Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73389 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 4 - The road
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:01 pm »

"Oh no you don't! I'll get the runner!"

Set fire to the one running away. Chase after him with the horse but keep my distance.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 4 - The Road
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012, 02:19:45 pm »

Adrienne unsheathed her bec-du-corbin, spinning it in a whirring arc-then, hefting it into attack position-and galloped toward the bandits, laughing merrily, or perhaps insanely.

"Oui! Écrasez-les! Première prise de sang va à La Alanamont!"

Action: Adrienne charges one the crossbow wielding bandit with her Bec-du-corbin! She attacks him and keeps going, pursuing the runner beyond, if he's not already dead. Otherwise, wheel around for another attack.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2012, 05:41:25 pm »

"Let's do this!" April went after one of the longsword men with her shortsword, while mounted.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2012, 08:26:56 pm »

Though unsure of their crime, Ktimbi realized by their startled expressions that these were the men they were seeking.
Ktimbi ignores the vomit on his feet and calls upon the ancient roots of the trees nearby to entangle the swordsmen.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2012, 08:42:09 am »

"For the Realm!"

Falion drew in the reins and surveyed the event. Their lack of information was unsettling, but he wouldn't make it worse by letting the bandits learn of their goal before it even happened. They had to thin their numbers, but where was their leader?

Throw my Javelin at the runner, while drawing my Glaive with both hands and charging down one of the bandits armed with Longswords.

Edit: I think we're going to have our next wizard, bonded to Dwarmin.

SeriousConcentrate :))
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:52:58 am by Tiruin »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2012, 12:20:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:44:22 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2012, 01:32:41 pm »

Somehow I feel as though something interesting will come of this due to the traits of SC's character.

Whether it's good interesting or bad interesting I will wait to see.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2012, 01:44:45 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 5 - [CHEERFUL REUNION]

This turn may have been edited to suit ages above and under that time when boys and girls like each other very much, and then the boy plants a seed into the girl and after nine months you have a small demon hellbent on ruining your life. And it was all your fault. Sigh.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Upon heading towards the bandit's camp to [START A GENTLEMEN'S DIALOG], take their swords and [EXCHANGE GIFTS] up the criminals' [FLOWERS], our heroes find themselves receptioned by a small group of untrained sentinels. Now they must [SHAKE THEIR HANDS] with extreme [HAPPINESS] and lick the fresh [SUGAR] off their weapons afterwards, maybe taking some time to [CUDDLE] the enemies' [HORRIBLY MUTILATED DEAD BODIES].

Without hesitation from any of the sides, the battle starts as soon as the runner starts to sprint hurriedly towards the bandit's camp. Davie spots the escaping marauder and with a flick of his hand, [6]vs[4]; [5]; [1]-[2] sends jet of fire that leaves a trail of steam behind, evaporating the water particles in the air in its fiery wake. The flames rapidly accelerate and manage to hit the bandit, but only barely, as only heat manages to pass through the light armor, the fire licking and burning the leather, but leaving the metal intact, if hot. The runner keeps legging it. Adrienne acts at the same moment, spinning her polearm and positioning it diagonally for a horse charge against the crossbow-bearing hoodlum. A crossbow bolt flies in that exact instant, [4]vs[6+1] but it is easilly deflected by the frank knight's shield, who then proceeds to [3]vs[3] miss her charging attack as the crossbow bandit scrambles towards the right, rolling clumsily but avoiding the killing weapon by an inch. Well, most of it, as the the weapon's spearlike tip still grazes his light armor, damaging it slightly. April yells something and charges against the closest longswordman with her shortsword, giving him the iniative. [2]vs[6] The sword misses by far, and April, even if lacking a shield, is able to execute a masterful dodge atop the horse, bending her body while using the opportunity to execute a horizontal slash aiming at the swordsman's upper body [1]vs[4], but it seems that attacking with a short weapon while riding a horse is not advised, as the marauder easily dodges and rolls sideways. Candy wakes up inside the pouch tied to the horse's saddle and meowls. Ktimbi also plays his part, spending his time on calling upon the nature's power to entangle some of the criminals. [5+1] The trees answer, enthusiastically even, draining some of his magic to enpower the ancient roots of nearby tress, which surge violently from the ground and grip the surprised swordsmen's feet and lower legs with unbelievable strength (the swordsmen will have to try to set themselves free, the roots will impede any kind of dodging that requires the use of the lower limbs; lasts for two turns). Falion, positioned behind the rest with the group and by Ktimbi's side, quickly draws his ornate javelin and tauts his arm's muscles, briefly taking aim before flinging it with prodigious speed towards the running bandit! [3+2]vs[4];[1,no instakill];[5][6+2-2] The flying spear tears its way through the air before finding purchase, squarely hitting the escaping man's backplate and carving its way through the burnt remains of leather, hot steel, human flesh, young bone and lungs. The shattered remains of the raider's ribs puncture his right lung further and he falls to the ground, blood flowing from his mouth, the long throwing spear stuck and standing almost upright in his body. He passes his last seconds crying, gasping for air and asking for God's forgiveness amidst the tears before finally ceasing to breath.

A few kilometers away from the small fight, horseshoes kick up dust as the riders urge the animals forward. The small group of [VERY COOL PEOPLE] approaches the squad quickly, their heraldry indicating their status as [NOBLES]. They shall join our heroes soon.

Enemies encountered:
Spoiler: Bandits: (click to show/hide)

Distance: Very Close
Spoiler: Very Close - distance (click to show/hide)

>Ktimbi still has vomit all over his feet.
More people are joining in soon, probably the turn after this one. Aside from Wilhelmina's replacement, I managed to find two extra members to join you.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight

Tiruin: Knight

Powder Miner: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out

agentorangesoda: Wizard

Tarran: Wizard

The Waitlist [Disappearing soon.]

Praefectum Screptum: Knight

SeriousConcentrate: Wizard

Grunhill: Wizard

I decided to get back to the basic skill  system, giving up on the one I was testing with Praefectum (it would get too cluttered). Only the basics are in, other effects will still apply but won't be shown. By the way, Adrienne passionate nature plus the huge success in acting means she has a new passive. Try and guess what it does.
Also, SeriousConcentrate deserves some serious praise for making his wizard agile.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:29:32 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 5 - [CHEERFUL REUNION]
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2012, 02:40:11 pm »

"Nice shot sir Falion! If only we were all so accurate!"

Set fire to the crossbow of the crossbow bandit. If possible, also set him on fire

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2012, 03:06:51 pm »

Ktimbi chants and the entangled roots sprout thorns and move up to the soldiers' chests.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2012, 04:17:34 pm »

"Stand still and let me hammer you, paysan!"

Action: Wheel back around and smash the crossbow wielding bandit into the ground! Even if he's already dead!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2012, 05:24:22 pm »

Fine. It wasn't probably stealthy anymore, but she had to be cautious with her firearms. She just bullrushed the swordsman.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2012, 06:31:25 pm »

Somehow I feel as though something interesting will come of this due to the traits of SC's character.

Whether it's good interesting or bad interesting I will wait to see.
Indeed? Dwarmin did recruit me. ^^^ Not quite sure what you mean by interesting, though, Tarran, but I'll try to keep the Spanglish to a minimum. ^^^

Also, SeriousConcentrate deserves some serious praise for making his wizard agile.

Heh... Well, if you're not going to be armored, you'd better be fast. :D Also, just curious, but do the three of us waitlisters post an action now, or are you just letting us know that next turn we're in? Nevermind, re-read the turn and found the answer myself. ^^^;
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:39:19 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2012, 07:26:01 pm »

Indeed? Dwarmin did recruit me. ^^^ Not quite sure what you mean by interesting, though, Tarran, but I'll try to keep the Spanglish to a minimum. ^^^
Well, I seem to remember both you and Dwarmin being heavy roleplayers. Maybe the two best.

And considering both you and Dwarmin are playing reckless-type characters, and both of you roleplay a lot...

Yeah, potentially interesting/entertaining.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2012, 07:37:14 pm »

Thanks for the kind words. ^^^ I will do my best to meet your expectations. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46