Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73315 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 14 - Onwards
« Reply #360 on: April 04, 2012, 06:18:24 am »

Davie rode up to Adrienne.

"So you're 'leading' by insulting someone and being a smug asshole when he meant no harm? Brilliant. So we have a 'leader' who thinks she's 'better' than everyone else." Davie said, putting emphasis on the last sentence and shouting it.

"I'll be honest, knight, you would make a poor leader. The way to lead parties, armies, and nations is not to make enemies when you could make friends, or make enemies out of neutrals."

Davie promptly blocked Adrienne's horse with his own for a second before riding back to the second row.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:20:50 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 04, 2012, 06:37:31 am »

Adrienne didn't look back-nor avert her course. She had been perfectly willing to go right through him if he didn't move aside.

"...You've certainly got some fire in your belly, Monsieur Davie, I've give you that. I guess you pass the first test.

Any man who had taken that from me without a rebuttal, I would not trust to fight by my side."
She said, a smile in her voice.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 04, 2012, 07:50:27 am »

"Monsieur, dame, I gently ask for you to stop this little quarrel so we can go to the florest."
Said Dellus, trying to stop the bout between Davie and Adrienne.
"Taking advantage of the brief distraction, may anybody instruct me as how to fight using sword and crossbow? I intend to learn certain types of magic that require this knowledge."

Action:Follow the group to the forest and accept the offer of anybody who can teach me.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 04, 2012, 07:58:17 am »

Adrienne nodded to Dellus, as they arrived in the city square.

"I tire of these trifles, as well, though they are amusing. We have a little time before our final departure, so I might as well teach you some techniques.

I don't suppose either of us have a training sword, so if I cut off your head, it will be your own damn fault, won't it?"

She smiled, dismounted her horse, and drew her blade...

Sub-action: Adrienne agrees to train Dellus in basic sword fighting and crossbow shooting. Try not to cut off his head.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 04, 2012, 08:08:41 am »

"You can borrow my sword, if you wish," Diego offered, taking his short sword from its sheath and holding it out to Dellus.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 04, 2012, 08:11:03 am »

((...That won't end well.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 04, 2012, 08:18:35 am »

((The Sword? Or the possibility of rolling a 1 and decapitating Dellus?  :P))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 04, 2012, 08:26:26 am »

"I guess that it would be better if we start with the theory and basic practice alone, leaving sparring for later." Said Dellus.

"Thanks Diego, but I bought a pair of short swords yesterday."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:32:48 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 04, 2012, 08:43:53 am »

"All right." Diego put the sword away and returned his attention to riding to the forest.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 04, 2012, 08:48:25 am »

Adrienne took another look at Dellus. He had the build of a sword fighter...he could become something...nice. If she prepared him right.

She decided to save the beat down for later.

"Very well. We'll do the basic maneuvers-but know this, Sir Dellus. Until you choose to cast your swords in the mud and crawl away in shame, you're mine. I've taken a few students in my years-and I've turned them all into something better than they were-I'll do the same with you. I won't be satisfied with teaching you a few fancy flourishes and stances. If you want me to train you, this is only the beginning. My honor will be hinge on your success on the battlefield.

Are you still willing? Otherwise, choose someone of lower station, and stop wasting my time."

Her words weren't cruel or boisterous-they were engaged. She wanted to train him...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 04, 2012, 09:03:13 am »

((He should have talked more to his wife...I had a background for her as a master-level sword fighter (she is the daughter of the leader of a blacksmith's guild) so she could beat him from time to time, but well, it seems he'll get beaten anyway. May I still keep a spar so Adrienne can toss him around?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 04, 2012, 09:12:00 am »

((@Cael: Yes, you may :P ))

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 04, 2012, 09:33:58 am »

Ktimbi was overjoyed to see the connection forged between man and beast. A wolf is as savage as it is loyal; his battle brother had the heart of a wolf, and such a bond was welcome news. Ktimbi graciously accepted the berries, grinning. A wispy voice escaped through the mastication:

"wait...night...there," he pointed toward his previous location, "see men...they are rabbits" he heaved two short laughs,

"with us, weak. sleep, not hunt," he pointed in the direction of the town.

The amphetamines had made Ktimbi especially talkative. He gave the wolf a pat on the head, made a crude barking noise, and continued in the direction of the bandit camp.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:58 am »

Falion was humbled at the simple joy of his brother. Straight to the point, with what little words he knew of the knight's language, it was definitely gave something to think about. Following his command, Falion re-mounted himself on his Wolfen companion and decided to head onward.

Give Ktimbi some of the berries I scavenged for his health.

Proceed to the perimeter of the Bandit Camp. Evade detection, unless we spot any 'bandits' we've met earlier.

The thought of rabbit men was strange. Maybe this Forest was more than it originally seemed to be. Or was it just his perspective?

Nevertheless, Falion made sure to let this man rest when he could. Preferably after the mission, and before any harm.

He wondered how the others fared, but doubted not in their cooperation.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 04, 2012, 09:58:44 am »

"Okay, I accept the training in your conditions."

((Dellus had no clue that his wife was a master-level sword fighter.))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:23:24 am by Grunhill »

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46