Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73411 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 0 - The Departure
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2012, 09:47:00 pm »

Spoiler: Answering Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Next Turn (click to show/hide)

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2012, 09:53:51 pm »

I say wait until there are 4 votes.

Speaking of which, my vote. "Well, I would also like to deal with my own people. Not that I hate the Wallonen, but I just prefer my own kind more. So my vote is for the border."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2012, 10:10:03 pm »

Adrienne swaggered into the room and clapped her hand on Wilhelmina's shoulder.

"Madame, I choose you. Come, little Mageling-there is much work to be done, and our lives are too short. Since we'll probably die together, all I can promise you is that my life will be shorter than yours. By at least a minute or so.

Ah, and bonjour? Adrienne Alanamont, pleased to meet you."

"Charmed, I'm sure. Wilhelmina van Oranje, tot uw dienst. May our journeys be safe, and the weather be fair."

"We should indeed prioritize dealing with the unfortunate souls who have fallen to banditry; they shall surely pose less of a threat than even the most inept wizard, thus providing ample opportunity to get used to our comrades in... battle."
Long Live United Forenia!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2012, 10:13:06 pm »

"I beg to differ on the most inept wizard being more of a threat than a bandit. I set myself on fire four times while learning magic."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 10:30:12 pm »

((I'll be unable to post tomorrow or Friday, band trip))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 10:37:56 pm »

"I beg to differ on the most inept wizard being more of a threat than a bandit. I set myself on fire four times while learning magic."
"Oh, that is very interesting. I had no idea that fire magic was so... challenging."
Wilhelmina's face betrays nothing but genuine interest. Ayup; not a hint of scorn or derision. Whatsoever.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 10:44:37 pm »

"Well, it's certainly tougher than most magics, because unlike most magics it is as dangerous to you as it is to the enemy all the time. While you could, say, be completely safe learning earth magic because the rock is inert, when learning fire magic there's always the danger of setting yourself on fire because the fire isn't inert."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 11:14:47 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 1 - Adventure!

And so the squad started to make its glorious plans. Not necessarily, though. Adriennne had taken the front of the formation, her armor reflecting the sun heroically, totally oblivious on which matter to prioritize while Ktimbi was pointing towards the road (the wizard recruiters really thought he had consented to joining, but then again they only knew two or three words of his language). The path ahead of them took directly to Prussia's borders, and as the mercenaries turned bandits posed more of an imediate threat, most of the party voted for going after them while taking some time to squabble and chat while standing in front of the gates. Finally, a town guard got fed up and managed to politely them tell to get going, which they actually did.

And so their journey began...Quite unimpressively, but still promising. The horses had no problem in following the trail, and the day was sunny, although [3] very faint signs of rain seemed to appear in the horizon. Falion introduced himself to everyone as they rode, probably intent on making sure no one would mistake him for an enemy. Davie seemed intent on making an acquantaince of Wilhelmina, which was actually not much of a surprise, seeing as the remaining wizard could not speak any european language properly.

[4] They calmly rode along the road (surprisingly) without being ambushed a single time, and managed to get to the first "checkpoint", a small village closest to the area being raided, seeing as a couple of settlements that existed at the border had been either destroyed or abandoned by fleeing peasants.

Some local folk frown mightily as soon as they see that strange group, staring intently at the first knight to enter the place [3] and suspecting the light-armored (female) knight may be a damned frank. On the other side, [autosuccess] Davie's family is relatively well-known around the area, and people smile as he passes by them.

>This is a prussian village, granting +1 to Davie's persuasion rolls. If Adrienne does as much as talk, her second negative bonus will be activated (-2 for social rolls), as the prussians are not exactly fond of their neighbors.
>You can either choose to skip this village entirely and go search for battle or try to collect data with the villagers.
>As of now, you may act individually, although when leaving an area, you should group up again.

((The GM is currently wondering how crispy Davie would taste...hmm....))

The Players

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin: Knight

Powder Miner: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard

agentorangesoda: Wizard

Tarran: Wizard
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:29:59 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 1 - Adventure!
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 11:46:11 pm »

((The GM is currently wondering how crispy Davie would taste...hmm....))
Don't, or I'll create a volcano underneath your feet. :P

"My friends, let me ask the villagers to see what they know about these bandits."

Ask the people about the bandits.

"Meine Landsleute, ich habe gehört, dass Sie Probleme mit Banditen haben. Ist es wahr?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2012, 04:19:18 am »

Adrienne stayed quiet for one whole second.

"Prussiennes chiens hors la loi! Nous allons vous montrer une petite mesure de la miséricorde, si tu veux nous conduire à vos amis criminels!

Suivez mes ordres, vous les paysans sans Dieu!!"
she bellowed, in heavily accented French.

Action: Arrogantly insist the entire village is made of criminals, and we will show them mercy if they tell us everything about the local bandit problem.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:26:39 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2012, 04:21:15 am »

Davie stared at Adrienne confused and confused, wondering what the hell she is saying and why she is shouting it out so loud.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2012, 05:54:42 am »

"Forsooth, for even I do not understand a word both of you speak." Falion looked around at the people nearby, as they were in a relatively safe location, he decided he could leave his ally's side for the moment.

Gesturing to Ktimbi, he dismounts from Ileid and brings his heater shield, leaving his Javelin behind and moves alongside Adrienne, staring down the nearest man. Judging by the commotion she was trying to do, it must be along the lines of intimidation.

"In the name of [God], we are knights of the realm and seek out those bandits that terrorize your fellowmen, speak now of their whereabouts and we shall deal with them justly!" He knew the Code would keep him from harming any innocent, pertaining to those peasants in front of him, but he'd bet they didn't know of the Code.

Aid in interrogation for the knowledge of said bandits until we know their location!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 06:12:14 am »

Davie sighed.

"You know, most of us Germans do not know English. You know you will get no response, correct?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 08:17:33 am »

Falion leaned back slightly to whisper to Davie. "It won't hurt trying. Bandits are a motley group, I've heard."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 09:07:32 am »

April rolled her eyes. "You guys are being too mean to them and you're probably not going to do much! Davie should probably ask about the bandits because he knows how to speak German, and he's probably known around here, see look they're smiling at him!" April absentmindedly stroked Candy, and followed Davie.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46