Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 193005 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1155 on: March 16, 2013, 11:30:15 pm »

Haven't gotten that far- if you don't attack or communicate with the scorpions (It may just be through having language set to Russian, testing needed) they'll decide it's a better idea just to eat your inventory. Good news, whatever was in my inventory was apparently very tasty for the cash shop as I now have the money to fund a military takeover of a small country.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 16, 2013, 11:37:26 pm »

If you do decide to do that, make sure you avoid the Green King's Corps. They're probably the least-trustworthy mercenary band I've seen, they've got over 60% of their hires resulting in them going turncoat.

I honestly wouldn't trust any mercs, but I hear a lot of players have put them to good use. Me? I prefer lone-wolfing.
Nothing important here, move along.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 17, 2013, 06:03:44 am »

You can stop the Green Kings Corps from turncoating if you place the wand of uselessness into their donation box. They keep trying to figure out what it does and stay on your side, just make sure they do not have a SCIENCE! skill of more than 20 or they will shoot you on sight.

Does anyone remember what they did to Old King Grimwarp? I remember he used to lead the armies of Science-Corp but now they seem to be lead by Dr.NotEvil, and I need Grimwarp for the quest And Now For Something Completely...Giraffe

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 17, 2013, 12:26:09 pm »

Yeah but the warden usually levels up at this point.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 17, 2013, 12:30:18 pm »

I persnally like the mercs from the WoL expansion. If you Dominate them, it's pretty easy to keep them under control.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 17, 2013, 12:35:29 pm »

If you do decide to do that, make sure you avoid the Green King's Corps. They're probably the least-trustworthy mercenary band I've seen, they've got over 60% of their hires resulting in them going turncoat.

I honestly wouldn't trust any mercs, but I hear a lot of players have put them to good use. Me? I prefer lone-wolfing.
Meh, as a player-mercenary myself, I find that NPC mercs are just a waste of time, if a bit easier to hire. That, and the player-mercenaries have their own small confederation set up, so if you anger them, depending on how we feel, we retaliate. The non sci-fi server player mercenaries are pretty good at their jobs, too.

As for the cash shop job, which server are you going to go for the kill? I need to know because that way I can figure out which character to send over, or if I can use my space-whale ships.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 17, 2013, 01:39:45 pm »

You can stop the Green Kings Corps from turncoating if you place the wand of uselessness into their donation box. They keep trying to figure out what it does and stay on your side, just make sure they do not have a SCIENCE! skill of more than 20 or they will shoot you on sight.

Carpathians are the best mercenary corp in my opinion.

Okay, so my army of life has started expanding, haven't run into much trouble besides a couple nub fleets. Sensors are indicating a more powerful fleet the next system over with a B12 fleet tag, so if I find you I hope we can ally and I don't have to wage a costly war.

I think I only have a couple other things to worry about at this stage, aside from extra-galactic invaders or mechanic slip-ups.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 17, 2013, 01:46:30 pm »

Best mercenaries? NPCs are the Dread March. They've got the same equipment as the Death Corps but they aren't as crazy and random. Players would be Lazoreyes. They follow your orders to the letter and their mercenaries are very highly trained.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 17, 2013, 02:46:15 pm »

Nah, it's got to be the Presides for mercenaries. You have to beat their boss to unlock them, in a really epic battle, no spoilers given.
But yeah, they have even better equips, and they're all mounted on elemental drakes.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 17, 2013, 02:55:43 pm »

The problem with them is that their AI hasn't really been updated to deal with some of the exploits, meaning that they're pretty easy to destroy. Plus they're limited to the Fantasy worlds due to their magic: the Dread March are universal.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 17, 2013, 02:58:34 pm »

Ah, of course. I only really play the fantasy world due to the fact the orcs in the future worlds are vastly OP and far too commor. A random encounter with an OP enemy every 2 minutes really spoils the fun.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 17, 2013, 03:01:43 pm »

Depends on the future world in question. They're technically not orcs, though, they're the "Green Plague". More like the Orks from 40k mixed with Redlight from Prototype. If you have a spaceship with chemical sprayers installed, get a few vials of Agent Yellow and start spraying it around. It works a treat.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 17, 2013, 03:06:17 pm »

Nobody came to the Beldam raid...

I ended up having to tank her somehow. Managed it with potion spam/Raven Storm spam...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 17, 2013, 04:44:32 pm »

Uh.... So, apparently, I've managed to set off some kind of hard-takeoff tech singularity event in the primary sci-fi server. All I know is that at least a quarter of the Libra galaxy is kind of devoid of non-augmented life. Hell, at least a tenth of has all of its planets converted into computronium.

Sorry 'bout that. I guess.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 17, 2013, 04:48:10 pm »

You fool!

Now I have to go back onto that server because the freaking patrol is calling me up..

I thought I'd left it behind after Deliverance!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 134