Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192572 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2012, 01:52:04 pm »

Sorry to be a bit whiny, but I've been looking around sources trying to find how to get ancient shards, I haven't found anything on the subject except some kind of ridiculous drop rate from Gem bears in the turtle hills, any other ways or is that it?

I realize the axe-bearers cannot use the axes, but they do buff other players according to the axe they are using. That's why I want this golem.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2012, 02:11:22 pm »

Sorry to be a bit whiny, but I've been looking around sources trying to find how to get ancient shards, I haven't found anything on the subject except some kind of ridiculous drop rate from Gem bears in the turtle hills, any other ways or is that it?
If you find one, let me know. I have enough Gem bear spleens to fill eight portable holes (too lazy to go sell them, since the only vendor that'll take them is that hermit up in the Spiderwode), and only two shards. Might explain why you never see them for auction.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2012, 02:29:28 pm »

The Sky Pirates are actually the Cartel in the Sky's exiles. They are weakened versions of the Cartel enemies, most of who are souped-up, angry, smart, gun-touting boss-level mooks.

Another way to defend your properties is to make a permanent warding-type spell...

Golems are a good way.

Anyone know how to get to Hell? My Battlemage-weaver is ready to embrace the challenge of tha devils.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2012, 02:33:18 pm »

I realize the axe-bearers cannot use the axes, but they do buff other players according to the axe they are using. That's why I want this golem.
Any sort of shards are usually going to be a very rare drop item. What you want to do is gather up shard fragments and craft those into a shard. Methuselah Skeletons have ancient shard fragments on their loot tables, but the drop chance is 0%, so you're going to want to up it with an Arrow of +10% Ancient Shard Fragment Drop Chance, which you need to fire at the exact moment it dies.

Then, once you've gathered at least 200 Ancient Shard Fragments, you need to drop them in the Well of Melancholy Souls. Use your Psychic Sieve to fish them out, and you should now have Malaise Ancient Shard Fragments. You can then combine them in your inventory with Sticky Beer to get a Stuck-Together Wad of Malaise Ancient Shard Fragments. Combine this in your inventory with a Tiny Psychiatrist about 12 times to remove the malaise condition and get a Stuck-Together Wad of Ancient Shard Fragments. Put this in your Micro-Molecular Bonding Oven to get a Stuck-Together Ancient Shard, then combine this in your inventory with Universal Adhesive Dissolver to get a Rough Ancient Shard. Put this in your Shard Polisher to get a Polished Ancient Shard. Combine this with Polish Remover Salve in your inventory to get an Ancient Shard.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2012, 02:35:13 pm »

Any sort of shards are usually going to be a very rare drop item. What you want to do is gather up shard fragments and craft those into a shard. Methuselah Skeletons have ancient shard fragments on their loot tables, but the drop chance is 0%, so you're going to want to up it with an Arrow of +10% Ancient Shard Fragment Drop Chance, which you need to fire at the exact moment it dies.

Then, once you've gathered at least 200 Ancient Shard Fragments, you need to drop them in the Well of Melancholy Souls. Use your Psychic Sieve to fish them out, and you should now have Malaise Ancient Shard Fragments. You can then combine them in your inventory with Sticky Beer to get a Stuck-Together Wad of Malaise Ancient Shard Fragments. Combine this in your inventory with a Tiny Psychiatrist about 12 times to remove the malaise condition and get a Stuck-Together Wad of Ancient Shard Fragments. Put this in your Micro-Molecular Bonding Oven to get a Stuck-Together Ancient Shard, then combine this in your inventory with Universal Adhesive Dissolver to get a Rough Ancient Shard. Put this in your Shard Polisher to get a Polished Ancient Shard. Combine this with Polish Remover Salve in your inventory to get an Ancient Shard.

Y'see, all this complicated stuff is why I stick with classes like Explodamancer and Artificer.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2012, 02:43:13 pm »

Oh, does anyone else play a geometromancer? We all got a goody for pi day yesterday  :D
A new AoE spell that does Brain damage in a radius around you; good for dealing with stupid melee-types
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2012, 02:45:37 pm »

Well, that gimmick won't work in most high-level dungeons. Even slimes seem to have a high Intelligence score there. Dem devs and their balance ability (or lack thereof).

I think the Calculamancer is superior to the geometromancer though. It has higher saves and damage. The bad part is that other than trig graphs there are few AoEs.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2012, 02:53:06 pm »

About the thing with selling gem bear spleens, there actually is another place to sell them that isn't listed, there's this one drunkard in the Blackroot tavern in high-guard zone that buys most misc. items, the price isn't to great compared to what I've heard the merchant buys them for, but it's a closer place to sell them. That's how i get rid of mine anyway.

I just got one shard though, I need four more, and I'm lazy enough to try other methods. Is there anything anybody is willing to trade for them?

I have good luck with getting drops from bosses and also got a 'scroll of fire ward' (rare) from the scrollsmith which gives about 33% damage protection from fire attacks, but expels any other fire defense buffs from you, luckily it takes up a slot that's hardly used so it's pretty good for fire areas. Please tell me if you're willing to trade an ancient shard or two for it, the materials are easy enough for me to get, so higher level characters can get the items more easily than me.

I also have a mage's staff of serpents which can turn into any random reptile based enemy for 3 min. on your side, with unlimited uses, I got it from grinding the Medusa's aide boss while trying to get the deep venomous fangs for the high-guard zone serpentine quest chain.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:25 pm »

-snip-
-snip-

Y'see, all this complicated stuff is why I stick with classes like Explodamancer and Artificer.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2012, 03:08:53 pm »

You really have to be careful about publicly-available crafting stations because sometime people will coat them with Nanobane dust, which of course causes the next crafting attempt there to fail spectacularly. It's best to give a newb a roll of leather and a battery and tell him to craft you up an electric saddle or something. They nearly never actually check for contaminant attacks.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2012, 03:45:04 pm »

Heavy Boots of Lead: Become an Iron Golem.
(Scroll of Transmogrification? anyways, nice Black Sabbath shout-out)

*cough* Or just do like I did and walk between the Elder Golem's legs as he stands in front of your house.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »

Guys. I stumbled upon goddamn Sburb Beta Disc

It's useable, but requires acomputer todo so.

Thing is, I kinda died before reaching the Benatar encampment wherethe nearest computer was, so I never got to use it. Would it have done what I think out would?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2012, 04:18:14 pm »

There's really no way to know without testing. Did it show up again when you used an Item Reclaim Shrine?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2012, 05:05:18 pm »

I've tried it, it's just a lame easter egg.

Or maybe I didn't use it right...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2012, 06:15:46 pm »

Currently working my way through the Clock Gnome racial sidequest, the Cogs of Old.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 134