Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73319 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 14 - Onwards
« Reply #375 on: April 04, 2012, 06:19:51 pm »

April happily hummed as she rode along, taking stock of what she had on her.

((Namely I want to know if I have more than one flintlock pistol, for the black powder frenzy move))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 04, 2012, 06:32:57 pm »

((Stocked with 7 loaded Eplock Family flintlock pistols. Rifled barrels, for accuracy, must be cleaned after each battle, due to the accumulation of gunpowder residues inside the barrel. Reloading many pistols at once requires a roll. Minimum of one pistol reloaded per reload roll, except in the case 1 is rolled.))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:46:49 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 04, 2012, 10:05:26 pm »

Ignore the discussion of the party and lead the way without saying a single word.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 04, 2012, 10:42:46 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 15 - Sparring and wives

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The townspeople initiate their daily routine as well as they can in face of the heavy partying of the day before; the central square and the marketplace grow livelier as the inhabitants of the settlement wake up and prepare for a hard day of work. The assault against the bandit camp starts to take its first steps as the nobles' squad begins to make its way towards the forest, although Dellus and Adrienne decide to stop for a little training. Far from there, Falion and Ktimbi move around the outskirts of the woods, very near enemy territory.

While Diego, Davie and April (Candy comfortably nested on her head) move towards the bandit camp, with Thelfin discretly taking the leading position, Dellus has his wishes turned into reality (not really) as he asks for instruction on how to wield his newly-acquired weapons, being accepted as an apprentice by Adrienne, who stays back with him for a little while to teach him the basics. [4] Dellus is well-taught about stances, slashing and piercing attacks and the correct positioning when fencing, managing to grasp some of the foundations of swordfighting.

Adrienne decides to try a sparring match, drawing her longsword while Dellus positions himself and grips his twin short swords tightly. She swiftly readies her sword and strikes against him with a overhead blow, [2]vs[6-2] but he crosses his swords and blocks the larger blade in a small flicker of metal sparks, pushing it away and counterattacking. [3-2]vs[4] His attack fares poorly as his slashes go wide and Adrienne bats one of his blades aways with her arm guard, pushing her sword once again against him. [3]vs[3-2] This time the young wizard is unable to defend himself from the assault properly and loses footing, falling backwards as he diverts the blow. Adrienne takes the chance and executes a twisting slash attack towards his neck, [5]vs[6-2] which is barely defended by the young wizard (he would probably die right at this point if this was not part of a training). The blade is stopped in a small shower of sparks a few inches from his neck as the female knight plays with her prey, grinning evilly. Adrienne tries to push the edge closer to his neck and consider the sparring match finished, [4]vs[6-2] but the short swords do not recede under the assault of the larger sword. [5-2]vs[1] Dellus counters and locks the longsword between his blades before pushing them aside and rushing for an attack [1-2]vs[2] which ends with his feet losing contact with the ground as the frank knight decides to end the practice and easily kicks his legs aside, resting the tip of her sword milimeters away from his face. The sparring match ends with Dellus deciding to prioritize defense over attack (during the sparring match, I ignored both characters' dodge bonuses by the way, having in mind both are the same).

A quiet sound of quick footsteps is heard accompanied by a musical whistle and [6]vs[5] Adrienne immediately positions her blade in a defensive position, slightly sliding back from the impact of the fierce attack as Dellus' wife (Ilyria...uhhh...Hierdach?) appears in an instant and strikes at the knight with her twin short swords with a frontal attack. She leaps back quickly and seems both very wary of the frank female. The young woman is fully armored and wants to follow the group for [2] turns, just to make sure the person teaching her husband is a competent warrior. She smiles towards Dellus before calmly shifting her grip on the swords with a short spin maneuver and looking towards Adrienne.

Ktimbi and Falion meet by the trees after Airgead points towards the african with his muzzle and heads his way. The dragoon parts with some of his berries and Ktimbi gladly accepts them while giving away the information he gathered in the knight's language as effectively as he is able to. Both resume their way towards the enemy encampment and stop as near as possible to the woods without being immediately seen by the tired patrols. [3+1] Ktimbi's sneaking ability and the wolf's silent movement allow them to avoid been seen during the guard shift.

>Dellus' player asked for me to change his last name, which I quickly accepted. I did not want to tell him directly, but his former one was kind of stupid. Hierdach it is now, already fixed the status. And nothing of value was lost this day. His family name was used only a few times. Going to retcon it. All of you who have appropriate family names, keep them and be proud...
>I am willing to bet a chunk of my ass Adrienne'll fight Ilyria and miss the bandit-hunting. Well, fighting the girl might get rid of her ealier, though.
>Edit: I'll try more descriptive posts next, I have more free time tomorrow.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tiruin: Knight
Powder Miner: Knight
Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out
agentorangesoda: Wizard
Tarran: Wizard
SeriousConcentrate: Wizard
Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:58:39 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 15- Sparring and wives
« Reply #379 on: April 04, 2012, 10:53:38 pm »

Continue riding towards the bandit camp.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 04, 2012, 11:28:05 pm »

April rode along, continually talking. "We should probably make a strategy because like then we would be able to know what to do and we would be able to defeat the bandits more easily...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 04, 2012, 11:31:36 pm »

"When we get there. We have no idea of what the camp looks like so planning right now is somewhat foolish."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 04, 2012, 11:33:19 pm »

"Hmmmmm... well what about a basic plan of attack in case of ambush or in case of early sentries or patrols or stumbling into them before we're ready or... or... something like that?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 04, 2012, 11:36:43 pm »

"There's no way to plan for an ambush because, well, you have no idea where we will be ambushed. We could be ambushed in the open when we planned for a river with trees ambush, for example.

Early sentries are an obvious answer: kill them or maim them as quickly as possible."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 05, 2012, 12:10:32 am »

"Davie! Anything's better than not trying!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:04 am »

((You're being somewhat careful for a reckless character. Just saying.))

"That's incorrect. If were were in a fight, and I was not trying to help, would it be better if I tried to kill you all?" Davie raised his eyebrows.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 05, 2012, 12:46:16 am »

((I'm trying to have er be chatty and I couldn't think of anything else to say. You could suggest anything else. That said she might be a bit more careful after failing next time- just not so careful she would hesitate to go in.))

"Well... I mean... Hmm..... ... . . . I mean something positive!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2012, 06:17:13 am »

"Judging by their poise, it looks like the full-night patrols didn't turn up any leads. We've exhausted them by the psyche!" Falion said as he strode along with Ktimbi and Airgead, unmounted. "Still, I hope none have sunk deep into the realm of paranoia to do...drastic actions yet."

"What I could glean," he gestured in sign language, or rudimentary body language, "was that they rely on longbows for most of their men. Not many use shields, we can use this to our advantage. Hopefully, snapped bowstrings could stop anyone from using their arrows.

"I wonder, where is everyone else? The Morn has come, we should strike now while they falter. Ktimbi, do you know any signals that could alert any of our fine brothers and sisters of the bandits' weakness? I don't think any of them remember us being here.

"Though, we could use this to flank the camp while they take one side..."
A wave of thoughts washed across Falion's mind. The possibilities were endless. He silently thanked his brother for his subtlety as they walked.

Continue to evade patrols in the meantime.

Search for any notable signs. Like Religious symbols or...sigils and markings.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:34:41 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2012, 06:33:10 am »

Diego idly cleans his nails with a throwing knife while waiting for Davie and April to finish their discussion, then rides on toward the camp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2012, 10:33:41 am »

Adrienne hadn't broken much of a sweat. She noted Ilyria was much better at bladework than her feckless husband.

Better than her? Maybe...Adrienne has always been taught there was someone stronger than you-faster. So you had to be smart.

She took a step toward her, bowing at the waist politely.

"Lady Hierdach, I presume? A pleasure-and an honor to train your husband,

It seems, though, he has much to learn of the blade art from me...and other things."
Adrienne said innocently, but with a secret smirk.

"Oh so malleable, the mind of a young man, wouldn't you agree? If we're going to start, I think it might be good for him to see us in action. He might even enjoy it, or learn something.

I know I would. And what lesson would I be sending to my new student, if I did not test myself fairly against all comers? Even the master has room for improvement, after all.

What say you? Do you fancy a dance?"

Adrienne took her own stance. She had an idea this would be a tough fight...

Action: Challenge the Lady to a duel!

Try to use Female version taunt :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46