Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73304 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Adrienne decided she would have broken the mans jaw even on a good night. At least it made her choice of prey easy...

She picked up a heavy beer bottle from a nearby table, and tapped the man on the shoulder, grinning ferally.

"Why don't you try me on for size, petit homme?" She said, her voice low and enticing-and mocking.

As he turned around, she was already putting her weight into a solid swing.

Action: Initiate Knightly beat down!

Use Taunt skill on him.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:41:10 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Diego's part was epic, that was the best part of the story))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ktimbi was a bit disappointed in his espionage skills; he was lucky the bandits were cowards, but he expected them to come back full force now that he had been spotted twice. He couldn't afford to be careless.

Ktimbi creates a camouflage of grass and twigs

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(So as not to hold the turn up, I'll go ahead and enter my action now.)

Diego goes to his room for the night, attempting to take as many of the women with him as possible. And Ricardo Hernandez, as usual, will follow to provide music.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((...Does that mean Ricardo likes to watch?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I would say that even if he doesn't, he is at the very least used to playing guitar in this situation by now. :P And possibly getting to join in sometimes too helps. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((...You give me mental images I can not unsee. Thank you very much, kind Sir.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(You're welcome. ;D)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I was trying to make a portrait of one of you guys. Then I finished the sketch, looked at it and...Crap, it looked more like the cookie monster. Edit: Ahem, anyway running the turn soon, checking for posts.))
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:44:55 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Don't worry, I suck at making people images too.

SeriousConcentrate seems to be the best at doing so, though. So if he's willing, you could ask him for portraits.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Nah, I'm too much of a do-it-yourself-and-don't-ask-others kind of guy. I shall expend all of my free time drawing UNTIL I DOMINATE ART. Aside of course from the spots used to run the turns, obviously. Edit: Posting the cookie monster portrait later.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Indeed. Powder's picture is April and I have Diego, I'm just not using him right now in favor of a girl's reaction to seeing an eldtrich abomination. :3)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand post time!

April decided to enjoy herself at the party a little. She didn't like to be bored, after all!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arcane Steel - Turn 12 - Very Calm Night

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Falion put his efforts into convincing the bandits to yield, avoiding any bloodshed in the proccess and Ktimbi avoids the hostile patrols, most of the group, which chose to head to rest in the town, faces the terrible dangers of feasts, dancing, music, alcoholic beverages, fun and cheerful people. Diego embraced the opportunity to have fun with both arms and Ricardo Hernández appeared once again upon his master's call to once again bring joy to each and every land they shall come across in their journey. Davie sulked and Dellus was victim of a series of strange events which ended with him being kidnapped and unable to break free.

Diego tries to convince the girls who he has danced with to follow him upstairs [d3=1], but only manages to persuade one of the girls. The other two do not seem very interested in...uh...whatever includes Ricardo Hernández in the room. Nevertheless, Diego carries his victimpartner for the night while the peculiar musician follows both into the room and keeps playing inside the room...Diego got what he wanted, although less than he wanted. Davie decides to enjoy some much-needed sleep and goes to his room, not before shooting down Diego's "generous" offer, while April decides to enjoy herself at the party and goes to the dance floor, [2] but is interrupted by the aggressive advances of a very impolite drunkard, to which Candy answers by leaping at his face [4] and managing to scratch half of it before gracefully escaping and hiding inside April's clothes. [3] The man clutches his face and does not seem very happy, but gives up and leaves. Some blocks away, Adrienne (initiating knightly beatdown) picks a beer bottle from a nearby table, taps the drunk man on the shoulder and gets his attention, swinging the heavy bottle against him as he turns his face towards her. [6]vs[5] The man tries to avoid and almost manages to do it, but the bottle hits him straight in the face, lightly stunning him. Adrienne then makes rather rude remarks about how his sword is not long nor broad - it is actually more likely to be a dagger, and a dull one at that, according to her - [4] the man is not able to withstand Adrienne's taunting and is enraged! He rushes towards her in a mad fury [3-1-1]vs[1+2+1] only to run past her as the frank knight easily leaps back [6]vs[4-1] and applies a beautiful uppercut punch to his chin, getting him dizzy, shaky and on all fours. [6]vs[5-1-2] Adrienne finally shoves his face to the ground with a downwards kick to the back of his head and hears the quiet sound his nose makes as it is pushed and broken against the pavement. Adrienne wins the fight against the armored man and is profusely thanked by the startled maiden. Nearby, in the shopping district, Thelfin runs off into the street, disconnects the heavy chain from his weapon and tries to catch the running man with it, [2]vs[3-1] but he only hits the tip of the chain lasso on him as the man sees it coming and quickly changes his escape route. Dellus summons forth a flash of light to stun the man, [3+1] obtaining success and causing the tanned youngster to shield his eyes, dropping Dellus to the floor. The young wizard rolls away and runs for the arms of his...future wife? The girl's brother will not give up easily, [5] but he is still stunned by the strong aftereffects of the magic and that time is enough for guards to take him into custody. One of the guards winks towards Dellus. He just hopes (or pretends) it was a friendly wink and heads to the weaponsmith's house for a good night of sleep.

Falion realizes hunger may affect him if he does not take risks and he tries to eat some of the bandit's food, [2] but unfortunately it is awful and disgusting, causing the dragoon to discretly spit it out. It seems they gave him the worst parts, maybe even some of the spoiled goods. The risk of starvation will affect Falion negatively until he eats proper food. After the failed attempt at sating his hunger, the knight tries to convince the leader of the bunch to abandon the escape plans [5-2], but only manages to convince him to tell the patrols to be more careful, although the leader is now mildly irritated with Falion's racketeering at the camp. The mercenary was the one commanding them, after all. Ktimbi, worried about the scouting parties, decides to create a camouflage out of natural items, [2] but is unable to. [2+1]; [5+1]. One longbowman from the first group sees him and shoots, [2]vs[4+2] but Ktimbi easily dodges the projectile and the man just draws the conclusion it was a shadow or a small animal. The second group is also able to identify the african shaman's outline against the cloudy night, but they start to engage in some kind of ritual out of respect, giving him enough time to escape.

>I should have told you sooner, but both Falion, Adrienne and, mostly recently, Diego, have honorific (?) titles, one for each, cooking. It may take some time but they'll get those, and keeping up with the same actions help the titles bloom faster.
>I'm sleepy and this may contain more mistakes and rougher writing. I may try to fix it by the morning.
>I'm disappointed Falion did not get my *winkwinknudgenudge* about a special event for him related to his family. And the 'night' turns are almost ending...Well, it will be Lost Forever if he can not figure it out until the next turn.
>Last "night" turn, everyone goes to sleep after this. Davie will probably be in better shape than most of you.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin: Knight

Powder Miner: Knight

Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out

agentorangesoda: Wizard

Tarran: Wizard

SeriousConcentrate: Wizard

Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 07:43:00 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 12 - Very Calm Night
« Reply #299 on: March 31, 2012, 12:33:20 am »

Sleep.

The world is in awe at my awesome action, I know.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46