Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73371 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Not dead, just backtracked and with some problems. Turn halfway done and being released today~))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arcane Steel - Turn 20 - Strike while the Iron... Part Two

The moment approaches as the squad takes positions. Nothing breaks the silence in the forest except for the animals, the soft steps of people moving carefully, guns being cocked and the symphony of disaster that is April crossing the trail.

April sneaks through the woods following the others towards the bandit camp.
-
Candy is with the person above.
-
Diego has already moved very close to the camp due to his illusion magic. He then proceeds to look for a good spot from where to snipe from.
-
Adrienne only needed to take some steps and she is already a leap and some trees away from the camp. There are some sentries around.
-
Dellus also follows Adrienne and ends up only a few feet away from the nearest enemies. He can clearly hear their ragged, anxious breathing.
-
Davie whips out his pistol and positions his shield to quietly advance into enemy territory.
-
Thelfin decides to tear new holes for the longbowmen. He aims for them and prepares.
-
Falion is assailed by doubt as to which course of action telling his allies to take.
-
Ktimbi chooses to destroy an arquebus and take the other.
-
Airgead keeps following Ktimbi.

April moves from her position and into the woods, ready to take down any enemy either by sword or lead. [1-1] Which is exactly what the young knight soon sees herself having to do. She traverses the trail clumsily, snapping and causing enough noise to be heard by the enemies from the camp. [3+1] Enemies come dashing from the camp to check for the source of the noise, see the female and start running towards April, swords in hand and with obvious hostile intent. The gunslinger girl has no doubts about what to do and without a second of delay her hands are already grasping two of the flintlock pistols in her gun belt. She squints her eyes and aims the first shot while pulling the second pistol. April's Blackpowder Fever. In a  series of blinding-speed movements, April pulls one pistol after another and opens fire against the multiple targets, spinning the unloaded pistol into the holster and taking the next into firing position. The bandits see as she prepares the first gun and dive sideways out of the trail, but the lack of space to dodge also hinders their efforts. Three of the projectiles fly astray and embed their metallic bodies into the nearby trees. The other three are not as kind: the first ball of lead zips through the air and punches through the steel chestplate of one of the longswordmen, burying itself deep inside his right pectoral area. Blood runs from the wound and flows from under the armor as he falls to the ground, gasping for air. The third shot hits one of the enemies straight on his head, piercing the helmet and inflicting a bleeding gash on the man's cheek, finally stopping after ricocheting against the steel and getting embedded on his flesh. The sixth metal sphere pierces the lower left flank of one of the men and tears a good chunk of meat with it as it finds purchase in the soft flesh. [6],[3],[5] The bandits which have been hit on the chest and flank manage to get their bearings and move away from the scene in a hesitating, pained pace. The one hit in the head clutches damaged helmet and slumps with his back against a nearby tree, the pain temporarily getting him stunned. [3] The remaining enemy, a longbowman, retreats with the fleeing longswordsmen. Smoke escapes the barrel of April's guns as she looks upon the bloodstained ground.
Enemies running away and/or wounded - Very Close
Spoiler: Longswordmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Longbowman (click to show/hide)

Davie starts to move carefully towards the center of the forest, where the camp lies. [3] He manages to get near it before hearing voices. It seems he was spotted, but he is unable to see anyone for now. It appears the enemies are still coming for him.

Diego starts to look for a spot from where to snipe from. [6] He finds what seems the perfect spot, not far from where he is. [5-1] This time he manages not to trip on his own feet and is about to take position...When he notices there are two shortbowmen which had the same idea as him.
Spoiler: Shortbowmen (click to show/hide)

Dellus and Adrienne wait by the side of the bandits' camp for an opportunity to attack.

Thelfin prepares the bolt, closes one of his eyes, squints the other and finally fires. [2+1v4] His crouching stance and good positioning make the shot easier to aim, but the large steel bolt still misses its mark. The enemies are startled and start to look around for any sign of the shooter. [3-1] They fail in locating the source of attack, and although they did not find the projectile, all of them start to hurry the formation of the circle. Someone who looks a Sub-Commander starts to bark orders to put them in line faster and more maurauders leave the tents and join the perimeter. Thelfin takes notice some of the enemies seem exhausted, as if they had almost no sleep.

Enemies visible so far (by Thelfin, Diego, Adrienne and Dellus) - Very Close
Spoiler: Longswordmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Longbowmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arquebusmen (click to show/hide)

Ktimbi takes ones of the arquebuses; it is heavy and unwiedly, but it has a higher stopping power and armor-percing abilities when compared to most bows. [1] He tries to smash the remaining one, but it does not break and only causes enough noise for the enemies to realize there is someone there. Instead of sending a small group in, the longbowmen just shoot from where they are and towards Ktimbi's general direction while the rest of the men finally form the defense line. [2-1v6+1][4-1v4+1][6-1v3+1 (5,1-1)] One of the long arrows hits the african shaman with a dull sound, sending him tumbling backwards with the impact. The crocodile armor is not pierced by it, but the shaman is left with a light bruise under the armor. He can hear someone swearing at full force. [1] Airgead was distracted by something and was not able to protect Ktimbi.

Fallion tries to convince his allies to either go back through the trail the group came from or sabotage the enemies' stock of weapons. [4] They take the option less likely to get them killed and scamper through the trail, but they stop after some steps towards the direction and decide stay a little far from the center of action just in case their help is needed as a last resort.

>Sorry.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tiruin: Knight
Powder Miner: Knight
Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out
agentorangesoda: Wizard
Tarran: Wizard
SeriousConcentrate: Wizard
Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:07:20 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Diego reached into his coat and pulled out one of his throwing knives. All he had to do was slit the throat of one, then fling the knife at the other and hopefully hit him in the eye, throat, chest, or forehead to take them both down. After that, he had a good location all to himself. It was just too bad no females were around to watch his prowess.

(No problem about the wait. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Likely Sneaking skill of the group before this turn: Novices.
Likely Sneaking skill of the group after this turn: Bumbling Idiots.

Get up, look for the enemies, and send a firestorm of firebolts (minimum of 10, maximum of 2 for each) at them. Duck down as soon as I'm done.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Small typo in Diego's Longbowmen spoiler. There are two of them.))

Leave the company of the subjugated bandits, telling them to stay put until they hear a...Wolf howl, for that would be the signal for an attack.

Sneak near the perimeter of the camp and survey the place. Preferably where my magician friend went.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:49:26 am by Tiruin »

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ktimbi sends the easily distracted and occasionally useless wolf to retrieve Falion. Meanwhile, he searches for the origin of the arrows that were fired at him and prepares an incantation of madness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ktimbi sends the easily distracted and occasionally useless wolf to retrieve Falion. Meanwhile, he searches for the origin of the arrows that were fired at him and prepares an incantation of madness.
((You should be careful with what a wolf distracted with something (and a bad roll) means.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Adrienne was bored with waiting. She noticed the fracture point-the point at which the enemies defense was most vulnerable...hence, Time to attack!

Adrienne would be the first out of the brush-her warcry, "TO ME, KNIGHTS! KILL THEM ALL! CHARGE!"

At least, this was her plan...to bad all her teammates were a disorganized rabble!

Action: Just sulk and wait for the rest of team to arrive.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:20:23 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Action: IF I get the others with me
((How many others? The team is basically scattered and they do not seem willing to group up, having in mind Thelfin and Diego are sniping/going to snipe.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Argh. Then I don't have an action this turn. :-\  ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Wow, the group has an incredible lack of cohesion. There is a reason why the title is "Strike while the Iron" [is hot], instead of "Take your time, it is not like there are four squads worth of enemy reinforcements closing in."  :P

Oh, what was that again? I accidented the surprise.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(To be fair, Adrienne is the only character specced for charging.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Am delaying for the all clear, where everyone rushes in the camp with a cavalry charge and Adrienne blows the Horn.

Though, someone must make a way to create a seeable signal for everyone else to see.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((All right, I'll try to list what we're all doing in recap...

April/Powder Miner: No action yet

Diego/SC: Kill two guys in his sniper hole

Adrienne/Dwarm: Sulk, ponder.

Dellus/Grunhill: No action yet

Davie/Tarran: Hunting for random enemies to firebolt

Thelfin/Praefectum: No action yet

Falion/Tiruin: Sneaking around randomly, looking for the rest of the party [edit: or delaying]

Ktimbi/agentorangesoda: Hunting another group of enemies?

---------

Edit: Right now, me, Thelfin and Dellus could attack-and possibly Falion..

Sc's a bit buggered, he'll have to clear out the enemies close to him first.

Ktimbi, Davie and April, I have no idea where they are. :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:56:19 am by Dwarmin »

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Ktimbi is inside the camp. I was pretty tired when I posted last night so made an action that would normally be out of character for the perceptive shaman, but I'll chalk this up to some incredibly fine meta roleplaying since Ktimbi is also tired from not sleeping and delirious from amphetamine much as I was; it's like method acting.)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46