your own cave? I know that taming  a mammoth and killing everyone else are possible ways to win the game, but how about that "cave" ending? (And ofcourse theres the standard mainquest ending, duh)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 04:51:06 pm »

One thing bothers in this game, especially after I got few mods. Pinecones have too many uses.
This makes if you do a certain quest:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 04:53:44 pm »

Guys I just made a new character as a penguin larcenist and I'm already stuck on the starter quest. Where do I get the White Fleece? The quest says that it is in the hammergorge but I have been all over that place! Is it on a timer or something?

Also what is the best area to mine mercury? I am trying to smelt mercury ingots so I can build my scooter but I need another 83 mercury.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 05:11:48 pm »

Despite what the intro text says, you actually have to talk to ALL the tutorial NPCs on the left half of the starting town before the fleece will appear.

As for the mercury, I don't normally go for the scooter but you could try either robbing the thermometer repair shop, which has about 50 mercury in a vat out back (guarded by an undead sloth) or you could use the bug. The bug is that if you pour one mercury into the river above the waterfall, it will produce enough mercury mist to make 3 (the effect stacks, so 10 mercury makes 30's worth) but you need a level 8 condensor and a gasmask.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2012, 05:29:46 pm »

So I managed to smooth things over with the Frost Giant by using up the last of my Memory Scotch. (I'll have to grow some more Amnesia Barley to replenish my stock. Any tips on this would be most welcome.) Then, after trading for Frost Powder, going back to base, adding the powder to my tachyon generator, and completing the Bending Test, I finally have a working tachyon generator.

However, I have a problem, in that now stray tachyon beams are flying all around my base. About once a minute, they hit my Curse Cauldron, which creates a Chocolate Homunculus, and, although they're providing fuel for my S'mores Cannon, I'd rather not have the blighters running around my base. Is there a way to contain the tachyon stream, somehow?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 05:35:47 pm »

Yes, you need a black hole generator. You need more frost powder for that, though.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2012, 05:48:50 pm »

Started up a dust mage game a while ago...
I was too late, and activated the walrus bomb in sector 2 (indoor level). Help?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2012, 06:14:55 pm »

So I've made it into Sector 15...I think.

It's really dark and none of my Emittance items seem to be throwing light like they should be, and I hear something moving around outside a tiny bolthole I found. Any ideas?
Do you have a Snake Golem that would fit through? Because I think I read somewhere that you can add a Surveillance Gem to one of those and sync it up to a Monitor Veil to see what it sees.
That won't work, the Golem will be just as blind.
Oddly, you're not supposed to actually complete Sector 15 until you defeat the Brood Mare Hive in Sector 23 and turn the star metal you get as a reward into a lantern of everburning.

I ran into a chest in the room and it had a Visor of Sight - I combined that with a Darklight I'd found in 12 and I could finally see.

Isn't the Brood Mare Hive over in 23 almost impossible below level 20?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2012, 06:43:38 pm »

Hey. I'm just getting into this, and was wonder what a good race/class combination is for a beginner. Does anyone have any suggestions?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2012, 07:19:57 pm »

Guys remember to set up your waste pipe network properly, lost my last base to a bunch of level 22 giant space flies
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »

Hey. I'm just getting into this, and was wonder what a good race/class combination is for a beginner. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I'm really enjoying the penguin larcenist. If you gather enough Filthy Lucre you can activate Siesta which causes all mobs within 30 yards to fall asleep and you do double damage on a crit!

You get Lucre by pickpocketing NPC's in town, but don't try it on a guard. Also there is a 1/50(??) chance that an NPC will be an undercover guard so watch out. You can also get it by participating in bounty missions in the High Seas expansion, if you have that, but I didn't buy it because I don't like the content. All it adds is a nazi pirate faction and playable santa.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 134