Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73318 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 13 - The Night turns into Day
« Reply #345 on: April 03, 2012, 02:37:02 pm »

"Yes, I could guess. But sometimes your word might sound completely different to it's English and German counterparts, and I might guess wrong. And besides that, it takes more effort than it should to guess what you're saying, and it annoys me greatly."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 03, 2012, 08:21:02 pm »

April got up, and after usual morning things like eating, cleaning herself up, getting dressed, packing up and getting Candy, she ran around a bit energetically before getting over to the group.

""Hey! Hey guys, hey! What's going on? Are we going to get the bandits? Let's do this!"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:14:42 pm by Powder Miner »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 03, 2012, 08:27:12 pm »

"Slow down and calm down, sister, we don't need a repeat of yesterday..." Davie glared at Diego for a second.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:22 pm »

Diego assumed his most wounded expression and put a hand to his chest. "You're such a cruel man, Davie. Always with the harsh words and hatefulness. You need to relax a little, amigo." His grin as he said it betrayed the fact he wasn't really too bothered. "I know what will lift your spirits! Ricardo!" He snapped his fingers to the musician, who responded instantly.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 03, 2012, 09:10:19 pm »

"[color=orange"Hey! Hey guys, hey! What's going on? Are we going to get the bandits? Let's do this![/color]"
(*Coughs* I guess you did something wrong over there. )

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 03, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »

"[color=orange"Hey! Hey guys, hey! What's going on? Are we going to get the bandits? Let's do this![/color]"
(*Coughs* I guess you did something wrong over there. )
UH dang um well I HAVE TO KILL YOU NOW

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 03, 2012, 10:42:06 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 14 - Onwards

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Morning comes and the nobles are wide awake while most of the town still suffers the aftereffects of a very severe hangover. Few to no people roam the streets, most of them being women and the few men who didn't drink like sathyrs. [6] The sun shines so brightly it may actually annoy ranged fighters and any creature who needs regular intakes of water... But the squad is prepared with enough supplies to last until they reach the next town, and their preparations make sure there will be no pesky problems during the travel. Near the woods, Falion tries to talk to a wolf and Ktimbi attempts to find his battle-brother.

Diego leaves the bedroom while being surprisingly gentlemanly towards the lady he slept with and meets with Davie by the horses (which include Ktimbi's and Ileid). The spanish wizard takes some of his time to check and test he saddle of his horse, which is perfectly placed. Adrienne wakes up, finds the guy she attacked last night hiding inside the fireplace with obvious murderous intent that is quickly swapped as a desperate frown takes over his face. He fails miserably to convince her he has pure intentions. After dealing with the intruder, she finishes her morning routine and meets with the rest of the group, using the moment to talk a little with her companions. April does the required morning routine, picks up Candy and runs around a little before heading towards the horses, acting like a sugar-happy puppy. Thelfin joins them around the same time, standing stoically by his horse. Dellus bids his wife farewell and sets on searching for someone to teach him how to deal with his recently-acquired weapons. [5] He arrives at the rendez-vous point where most of the group is already preparing for departure (your squadmates are the best teachers you can have, try them).

Ktimbi starts to search for his battle-brother, [2] but he fails to do so as his nature attunement suffers slightly from the fatigue. Falion picks his stone up, dons his own armor, puts the armor on the giant wolf and asks the beast if he is able to speak, also questioning if he would also consent in being used as a mount. Airgead remains silent, but lowers his body to allow the dragoon to access his back. The young knight gathers his weapons and sits atop the saddle built into the wolf's backplate, taking a moment to look back. [6] He will remember the path leading to the crypt too clearly, and that may be his downfall. The wolf roars and leaps forward before starting to run as fast as a horse, managing to avoid trees and rocks while keeping full speed. The sensation is familiar to that of a horse, but he is positioned a little lower than most knights and there is more oscillation than a horseback ride, although there is no doubt the beast is far more acrobatical than a horse and the large leaps provide perfect stability. [5] Airgead sees Ktimbi looking lost near the western entrance to the woods and heads towards him.

>...I guess the bandits are weakened enough.
>Short turn is short.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tiruin: Knight
Powder Miner: Knight
Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out
agentorangesoda: Wizard
Tarran: Wizard
SeriousConcentrate: Wizard
Grunhill: Wizard
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 14 - Onwards
« Reply #353 on: April 03, 2012, 11:02:10 pm »

"Thelfin, Dellus," Diego said, greeting the men in turn. "Let's move, yeah?" With that, he swung up into his horse's saddle in a single, fluid motion and helped Ricardo up behind him, then spurred the horse to start trotting back toward the forest.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 03, 2012, 11:05:53 pm »

((Tomorrow I'm including Ricardo's status along Diego's, by the way.
Edit: Oh wait, tomorrow means later today.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:10:57 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 03, 2012, 11:12:51 pm »

Falion's attitude shifted to a blithe disposition as Airgead passed by yet another tree. The speed at which the Wolf moved, and including it's litheness in how it weaved through the tangled mess of flora astounded him. The soft padding of it's paws was indiscernable in his hearing as they fell on dew covered grass.

The Wolf stopped and pointed to his right with it's head. Falion dismounted and looked in the same direction and saw someone very familiar.

"Ktimbi!"

Stride up to my battle brother and greet him accordingly. Give him some of the berries I scavenged.

Tell him explanations would be for later on how I have a Wolf with me.

If he is hale enough for travel, then suggest we proceed to the perimeter of the Bandit Camp. Explain events that occurred last night.

Falion gestured to his ally if he went along with the rest into town or searched the forest early before anyone else. Also, if he met or saw the others, or was separated.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 04, 2012, 01:38:50 am »

Head towards the bandit camp. But stay out of sight and stay some distance away.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 04, 2012, 04:42:20 am »

Adrienne moved into her usual spot at the head of the column.

"This shall be a good day for a hunt."

Action: Adrienne leads the group as usual, scaring the peasant children as she thunders by.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 04, 2012, 04:49:58 am »

"Adrienne... I just had a thought. If you go in first, that means you're the first to receive a bolt or an arrow to the face in the case of an ambush... So... um, are you still so sure of going in the front after what I've said?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 04, 2012, 05:07:11 am »

Adrienne merely laughed. Then she responded, in what was for her, a fairly well thought out response.

"Well, who is going to lead then, Monsier Davie?

Perhaps we should all stand around and draw lots-who gets short stick? Hmm? Or maybe I should go back to town and hire some male idiot to ride in front of me, like a shield made of meat.

Nay. The risk is mine to take, and no others. The Alanamonts do not hide behind laymen.

See-not all of us were born to serve, like you.

Some of us were born to lead. Like me. Part of the risk of being a leader is putting yourself in harms way. I don't suppose you know anything about that, do you? No. So, fall back into column and grumble at me from behind my back-that's what upbraided followers are supposed to do.

Unless, I suppose, you have the courage to ride by my side?"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:09:22 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46