Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73346 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 6 - Reinforcements Abound!
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2012, 06:19:18 pm »

"Or more likely he hits the ground and dies."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2012, 06:22:42 pm »

Adrienne offered helpfully.

"Then, it will have been the sky and the ground that judged him guilty of his crimes, sentenced him to death. A higher authority than mere men, I deem."

She almost said it with a straight face.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2012, 06:25:48 pm »

"...sigh. Yeah, you're all real chivalrous."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2012, 06:40:20 pm »

The knight, still ripping pieces of wood off the restrained bandit, took notice of the grim conversation.
"Fiat justitia, but not like that. I am against the idea of launching the bandit and making the ground its judge, juri and executioner."
If they launch the bandit, try to catch it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2012, 06:46:27 pm »

"This is an extremely morbid conversation if I do say so myself. I'm personally indifferent." Davie shrugs. "Though I must say that I worry about your mental states for even bringing this conversation up."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2012, 06:54:04 pm »

(Since there is a two-to-one vote no...)

"Muy bien, muy bien. What do you suggest we do with him instead then?" Diego asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2012, 08:16:01 pm »

"We can't leave them in the middle of the road to die, or to commit more crimes, death is too good for them", said Dellus. "But we could take them as prisoners and send them to the catacombs of the next castle we pass, or make them our slaves to help us for the time being." He completed with a grim smile at his face. "J'ai besoin d'un chargeur pour les livres"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:54:27 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2012, 09:53:03 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 7 - Setting Sun

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In a joyful reunion, the newcomers quickly befriended the rest of the squad, forming a partnership with a will of steel and indomitable spirit. ...All except for two of the three, as Dellus the light mage seemed quiet and straight-to-the-point and the byzantine knight tried to prevent the roots from turning the bandit into both smooth and crunchy bloody pasta to please Ktimbi's ancestral spirits. While Diego talked with some of the members of the small group and said he would take any (beautiful?) woman to his bed, the setting sun slowly descended into the horizon. There was little time to chat, and an action should be taken.

Falion decides to show mercy towards the bandits and interrogate one of them. One of the young unrestrained men is confronted by him, which proceeds to ask him about their hierarchy. [5] The knight easily convinces the prisoner to talk and the young man then tells there are various small groups, which usually number around 15 to 25 people and are generally under the leadership of a heavy or medium-armored mercenary who keeps a medium-armored sergeant as his aide. Those groups are usually scattered to avoid detection, but can be reunited when it is needed to do so, and the main leaders are powerful warriors. He also says he does not know from where the equipment comes, but it does come in quantity enough to outfit all the members, answering some of Falion's doubts. If they outfitted lowly sentinels with steel armor when even leather armor was far from being affordable by peasants, there was obvious danger ahead. After the interrogation, the dragoon buries the man he killed, [6]vs[4+1] managing to do it before Ktimbi arrives, stabbing the crossbowman's knife on top of the makeshift grave, and decides to try and ask for the prisoner's help, [4+1] to which they nod in satisfaction and relief, maybe even with enthusiasm, probably impressed by his show of compassion. Davie acts disgusted towards the actions of the bandits and stays mostly indifferent, but not before pointing out the problems of sir Falion's plan, mostly the possibilty of breaking any chance of enacting a suprise attack. Adrienne tries her own special technique of interrogation on the younger prisoner which revolves on threats, blood and possible castration. [5] She succeeds, smoothly threatening him with her knife and causing the poor bastard to repeat what his friend had just said, adding the information that the bunch they belong to is right after the corner of the forest, is composed of three more unwilling recruits plus ten marauders with varying skill levels and when they left to stand guard, their companions were setting up an encampment on top of a nearby hill. The frank knight knocks him out cold after extracting all the information possible and turns to talk to Diego. Diego talks, flirts, shows some of his spanish heat and proposes launching one of the bandits into the air, to which two people oppose, causing him to drop the idea. April rolls her eyes and generally acts like the good girl she is. Candy meowls and tries to leap from the saddle towards April [4], managing to sink her small claws into the knight's clothing. Ktimbi loots the almost-headless soldier's eyes but is not able to get the bladder of the other corpse before Falion buries him. He then commands the roots to kill the trapped raider as a way of appeasing the spirits. Thelfin tries to save the restrained man, his mechanically assisted armor working together with his muscles to battle against Ktimbi's attempt to turn the man into a human sacrifice. [5+1]vs[3+1] The Klibanophor finally manages to rip the roots apart and set the last hoodlum free, while Dellus proposes reducing the prisoners to slavery, forgetting that by that time, slave was a bad word. People called them "serfs" or "servants" and pretended their lives were way better than that of slaves. Pffff.

One of the conscious men pointed out that by the time the night fell, they were supposed to head towards the camp. If they left now, the attacking group could probably sneak by the side of the road and avoid the new watchers, moving directly towards the crude tents and taking out the leaders without much trouble. The last few rays of sunlight peered over in the horizon. The squad had to make its choice, and make it quick.

Subjugated:
Spoiler: Bandits: (click to show/hide)

>Ktimbi still has...Ah, nevermind it. Also, most of the party is stark raving mad. That is rather amusing.
Feedback on the themes, I'll try adding those for some posts. Just trying them now for shits and giggles. Good Lord, the theme I chose for the "reunion" remembers me of Fire Emblem for some reason.
You can keep the prisoners as pets, kill them or leave them, I don't care. I am the GM, and quite frankly I suspect the group will end up having many arguments and fights because of different antics and ethics. I'll be having my popcorn. Extra large.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin: Knight

Powder Miner: Knight

Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out

agentorangesoda: Wizard

Tarran: Wizard

SeriousConcentrate: Wizard

Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:52:16 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 7 - Setting Sun
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »

Please, becoming a servant of mine is too good for them. I would have to consider them as humans beings, I don't want it.

Dellus watches the nightfall thinking about what they have to do  and quietly waiting for the group's decision, all the while planing how the new servants (¬¬) should be used
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:25:42 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2012, 10:45:02 pm »

"We should probably sneak by, bu I don't want to sneak the whole attack. I'm bad with stealth." April stroked Candy.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2012, 11:26:45 pm »

"Let's go stealth. Perhaps I can cause a bit of ruckus with my fire magic without alerting anyone to our presence."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2012, 02:07:26 am »

(@Caellath: What if Ricardo just followed Diego everywhere playing music for him?...)
((Ricardo WILL be back. After writing his participation and especially after he received a name, I thought he deserved more screentime, so he is going to appear again. Just wait for it, I already have the scene planned.))
((Somehow, Roll to Seek the Grail's retainers came into my mind here.

Also, loving this turn of events, including the addition of one of my favorite music. TSFH!))

Falion adjusted the reins to slow his horse. "Slavery and such, remember that the man I've interrogated is under my custody and nobody is to touch him. Magic or otherwise," he said without turning his head to look at them.

After a few seconds, he re-thought out what he said earlier. "We have three people at our...disposal. I propose we send them back, the two carrying the unconscious one, and give them order to report a false attack. Judging by their numbers, and despite our power, I'd not like death to reign her head here. We can do this quick and easy, a diversion seems better, helps clear up the mess of us doing all the work." He nodded at Davie's and April's suggestion before turning to the captives.

"But when we attack, leave out these three, please?"

Voting for sending the subjugated as a distraction, sending a false report to divert attention as we sneak in and kill their leaders.

Wipe off that vomit from Ktimbi's feet, if he permits it.

"I wonder, heavily armored troops are easy to spot, but I think those more adept at magic should target them while we, knights, shall hold off the rest."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2012, 03:26:57 am »

Adrienne whispered.

"Skulking around like rats in a cellar. Charming.

But, if it gets us closer to the leaders of this verminous band, I can probably suffer it..."

Action: Stealth Mode into the enemy camp with the others
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2012, 03:29:48 am »

Davie shrugs. "I'm fine with anything as long as it doesn't get me killed and doesn't ruin our element of surprise."

Go Metal Gear Wizard on the camp.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2012, 04:40:57 am »

"Eh... Un hombre debe luchar abiertamente, sin ocultar en las sombras. But if we must hide, that is what illusion is for, sí?" He grinned. "And arrows. Much quieter than firearms."

Diego casts an illusion spell to hide himself and anyone else who wants him to try it on them too, then draws his bow and sneaks to the camp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46