Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192688 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1650 on: October 07, 2013, 08:38:14 am »

Though to be fair, I could use a streak of cash. My MegaMTD I got going on my dragon mech doesn't generate ammo out of thin air, you know (unlike any other weapon in my personal hyperspace).

MegaMTD? If you'd like, I could fire up my Quantum Parallel Universe Exploitation drives and make you a ton of ammo for it. You know the ones, right? They take matter from potential alternate universes made by decisions and then shape it into stuff? All you have to do is give me the electricity and antimatter.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot.
I should have some spare antimatter in the hyperspace. (I don't use it all that much because I don't find it reliable enough.)

As for electricity...
Well, time to bring out the Planet Core Extractor again. It was fun to use, but mostly impractical (due to the sheer overkill in power you'd get that would eventually just go to waste).

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 07, 2013, 08:45:41 am »

Alright, just tell your microwave satellites to align themselves with point (12.1328789, 3.141592653589793238462643383, 6.66666, narp as swo dr) when you're ready to transmit the power, and use a cargominator at the same point for the antimatter.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 07, 2013, 04:51:25 pm »

I have a few Pelican Collectors on hand. I'm going to send in a small fleet to try and grab some of the pinecones. Since they don't have any remote cameras on them (More expensive, and these things are pretty much built to die), I really don't know their fate. Can someone tell me if something happens to them?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 07, 2013, 04:56:27 pm »

I have a few Pelican Collectors on hand. I'm going to send in a small fleet to try and grab some of the pinecones. Since they don't have any remote cameras on them (More expensive, and these things are pretty much built to die), I really don't know their fate. Can someone tell me if something happens to them?
I usually just make two or three with cameras and send them in a group of 12 or so, with orders for the camera ones to run from danger, so they live longer and the others take the shots.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 07, 2013, 05:01:43 pm »

I usually just make two or three with cameras and send them in a group of 12 or so, with orders for the camera ones to run from danger, so they live longer and the others take the shots.
I think I'll start doing that. Still, the fleet's already on its way, sans camera. They should arrive within a few hours.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 07, 2013, 05:03:23 pm »

I think I'll start doing that. Still, the fleet's already on its way, sans camera. They should arrive within a few hours.
And if they don't arrive, then you'll know what happened.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 10, 2013, 01:30:13 pm »

I CALLED IT!
I EFFIN' CALLED IT!

For those who don't know, all the pinecones from the Universe Pine Tree have turned into top-level enemies who just swarm everyone everywhere. (and they seem to also steal regular pinecones and carry them God-knows-where.)

Everyone is now pennyless and probably also dead. I managed to avoid this issue, somehow.
Good thing that I've decided to use the hyperspace to store my pinecones.

The question is, what do we do now? People are dying at a rapid pace trying to face the endless horde of pinecones while the economy just vanished and we're back into the 1:1 trading.

I must remember to not open my hyperspace lest I incur the wrath of five million pinecones. (as well as lose an extra 2 million of pre-tree 'cones)
One thing is for sure - the Universe Pine Tree must die.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 10, 2013, 01:57:38 pm »

Funny thing. Luckily I haven't managed to play, so I didn't grab any of pinecones. (And well, trading uses secured amounts of pinecones outside my reserve, after some guy implanted microteleporters in them to try and blow up my base*).

Anyway, apparently this isn't a programmed event. The enemy are simple Zophanoid Mimickers. You know, the low tier mimickers you encounter in the tutorial and minigames. Well, you know these guys have a quirk. They get more powerfull the more abundant the item they're mimicking is. By sheer luck; they appears to have mimicked a pinecone. ((Additionally, it appears that the Universe Pine tree is situated on a natural hyperwave fracture, extending their absorbtion range across the entire multiverse))

*Which didn't happen through sheer luck. Microteleporters have a 0.1% chance to backfire on use. Luckily, the first one did just that.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 10, 2013, 02:07:05 pm »

Oh, so those are just Zophs?
Anyway, I think that pinecone-based economy is a no-go at this point, we have to switch over to something else, since there's no way in hell the community will be able to restore the pinecone supply.

Meanwhile I profit (I don't). Traded two Restine Maces for a Godmaker. Today is a good day.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 10, 2013, 02:10:53 pm »

Zophs with a exponential growing bonus for every pinecone they gather.

I do hope Pinecope economy restarts. I have a significant amount lying around. I do have rare matter, Energy cells, and a few valuable artifacts, but it would be quite a hit to my finances.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: October 10, 2013, 02:11:42 pm »

I trade in bones. A much more profitable and stable currency.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 10, 2013, 02:20:29 pm »

I trade in bones. A much more profitable and stable currency.

Huh. I thought that this was only a currency on ancient servers. Shows what I know.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 10, 2013, 02:21:33 pm »

If you have the right tools, it's everywhere.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 10, 2013, 02:21:39 pm »

It became more popular after the interserver trades. Necromantic attacks can disturb financial markets though. I don't like my assets walking around.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 10, 2013, 02:22:23 pm »

I often anoint mine with Sacred Oil. That usually stops my assets being used as weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 134